Relaxing strains with out the munchies

I’m interested in finding some strains that are potent, smelly and relaxing. However there is a caveat. As much as possible I’d like it to not cause munchies.

Maybe this doesn’t exist. I feel that ive had hybrids before that fit the bill. But I don’t remember what they were.

Basically I’m tryin to chill with out eating everything in my house all the time.

10 Likes

I’ll bump this cause I’d love to find the same. Munchies are gonna kill me before the weed does.

7 Likes

Pure Kush and Bubba chillax me without munchies.

I almost munchied myself sick with some Ice Pie a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

Maybe something with THCV in it.

6 Likes

I struggle with this myself from time to time depending on what I smoke. I have friends who I feel have their munchies well under control while smoking anything. Unfortunately sometimes I get a bad case of the munchies. That being said I was never one to mess with CBD cultivars in the past but a buddy brought me a good size bag of his CBDoc which is a 1:1. Every time I’ve consumed it I’ve not gone down the path of self destruction :laughing:. I will say the effects are quite a bit lighter than what I’m used to but I’d much rather feel good in both respects than to be completely lifted and have a bottle of Pepto Bismol on standby lol. So I’ve kind of been back and forth with his stuff as well as my own stash and curbed this pretty well. Also took it upon myself to pick up some more CBD dominant packs to grow out in hopes it has the same effect. :crossed_fingers:

Side note… I’ve also come to notice if I eat a decent satisfying meal before I smoke my desire to raid the cabinets/fridge is noticeably less!

Good luck my friend! If you find something worthy do share!

3 Likes

This is what I’m after right now. Every now and then, I like to get knocked on my ass, but relaxing, mixed cannabinoid strains are the most useful to me and more compatible with my busy life.

You’re welcome to follow along on my thread. I’m working on a Syrian/Lebanese cross that works for me. Also Syrian (RSC) is known to be high in THCV like @middleman suggested, which is supposed to be an appetite suppressant and have useful effects for diabetics.

8 Likes

Regardless of cultivar, you can decarb your cannabis “sous vide” at 100 C / 212 F for 1 hr 11 mins, take out half of the batch, then let the other half go on until 2 hr 22 mins.

Then eat an equal portion of both batches.

For me 1/3rd of a teaspoon of each batch seems to be the sweet spot for a clear headed and relaxed effect, without munchies, all day long when ingested just before breakfast and it improves sleep as well.

May you find this also to be the case with you. :+1:

Thanks for this excellent question!

Edit: for those people immune to eating decarbed cannabis, you can still smoke or vape decarbed bud.

4 Likes

It seems to me that having a more equal balance of all cannabinoids is more important than strain, all strains have more or less the same cannabinoids, just in different proportions, hence the different effects of each plant and cultivar.

Decarbing in two batches for different lengths of time and then combining them again makes the levels of all cannabinoids more equal, providing a more balanced effect.

Sometimes I can do this with only one cultivar, and at other times I decarb a sativa leaning strain for 1 hr 11 mins and then an indica leaning strain for 2 hrs 22 mins (100 C / 212 F).

So this method opens up an enormous potential for mixing and matching to find out what works best for you. But I have found that it all does work for me and I keep mixing all cultivars, sativa and indica alike, but never more than two different plants, so there’s that.

My search is over. :slight_smile:

For those wondering about longer decarb times:

I have some leftover BOG Sour Blutooth decarbed for 3 hrs at 100 C / 212 F but it’s insanely heavy and sedative in an uncomfortable way for me, even when combined with a different cultivar decarbed for 1 hr 11 min.

3 Likes

Smoke and lock the fridge :+1:

5 Likes

CBD is everywhere, but somehow still underrated. always gotta have some around, good for so many things. munchie-killing is a big one of those!

celery sticks. no, not a joke. have a bunch of 'em ready to go in water in the fridge.

they’re a two-way killer, since they’re basically crunchy water, they satiate you that way…

plus, all the chewing makes you feel full as well. (or at least take the ragged edge off)

planning ahead, and having some not-trash teed up helps a lot, lest you risk grabbing some readily-accessible junk food. :+1:

4 Likes

I tell my wife to not get junk food because I’m ok if it’s not in the house, but if there’s a bag of candy, ill take one piece every 30-60 mins and then before I know it, 2-3 days goes by and the entire bag is gone.

I’ve heard brushing your teeth helps curb the munchies, but that just seems like grown up shit. I wanna eat my candy and fall asleep on the couch like the man child I am.

5 Likes

There aren’t any chill Sativa dominants without munchies?

1 Like

I got the same freaking problem, big time! After the evening toke, I most likely fall asleep on the couch and when I wake up in the middle of the night I raid the fridge, make a mess like a two year old fixing his own food for the first time and in the morning bathe in the shame that my wife’s look gives me. :sweat_smile:
However, what I found is that CBD tends to eliminate this effect. I have tested this with several 1:1 strains (cbd skunk haze, cbd kush, nepal gold cbd, warlock cbd)
I also got an interesting F1 of (Nepal cbd x chitrali) x cbd kush in germination. All strains include a tendency to cbd, though the afghan had a variety of phenotypes (open pollination landrace) and they all carry different ratios. So the F1 and especial the F2 wil be interesting.

Anybody up to lend a hand to achieve the broadest possible population?

2 Likes

Maybe something like blue dream based ?

1 Like

That’s interesting, I don’t have any CBD crosses but I’m not opposed to giving some 1:1s a try. Especially if like you say it helps munchies.

It’s really not something that’s easily suggested. Everyone’s body reacts differently with cannabis strains. I just don’t keep junk food in the house. Try only using right after you eat a good meal. I also, if I get the munchies and I do, eat a bowl of oatmeal its filling and nutritious. Keep healthy munchies in the house.

Munchies are a sign of mineral depletion in the body. Start taking Vitamin B complex capsules. It will eliminate the munchies while smoking.

3 Likes

I think munchies is simply your body needing more glucose to fuel the extra brain activity.

I’m sceptical, but it can’t hurt to try. If it works that’d be great. Now I’ll just need to remember to pick some up.