ReikoX's Workshop

That sounds so good, can’t wait to see what they bring!

2 Likes

Me either. This is why we test them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Always loved reading about your workshop on the other forum, glad I found it here as well. Nice looking flowers.

5 Likes

So this is a first for me. I decided to use my whole harvest for hash. This wasn’t even dried, I simply cut the big fan leaves off and bucked the buds off the stem. I placed it in the freezer for about a week. From both Cherry Tart plants I got about 256 grams (wet) so roughly 50 grams dry.

After four washes, there wasn’t much left to remove. This is some of the stinkiest and stickiest hash I’ve ever made. I will definitely be doing this again!

31 Likes

Hey @ReikoX

Nice gooey goodness yum,yum. Great work mate, enjoy

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Oh man, that looks great! I haven’t done a hash run in at least a year, and now you got me wondering why not :wink:

4 Likes

Fearless. That’s how you roll. I already know that stuff is gonna be super potent. Does the cherry come through at all? Looks beautiful bro. I love your grows. Hopefully the new batch brings you sticky sticky! Have a good one.:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Not really. This plant when fresh smells slightly fruity, a bit astringent, and a bit skunky. As it cured it took on a more fermented fruit taste.

My buddy helped me. Hes never done hash before. He said it smelled like cucumbers…

7 Likes

Awesome color my man!!! So fresh frozen seems to keep the plant matter knocked down to a min? . what was used for agitation? by hand? still loving how clean it is nice work MrX. are you the gonna press blonde goo outta this? Or is this it’s final form?

3 Likes

I used 5-gallon washer for agitation. I tried using Matt Rize drying method. He let’s it dry for 24 hours, then grates (microplanes) it. Big mistake. The fresh frozen turned into a sticky ass mess. I froze it, and it helped, but still made a huge mess and wasted a lot. I tried the razor blade method with little luck.

The last two runs (the two smaller pieces in the picture) are just sitting in the fridge. I debated just putting them in alcohol and making a tincture.

It also got a lot darker. Dont tell me I need a freeze dryer now…

https://harvestright.com/product/home-freeze-dryer/?attribute_pa_attribute-size=attribute-size-small&attribute_pa_attribute-color=attribute-color-aqua&attribute_pa_attribute-pump=oil-pump

12 Likes

Got these Butter Cookies testers transplanted. My plan is to use the same water only mix I used last time, except watering with Blumats. I already mixed the soil and it’s been cooking.

A transplanted some more clones I have a pretty good selection for next round. I noticed some thrips damage on my mother plants, so I mixed up and sprayed some spinosad on everything except the flowering plants.

The 16oz. Cup girls are kicking ass. I topped off the resivoir and adjusted the pH down a bit.

This one here will likely be my entry. It’s the only one that I didnt have to flop or bend.

This one looks a lot like Juanita. I found it interesting that it started with wider leaves and now has thinner leaves.

28 Likes

I’ve been watching your Juanita cross for a little while now. Deffinitely a beauty. I hope those dumbass thrips leave you alone. I had to quick spray my SBRxAP1 and a SBRxDD1 friggin gnats jumped off after my a.c. started leaking. It’s been a 100° lol. It’s tough on a fat boy haha. Seriously you got it man. Let me know if you release that 1:1. Is that what Juanita is? Ive been wanting go add one to my collection. :blush: Have a good one bro. I finally have enough for some sol strips. Yay.

5 Likes

Doing a different, more expensive seed packaging. These break down as follows: $0.60 per pack of seeds, $0.13 for the card, $0.33 for the stickers, and $0.70 for the stamps ($1.30 outside the US).

Noticed some thrips damage on my mother plants last week. I sprayed with spinosad (Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew) last week. I hacked them back hard and sprayed again last night. That should take care of the issue.

The Butter Cookies testers (left) and clones (right) also got sprayed. The flowering plants didnt get anything, though I cant see any damage on them. For clones, I have three Zak Haze (front) going back to the dispensary where I got them. The rest are Skywalker OG and a lone Cherry Tart. Most likely I will put a few Skywalker OG clones in the no-till cab.

26 Likes

Looking good bro. I might grab some more to stock up. Damn right Reiko. Killing it. Is that a woozoo fan in the back. I love that lil thing. Super quiet. Skywalker og was awesome. Hopefully everything gets settled nice. Those thrips have been munching a bit of everything.

2 Likes

Someone on here mentioned thrips are also called “thunderbugs” because they tend to come indoors to avoid thunderstorms. When I typed "thunderbugs " in Google it took me to the Thrips Wikipedia page. It’s out monsoon season, so daily thunderstorms… coincidence?

8 Likes

That’s an awesome name for such a terrible affliction.

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago, my brother asked me if I still had my Zak Haze mother. I still have the mother and he asked me to take a few cuts for him. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I have some rooted clones in paper cups.

Last night my brother invites me over for Taco Tuesday and asks me to bring him the Zak Haze clones. Turns out the clones were not for him, but rather were for the dispensary, Organtica, that I got the clone from. He also invited over a friend who is a grower over there. I got chatting with him about Zak Haze and it turns out that Organtica had some issues with a grower and lost the genetics.

A lot of people will be happy to have this cultivar back. I am glad I have been able to hold it for them and return it in good health. Zak Haze is going home!

30 Likes

So I am getting new windows installed in my house. I have someone coming to measure the windows Thursday. Only problem is one of those windows in question is in the workshop. So, I went to Lowe’s and picked up five big totes. I moved all of my grow stuff in there (a lot of it was on the window sill) and put away all of my glass. I’ll simply turn everything off when he comes and turn it back on when he leaves. Luckily I don’t have much flowering, it shouldn’t be too stinky in there.

No growing or glass to see here…

The window in question, I think I’ll put the temperature controllers away, just to eliminate that.

My hash making stuff is just going to stay, but I should move that scale. I don’t think he will even notice.

18 Likes

Or he may notice and ask, “Dude, do you make fucking hash?”

Not to mention the stickers on your fridge…

5 Likes

MOVE THE PRESS>…it screams I GROW BUD!!!

2 Likes