Resinous male’s

So I came into a resinous male some 19 years ago and thought it was a Fluke. As I had flowered many non resinous one’s up to this point. In 2017 I came into another one this time a Blueberry resinous male. I went online & searched for blueberry resinous male and DJ Short popped up with some literature on this phenomenon. I took it in stride. I came into my next a year later in a Mimosa breath x Orange apricot Mac resinous male. I had already been breeding the Blueberry one. All it’s offspring had resinous male’s as well. A dominant trait. I had given some beans away and they found a resinous male in it. A Maui Waui x Slurricane 7. I have a special place for these breed’s in my seed catalog. Which isn’t for sale. I breed for myself. In order to gift them to folk I pick out. Since 2016 I gifted beans to over a 1000 strangers. Yep even these crosses using resinous male’s.

14 Likes

Are you smoking the males?

5 Likes

I remember reading an article in the 90’s about these types of males being left in with the, swaz, schawg, mexi brick weed, back in the 50’s-70’s, there were non resinous ones as well, but they left these in the fields as most of them were producing a mild form of trich’s. I know these were only a 3-6% concentration of thc so very low in the first place. But I remember them talking about how they mixed it all as it didnt matter as the males were producing enough that pulling them would have had a major impact on harvest weight. Can’t remember if it was high times or a grass city forum.

5 Likes

Usually excellent breeding stock.

4 Likes

I’m just now finding my first resinous male. It had trichomes 3 weeks into veg. I could only see it under magnification, but everything else only had white hairs at that point

2 Likes

Awesome topic @einsteingenetics, I’m curious as to the stage of development and type of trichomes that are being observed. Is anyone seeing the capitate stalked type of trichomes on their males? Are any of them seen reaching maturity and showing observable color changes from clear to milky and amber? Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

I’m only seeing heads with no stalks. It seemed like there was more trich than green when I used the magnifier. Sorry I can’t get pictures through it, I only have a small lens. I only saw cloudy on mine all the way through

2 Likes

1st pic is a resinous male, second picture is the offspring he produces.

8 Likes