Reveg in flower will it cause bud death?

So I have 2 girls that started reveg while deep into flower wondering how I need to proceed. The strain is super glue in soil. Viparspectra 1000w one is week 11 of flower or 13 weeks since flip the other week 9 or 11 weeks since the flip. Do I need to watch for bud death? Will it just take back over at the same flower point? What do I need to watch out for to know if I need to emergency harvest. Thanks or anything else you can think of that might be. A concern.
I’ll post pics in reply got to move folders

1 Like

2 Likes

How long have they been revegging? What caused the change? Light cycle off, light leaks?

1 Like

It takes a while before the buds start dying off from a re-veg, at least a month or more. If it’s been less than that and you revert back to flower the buds will likely be ok.

Watch out for herms or nanners though.

5 Likes

Power outage caused night and day to flip almost exactly. Didn’t catch for 5 days so just left it

So Ike 6 weeks ago my power went out for about 12 hrs so it completely switched my light/dark time. I was gone for five days so didn’t notice to power outage so I left plants on that schedule that would habeen wk4 and 6 of flower

If the power was off, I assume you had 24 hours of dark and then just progressed back to 12/12? If so, that shouldn’t cause a re-veg. Long flowering time, dark claw leaves - can’t see it all, but maybe nitrogen overload? Just thinking out loud, good luck.

2 Likes

Ok so like I said the 12/12 cycle flipped from light out being 9:30pm to lights on at 9:30pm. I was gone for 5 days so didn’t notice and so I didn’t switch back. So it wasn’t any gradual reset. That was 6 weeks ago. It isn’t nitrogen toxicity. pH runoff is 6.3 pH and tds 1200 so that is squared away. It’s daylight and night hours completely switched 6 weeks ago and was never changed back. So yes definitely reveg especially with knew growth coming from buds, single finger smooth edged leaves, round smooth single leaves, and new growth on top of buds new leaf growth. So yes to reveg and no to toc

24hr dark won’t cause reveg
So it’s deffo not that , plants won’t know day is now night , night is now day , they will have just stalled for 12 hours and be back to normal , they won’t have realised the change in timings , it’s only you that knows
It takes extra light hours to reveg not extra dark
Are you sure timer isn’t broke and they getting 24 hour light ( if it is reveg signs showing )

2 Likes

Yes positive. It isn’t battery powered it is powered by outlet. I confirmed power outage and lights have been the exact same on/off time since

The plants in the background are showing clawing in the leaves as well, are you sure you’re not hitting the nitrogen too hard?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about 1 day. 5 days…I would worry.

1 Like

Super glue? Like super skunk × GG?
Looks like maybe the time change might of took your temps higher if you were running the lights 930am-930pm without realizing it.
Without the rest of the tips curling as badly i would not say the problem is extra N. Its been 5 weeks since the power outage? Things should of got back to normal by now. The foxtailing thing with the curled leafs can give it a revegging look. But they look like they had a bit of stress is all. I would keep the schedule the same and harvest once those hairs are turning red.

Have you grown in this space before?
1200 ppm is pretty high, depending on how often you feed and your media.
Did you change nutrients or increase ppm drastically at any point during flower?

Consensus (and years of experience) indicates your extra 12 hours of dark didn’t cause them to re-veg. I also have personal experience of late flower plants looking like that when they accidentally got hit with nitrogen spikes. It delays flowering and pushes weird leaves. You are 90+ days since flip on what looks like an Indica dominant plant and everything is dark green and clawing.

Regardless, it’s surely not normal so hope you get it figured!

2 Likes

Thanks it wasn’t extra light time it was the entire day/night cycle switched and I never switched it back. Idk these were supposed to be autos and they weren’t and came from a forum through a third party so questionable at best what’s going on there but could it be genetic maybe. Yes harvested from same tent then put these girls in. No new Nute treatment running same ppm as bb#3 and gg#4 but they were hungry. Fft feeding schedule. Also found a small light leak this morning just before lights off maybe just maybe. Thanks all for help

i believe it’s all about poor genetics, not a high-quality plant. I agree that 24 hours dark can’t cause revegging.

hi there, I guess she was just starting to reveg. just get her back to 12/12 and go easy on the feeding as mentioned. good luck!

I think there was some nitrogen toxicity when I flushed it started growing properly after about a week so thanks all. Thanks

2 Likes