ReikoX's Workshop 2022

It is like topping the plant, the tallest portion of the plant always seems to grow the fastest. I took the two shoots that were at that bend for clones about a week ago. I don’t really know what I’m doing, just winging it. :rofl:

17 Likes

Here to see and all! Some fun ahead.

1 Like

Any plans to reverse any of the others in the beds for seed?

1 Like

Definitely don’t plan to spray silver in my beds. I’m just looking for some variety in the jars now.

8 Likes

@ReikoX Loving the show indeed! I’m currently making up different batches for testing. I was wondering what ratios you used to come up with the saturated paste test. I plan on running
60% ProMix BX
30% Pumice
10% compost/WC
I suppose my real question is, would you lower you’re liming agent to get a lower ph if you could do it over again… I want to test with Dolomite and OSF and was wondering if 1 tablespoon per gallon of DL is too much… Sorry for the ramble. Thanks in advance! :green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

My original mix is basically a coots mix.

The base soil mix is compose of:

1/3 Sphagnum Peat Moss
1/3 Compost or Vermicompost
1/3 Aeration

For each cubic foot (7.5 US gallons) of soil add:

1/2 Cup Kelp Meal
1/2 Cup Neem Meal
1/2 Cup Crustacean Meal
1 Cup Malted Barley Powder
6 Cups Charged Biochar
1 Cup Oyster Shell Flour
1 Cup Gypsum
1 Cup Glacial Rock Dust
1 Cup Basalt Rock Dust

The test that I showed isn’t the saturated paste test, it is a Mehlich 3 soil test. But that doesn’t change the pH value. Because of all the rock dusts, it’s no surprise the pH is slightly above 7.0. It’s a heavy calcium mix, I’m targeting 85% TCEC calcium saturation.

I’m not a fan of dolomite personally, it has too much magnesium for my liking. I would just use the oyster shell flour at a tablespoon per gallon works out to about how much I used in my mix. That should be plenty. The ProMix already has lime and you are only using 10% compost.

28 Likes

I had the night to myself, so I decided to wash some hash. I pulled out a 211 gram bag of half dried Grass Fire OG from the freezer. Soaked it for about 30 minutes in ice water to rehydrate it. Then I ran the washer for six minutes.

This is the first pull of the 45-159 micron.

Second pull ran for nine minutes.

Third pull ran foe twelve minutes.

I ran a fourth run for 15 minutes and called it a night. It all went back in the beer froster to “freeze dry” for a week or so. Once dry I’ll bag it and press it for rosin. So far it looks like a good yield.

I still have two more 185 gram bags in the freezer to run when I get another night off.

55 Likes

Tasty lookin bubble!

4 Likes

Damn that looks good. What kind of bags do you have?

I’m pretty excited about that lineup in this system, it’s going to be a good show.

2 Likes

Following along, hope to learn me a few tricks in here.

3 Likes

Very nice color. Looks really clean. No green to be seen. :smiley:

4 Likes

Good looking hash, can’t wait to see how it presses :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Breakfast Budda there!

2 Likes

So the four runs with the bubble hash were all from the same batch of dried flower? Mix first run, pull out each bag, collect hash, put all bags back together and stir the work bag again, repeat 3 more times?

I’m new to hash and have only seen one run being done from others but wow there’s still a lot of hash to be collected!

1 Like

I’m using the Bubble Bags from Bubbleman.

Sure enough, except the washer drains and leaves the buds and ice in the washer. So I drain the water through the bags, then add more water to the washer and let it soak while I pull the bags. Then run it again 2-3 more times depending on quality and yield.

13 Likes

She’s a beaut! Nice and creamy, I can’t wait to see what it looks like dried out.

8 Likes

Thanks @JoeCrowe, means a lot coming from an award wining hashishin like you. :wink:

The 1/2 dry worked out pretty well. I would have to do a side by side to see if there is a noteable change in terpenes, but this hash smelled fantastic.

It should be dried and pressed in another week or so. In the meantime, I pressed some of the flower.

37 Likes

Wow 6 cups of BioChar eh!? The ladies love it apparently. I was thinking about half that but I have no experience with it yet. Thanks for the info, I think I will re evaluate a few things. :pray::green_heart:

3 Likes

That’s the recipe I used, but honestly I think it is too much. If I had to do it again, I would do 1/2 or even just omit it.

6 Likes

I see. I don’t want to go overboard on testing so I’m trying to go about it logically. Maybe just do a few and then amend based off the results. 🤷 Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes