ReikoX's Workshop

I use “Orca foil” what do you use for the film?

Reflectix from Home de Pot.

Thank you, and satisfied?I like it very much

1 Like

It holds up pretty well, diffuses light nicely, and even provides insulation. It’s pretty cheap too.

2 Likes

Hey @ReikoX where did you obtain your felt?
I’m planning on making my own fabric pots as well!

1 Like

I found the eco-felt at my local Joann fabric store.

1 Like

Great… One of those an hour away. (not that big a deal for me)

is it a by-the-yard fabric or pre-packaged?

You can buy it by the yard. I bought a 3 yards for my no-till bed and have a ton left.

Sweet! The in-laws are coming to visit tomorrow I may ask them to grab me some on their way down lol.

2 Likes

lookin good man. cant wait to see those skunk finish

1 Like

Congrats on “Leader”. Well deserved.

4 Likes

Do you think weed block fabric would be ok doubled up “2ply” for a one time use?

Also what is the deaign for them - like the cut shape, sorry I was always baked during Home Economics…

I have a roll handy and would love some pots the size of those bonsai hoochy mammas

And yeah way to go Mr Leader :+1:

3 Likes

Basically you cut a circle. Measure a rectangle that is big enough to wrap around with a bit of overlap. Sew the rectangle around the circle, then sew the two edges of the rectangle together. Flip it inside out to hide the seams.

2 Likes

You make it sound easy - but I’ve never tried sewing that turned out right
The biofelt is thicker than most blockers correct? Enjoy the fabric containers
but sometimes their sizes aren’t right for where you want to put them. or shape…
Something larger, say 8 x 14 rectangle instead of square/round, but that is a
different design where it also has to support it’s sides when full.

1 Like

It pretty easy, i’ve made close to probably around a 100+ pots by now.

3 Likes

Coming up on on five weeks for these girls. Getting a bit of dying off on the bigger fan leaves. Doesn’t seem to be hurting bud production. Ordered some nematodes to see if I can knock down the fungus gnat population. My H. Miles need some backup :joy:

17 Likes

I like the 3 big colas on the right, you can tell that plant wants to overgrow! Yes, I"m sick of fungus gnats, my soil mix is getting exposed to outside temps to freeze now, that usually knocks them way down as the winter goes on.

1 Like

Thanks man, it’s hard to tell but there are two plants on the right. One is tiny the other huge.

3 Likes

nooooooooooooooo. :joy: hahahahahahahaha. what you gotta do it ignore the gnats for a cycle or two. then when your soil life is established they disapeer. also neem and malted barley topdresses help a lot:)

3 Likes

They are on the decline as the H. Miles population increases. Still using the barley, kelp, neem, etc.

4 Likes