ReikoX's Workshop

Maybe a warning label on the bottle about what happens if you use to much.

More is not better always.

-hopefully it will bounce back

3 Likes

Thankfully not my plant/grow brother but just a random example of reckless abandonment pulled from the web.

3 Likes

Looks like ,she needs watered or fried out. Awww hate seeing plants like that. Hope she’ll pick up …:slight_smile::seedling::+1:Mechelle x

1 Like

lol not mine thankfully but iv’e been there a few times in summer loft grows. Simply add water and next day it’s back to life and growing again :grin: It thrives on adversity and hates too much meddling which is where most folks go wrong. It’s classed as a weed cos it grows like one, from a hot country :grin:

4 Likes

It happened to my whole grow ,over that heavy snow fall. Couldn’t get to them for 8 days… That’s what they done too . Watered n fed them left them for a couple of hours and couldn’t believe they had all picked up as if nothing was wrong lol​:slight_smile:thanx doll take care . Mechelle :seedling::blush::+1:

5 Likes

@MBSeeds Yes, luckily for us it is a very forgiving plant we work with!

5 Likes

The Durban Poison are now 10 weeks. Last week I thought they were done, so I gave them one more week. I’m so happy with the result, that I’m going to see what they look like again in a week. That, and I have to go out of town for business for a couple of days and want to monitor the drying and cure.

Durban Poison 1

Durban Poison 2

38 Likes

Oh my goodness @ReikoX! Those look fucking amazing. So jealous over here.

4 Likes

Where I live, I would be afraid of losing those beauties to botrytis.

I trust you have this under control. Look at those buds.

99% :eye:

6 Likes

I got this, constant airflow, steady temps and RH, and a bit of LITFA to finish them off.

8 Likes

Beautiful girls, it’s a joy.

3 Likes

I’d say at this stage you can disregard the instructions and use as much LITFA as you feel comfortable with and not a drop more bro. Good Job! :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Lookin great @ReikoX - what did you use there as string for your scrog?

2 Likes

Looking great. I love the autumning your getting.

1 Like

Looking great! Plus some for 20 Xtra characters

@KingGhidora I used pink mason line (nylon). And eye hooks on a PVC frame.

3 Likes

Been a busy weekend in the workshop.

My first SolStrip light is working so well, I decided to build a second one just like it. This will make the third SolStrip light I’ve built. My brother thinks I should start making them to build. I told him I would provide him with all the research and he can do the development.

First I cut the two pieces of angle iron to 26" in length. Then I marked the holes for the heat sinks, 1/2" from the edges and 5" apart. Remember to take into consideration the thickness of the material when you mark your holes, I’ve messed that up the last two times, third time’s the charm. Finally I punched and drilled out the holes for the heatsink and some holes for the hangers. I learned pretty quick that using oil will save your drill bits from getting dull. This is probably one of the hardest parts of the whole build IMO.

Next I connected all of the heatsinks to the angle iron loosely. After that I made sure it was straight and tightened the bolts down. The X2 heat sinks are a bit easier because they are symmetrical, unlike the X1. Next I connected the 5000K strips to the sinks using screws and a nylon washer.

Then I connected the 2700K lights to the heat sinks using the provided nylon screws. They were easier to deal with than the metal screw and washer, another nice improvement.

The connectors in the strips are using 18/2 thermostat wire.

The three 5000K lights are connected together with a single 5-port wago style connector. The veg lights are connected with a 5-port wago style connector for each side, those two are connected with a 3-port wago style connector. The light will be connected to the drivers with 16/2 lamp wire through the workbench.

7 Likes

Can you say overkill? Everything comes into the Sonoff-POW from the extension cord, this way I can monitor all the power usage. That splits off to the two 4ch (one for each side) and the Sonoff for the exhaust fan. The Sonoff for the exhaust fan has a speed controller on it. It is connected to the fan along with both TH16. This way if either chamber is too hot, the TH16 will kick in the fan at full power. Otherwise, the fan will run at the speed set by the controller, currently all the way down. Each 4ch has a channel for the plugs inside the chamber, a channel for the TH16, a channel for the veg driver, and a channel for the flower driver. The intensity of the lighting is controlled by the Bluefish controller. I still need to solder the rest of the connections, but this will do for a bit while I test it out.

I finally decided on what to run next. I was torn between the Starfighter IBL and the Creme Brulee both by @LED_Seedz. After a conversation with PJ about how I grow primarily for hash/oil, he told me that his Creme Brulee was probably his biggest oil yielder (30%+). That sold me, so they dropped on 4/20. I forgot to drop all eight seeds, so the remaining two didn’t get a 24 hour soak in water first.

The Durban Poison are done at 11 weeks. The clone I got of the one on the left never re-vegged, so I only have a clone of the one on the right. That’s ok, as long as the smoke is good I prefer the bigger buds anyway.

The buds chopped and hanging, it’s a bit tight in there. Hoping for a nice slow dry, not easy to do in the desert.

I wasted no time on the reset. The Juanita la Lagrimosa clone was transplanted immediately after harvest. I’ll give her a few days to get her legs then start training her into the screen.

23 Likes

I second what your brother says @ReikoX your fixtures are always spot on. @G-paS said he wishes I was able to help. There’s nothing but you stopping you bro. Nicely executed automation too. What do you think of the pow so far. Is it any good for real time setting?

That Durban Poison looks :fire:

1 Like

I love the POW. The way I have it wired, I can turn off everything downstream and adjust the lights. It seems to be pretty accurate but does take a few minutes to level off after an adjustment. Only thing not automated is watering, and that only takes a few minutes every day or two.

2 Likes