Resurrection

Gday #OG !

Been almost two decades, but I have returned. Don’t see too many familiar handles on the board but I’m sure some of you remain.

I haven’t grown indoors since early 2000s.

This is my first crack at it since Canadian Prohibition 2.0

480watt Monsterboard 3000k led light
10gal coco/perlite 70/30 mix
Advanced Nutrients Grow/Micro/Bloom will be fed to the 5 Sugarbreath and 1 Sweeties girls.

27 Likes

And two decades later you start with coco? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull Tough guy! :sweat_smile: Looks like a good start, you will need sooner or later some plastic trays below those pots. Welcome back and good luck with your grow, I’ll be following it … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Aye George, I plan to lay poly on the floor and up the baseboards, and trays under the pots aswell. I sort of put the room together over the last couple days and picked up my cuttings late last night :crescent_moon: . I’ve only ever grown ebb&flow tables indoors. A lot has changed since I stepped away and I want to embrace everything i dont know. I thought coco would be an easy way to get me growing and dial in some parts of my setup before I decide what to build from here.

7 Likes

Climate Control roughed in.

12 Likes

Nice clean set up : )
You like big pots right from the start ?

1 Like

Whole new concept for me growing in pots indoors, I was thinking since I’m hand watering i can just water as needed . Not sure I understand the use in transplanting from smaller pots with this small size a grow. Input welcome =D

1 Like

I think it gives you more control over watering and feedin etc and things are easier to correct also : )

4 Likes

Welcome back! I was on the old OG for the last few years before the shut down. It’s a whole new world with growing now! I just got back in after 12-15 years, a ton a changed fir sure, but at the end, it’s still the same gardening basics.

1 Like

Well, I can’t remember if it was ifish who said that your plant size and structure is equivalent to your root mass, so it is important to have a good root structure.

I always look for the roots to fill the pot prior to transplanting it. I start with these ones, it is easier to see when they need a bigger pot and you can stick them directly in soil:

I will transplant it to 1 gallon fabric pot (roots are air pruned and they are much easier to up pot) and then to 3 gallon before flipping.

I think starting with bigger pots is just for autos so they don’t stress while transplanting them, with big pots the root will go down searching for water, no horizontal grow.

I water in circles around and ahead the stem so they roots grow horizontally looking for humidity, in soil it is easier as it’s been said, coco is tricky, that’s why i wished you good luck … :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hey @FreedomFleur! Welcome to Over Grow 2.0!
That sounds like an Ottawa Valley G’day to me brother!

Looks like you are off to a great start! I’ll pull up a chair for the show.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

4 Likes

Still waiting on my trays from Amazon, decided to build a sub floor and an automated watering system. Building the diy hydro halos today. Been working on a little training and stretching program with the ladies.
Be back soon

10 Likes

Now that’s thinking out side the box! :+1:
I’ll bet the designer of those couplings never considered an application like that.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Looking great so far, try next time with one gallon root pouches from the beginning and you will avoid that root mess … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I like that watering system! Looking good!

2 Likes

7 Likes