Remember when homegrown was a bad thing?

My first homegrown was actually great I just chopped down way too early…grown outside in Oak Park, IL.

2 Likes

Born in '49 and grew up on gramps farm where he grew/smoked/sold till the day he died at 92 in '68…started learning to grow alongside him in the '50 and was harvesting by 8 and trimming by the ripe old age of 10. ‘homegrown’ was all I knew! Then stuff like Panama Red, Acapulco Gold and such came around in the 60s :joy: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

Homegrown was amazing compared to what else was available way back when.

One of the first strains I grew came from bagseed of something substandard and with the right amount of love she was a delicious frosty completely different plant.

I still have non digital pictures somewhere in a box…

Of course I remember guys selling homegrown that was so spindly it looked like pine boughs. Hard pass.

2 Likes

Home grown for me was always poorly harvested immature sativa that gave us the willies and made you cough like crazy.
Then along came afghan…about ,1977… Everything changed after that.

1 Like

Last grow Nirvana seeds Papaya finished the cure

Homegrown … I’m finally growing…again (haven’t grown since high school 2005)…and cant even smoke it lololol but I just love this plant and one day I’ll be rolling one up again no doubt, also I hardly knew where any of the bud I smoked was grown but had a bit of a better selection than most l. We were getting trainwreck, hashplant, white widow and all the greats when I was coming up…maybe that’s why I cant remember where my keys are half the time :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

The first cannabis experience in my life was from an old mellow biker that used to grow the old skunk #1!!! I was spoiled at a young age knowing and hanging out with older people. They all grew and grew well. I’ve absolutely drove far to get the old compressed Mexican outdoor stuff for cheaper than a tank of gas right now, but mostly always had the best in the area, and paid $75 a quarter oz for it back in the 90’s. It was well worth it also

1 Like

The internet has been a game changer in home growers getting better at it. Same goes for lots of things though.

1 Like

Homegrown was always better than “mersh” or commercial brick weed.

1 Like