ReikoX's Workshop

Where did you get the white pot with attached screen? Nice presentation bro! You’re like a Rastafarian McGiver!

2 Likes

Excellent!!! i have been wanting one of these!! how does it work. do you just put a piece of the leave in the little end part?

2 Likes

It’s a refractometer you put a couple drops of liquid on the glass under the cover like a microscope slide, then you hold it up to a light source. There is a scale that you can see from the eyepiece it displays a color line that crosses the scale

2 Likes

what kind of liquid?

1 Like

We had to check the amount of a sugar based coolant it gave us a percentage

1 Like

Water man it checks water

1 Like

yea, that still doesnt’ help. I will go to google and youtube

so, yea, its not water what you put in, you crush the leaf to remove the sap for the refractometer.

1 Like

You put the water here

Then flip down the cover

Then look through the eyepiece
There is a numerical scale , the amount of sugar present as a percentage shows on scale (sorry I can’t get a better scale photo)

4 Likes

Yes, you take a leaf and juice it with a garlic press. You put the juice on the tool to measure the sugar content. The sugar content of the plant juice is directly related to photosynthesis. Google high Brix gardening and you should get some useful links. I heard them talking about it on Hash Church last week along with sustainable farming and I ordered one to play with.

7 Likes

Us growers seem to have a lot of cool toys eh-what?

3 Likes

Yeah, now I need one of those PAR meter deals so I can measure them there micromoles and PPFD. :laughing:

4 Likes

Jilly Bean #2 Smoke Report
After a little over a week in the jar, the Jilly Bean girls are ready for their first smoke test. I rolled up a smaller size djoint for this test, about 0.3 grams. When breaking up the buds, I was greeted with the mandarin orange smell that I got from the stem rub. On the dry inhale, the flavor is sweet and pungent. Once lit, it was a bit more smokey flavor. It probably could use a little more cure time. The flavor stayed true through the whole joint and it stayed lit without having to be re-lit. The aftertaste was quite pleasant and had quite a bit of staying power. The high is pretty mellow at the beginning. About 30-40 minutes later came rolling waves of euphoria taking me higher and higher. After that it leveled off and was a nice daytime smoke. I definitely want to run this again and see if I can’t dial her a bit better. I’m sure she will shine without thrips. :joy:

The party cup girls were cut down. They are now dry and came in at 19 grams, that’s about 9-10 grams each. No complaints here. I’m doing another round. This time it will be from seeds of only this variety. I got 2/3 females in that lot and 0/3 of the other two varieties. I am hoping to get better M:F ratios next round.

Not a lot to see right now, just wanted to show the next round beginning. They are finally under light and should soon be on their way. The cups were dry this morning, so they got a bit of water. They are still trying to shed their shells, but most are above the perlite now.

11 Likes

Man, @ReikoX your operation is a real treat to watch along with. Got it dialed in. Very inspiring to switch up the norm. Keep it lit. Know you will.

4 Likes

I finally got around to filtering the cactus fruit and yucca ferments. I am reusing these 250ml nutrient bottles for easy dosing and storage.

After weeks of spraying with CS, I’m finally seeing some pollen sacks on this Crystal Candy. I hope she drops some pollen in time to pollinate the rest of these girls. I bought the stuff for STS next time, only spray once or twice with that.

My brother came over last night and we were trying to guess the sex of the plants. Our guess was that the two big ones were male and the smaller three females. Well, we started talking about Phylos and their gender test. So, I ordered up one and we will see how our guess was. So get your guesses in now, we will know soon! The only problem is the test is for four plants and I have five. I’m going to test the two on each side and either cull or clone then remove the one in the middle. This will allow me to throw the screen in there and start training them.

15 Likes

I love those canna bottles so easy to dose and use… I wanna use canna too… LOL

3 Likes

That was the Prickly Pear FFJ you have marked as cactus, correct?
Have been using it for both the aloe and current plant run.
Continuing that direction, when I thin my aloe for winter am going to do a ferment.

3 Likes

@MadScientist Canna bottles I still have a little Bio Flores, Bio Boost, and Rhizotonic that I’m finishing off. Using them for the bottles. I like them, easy to use and follow their schedule.

@HalfBee yes it is the prickly pear. I am tempted to taste some. My dog loved the little bit I spilled on the floor. Did you ferment prickly pears too, or other fruits?

6 Likes

I just want the bottles… LOL

2 Likes

I found many sources for these and slight variations by typing “tip and measure bottles” into my Google®-brand internet search machine. Looks like you can get Reiko’s sans cool caps for US$8.65 on Amazon.

Now I want one, but I’m already approaching hoarder territory with my plant toys :laughing:

5 Likes

For $8.65 it better come full of unicorn farts.

5 Likes