Relief from an infected tooth

Had what I thought was a small cavity, was gonna get it checked next week when I’m back on day shift. Well it snapped in half a few days ago and is now very infected. Short of just bucking up and pulling it myself what can I do to at least dull the pain a bit to sleep?

11 Likes

May sound stupid but rinse your mouth with vodka hold a mouth full for as long as you can stand it. Also if you have any shader or hash pack the hole full of it after the vodka rinse.

Also if you have any antibiotics like cephlex along with Advil works well .

10 Likes

If you have health food store near you get some clove oil put a couple drops directly on tooth wont help infection but best thing i have found for toothache.

10 Likes

I have always washed the damn thing out with listerine in the past. And advil/ibuprofen although clove oil does provide a bit of relief.

Full strength but make it tepid water rinse after.

5 Likes

Thats right. I recommend tee tree oil. Taste like shit but it’ll work.

5 Likes

Warm water and salt will take care of the abscess along with very hot compresses.
Just went thru this myself do this, do not fuck around.
Dentist said I did an excellent job and look around for some 500 amoxocillin.
Do not use ibuprofen its mainly for joints and bones use Tylenol instead, xtra strength.
Drink coffee also its a pain killer.
Google it if you have any doubt, thought I was the only that procrastinated like that.
Don’t fuck around with it.

17 Likes

Lol my recommend is usually oregano oil. Strong stuff.

11 Likes

Thanks for the replies fellas. I’ve done the Listerine thing, followed by clove oil. Tried smoking a fatty but just trying to pull on the joint hurts like a bastard. Found 2 875mg amoxicillin and took one of them, if that starts knocking it back up be on the phone with the teledoc to get more. If I knew the dosages I’ve got injection penicillin for cattle which is the same as the human version just cheaper and available at tractor supply lol. Half tempted to get a cc of that and shoot it straight in my gum.

9 Likes

if there is anything in it it will inflame. With mine if there was any food in the hole it would drive me crazy. I brushed it to keep it clean and flossed around the base.

The listerine will kill the infection…but it won’t do it in one try. or one day

5 Likes

Yeah i hear you about infections in teeth i had all mine pulled and my plood presdure got regular but as far as killing the pain ever heard of ummm shall i say it…coke and im not talking the drinking kind

9 Likes

Anbesol, otc, does work to mask the pain but it’s fairly short lived and you have to keep reapplying it. Maybe enough to get you through until you can get to the dentist’s office.

I don’t know if I’d pack the tooth but you can also buy temporary filling material that can help a bit too.

I’ve done both under a similar situation.

5 Likes

no sugar. it will not go well.

5 Likes

My boyfriend has an abscess rn try gargling with apple cider vinegar and or hydrogen peroxide its helped relieve the pain a lil bit, hes on the strongest antibiotic they have went the dentist last monday still in agony hope u get some relief soon tooth pain is the worst

8 Likes

Yep no sugar in nothing

5 Likes

35 %food grade poroxide is what you need 8 drops in a cup of water swish it as needed it will kill that infection been down that road nearest dentist is 200 miles for me one way so you have to have good homestead remedy good luck

9 Likes

just to say, an infection in your mouth is dangerous, more so then most realize. Get to a good dentist asap.

13 Likes

What worked for me was listerine and clove oil. I’ve got a tooth that did the same thing about 2 months back. 1-2 weeks of rinsing with the listerine (i used the blue, but have heard the original works better) then dab with the clove oil took care of it

4 Likes

Toothaches are rough. Interestingly enough, the locals in Malawi use leaves of Malawi gold to stop a toothache. They chew on them( fresh leaves). I don’t know if there is something special in the Malawi landrace, or if they have figured out yet another use for this special plant that all strains have… Perhaps you have something you could try?( Of course, all the other suggestions have been proven already)good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

7 Likes

Alright this may sound crazy but my granny used to swear by it. If you have an abscessed tooth you take a hot piece of toast smear with butter and pour alot of pepper on it. And put it on your face. Hold there till toast gets cold repeat till absess pops then rinse. When you get done laughing try it it really works.

6 Likes

Almost like a drawing salves huh? Interesting

5 Likes