Revegging (Monster Cropping)

When you take a clone from a flowering cannabis plant and revert it to vegetative stage, you end up with an extremely bushy plant with profuse branching and tons of nodes. It is possible to use this phenomenon to your advantage to create plants with lots of heads, giving you great yields… These words made me curious…

Inspiration: http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/monster-cropping/

Clone from blooming plant (about 20days of bloom). It takes cca 14 days until rooted.

Three day 24/0, then 18/6… After a week I removed the bud and next two weeks stagnated.

And now… slowly again begin to grow, but…

But that was expected … it takes some time to compare. Well see how to grow… see ya next time

14 Likes

putting the plant back to veg is time consuming and the plant has nothing superior to a regular plant, so side by side given the same time period, the regular must yield more due to faster production

2 Likes

Yeah, I was convinced about it. But I have nothing care of ratios time/yield, etc.

I do not expect anything “extra”, just likes to experiment. I mean…this technique can save interesting genetics if lost motherplant and others is blooming.

The question is … is possible continue to work with this “tortured” plant?

4 Likes

I got spooked one night and buried my gear. After a few days I settled down a bit. I dug up my gear and started to reveg my work. It took 30 days for the plant to start going agin.

So it is useful information. The more N the better.

6 Likes

I agree it is very useful technique when saving genetics… What about renaming this topic to “Revegging” rather than Monster Cropping? :slight_smile:

As it has been already said, it is a lot of stress for plant and it takes a long time, so I doubt it would lead to increasing yields (at least when time is taken into account)… but you’ll see.

There are photos from Spice of Life of rejuvenation here in forum:

(you need to scroll down little bit)

6 Likes

Thanks Joe, Im glad to Im not alone with this opinion. I still learning how to grow. But i like experiments. Later will add more information on this topic and reporot how to continue my attempt.

oh yes, i saved a plant once by revegging the entire flowering chamber after harvest, i only left a small bud at the bottom of every plant with as many leaves as i can, a couple of plants never made it, but i got a bunch of clones out of it. That year my mother plant was in soil and something happened when the weather got so hot that the mother plant collapsed overnight. everything that was in hydro remained alive, the soil and heat suffocated the plant. Anyway, it was very useful to reveg.

3 Likes

I dont have good results from trying to reverse a plant from bloom. I’ve tried over the years… Picking the flower off helps to reveg but it doesn’t always mean a positive result.

Its more or less a theory of mine that when an annual goes to flower and the hormones and signals are released it really changes the structure of the plant. I get leaf deformity, terrible vegging when trying to force reveg… Flowering triggers senescence, where as keeping it in perpetual veg it does not trigger senescence.

I know I’ve had problems trying to keep males for pollen after trying to clone them when they flower. No matter what I do I cant clone them. And I eventually loose the plant.

I’ve had some new techniques I’ve learned lately I could put some of the newest growth in tissue culture, It could return it to a state prior to flowering for easy reveg.

Just a theory anyways.

4 Likes

I’ve done it once when my pump died and I lose all my clones. I ended up just throwing a flowering cut into the aero-cloner and then revegging that once it was rooted. Took an extra month but it works. I personally consider it the idiots solution. Like I was an idiot to trust my pump wouldn’t go.

3 Likes

Hi dude!

cool idea and thanks for sharing this! :slight_smile:

Just two things I would like to say :slight_smile: in my opinion you will prove, you right . Second - you should cut it sooner. Its even logical - you are spending too much time for something, you know, you will throw away. Thats just my opinion - I am not offensive at all, ok bro :slight_smile: I mean, when you will see preflowers (or you will see them for a few days), its just about time to switch it back to 18/6 or 24/0… That proces you need (blooming) is started and it will takes another like 2-6 days before plants will be turned back to growing (I mean, you will see, preflower are “dying” and then they will just dissapear). Less time, less stress. Some of guys dont have even chance to keep mothers, so they can do the same with with clones, which they bought…and especially for them: if they will wait 20 days of flowering - it will kill them :smiley: But yea, I appreciate this topic, thank you for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not about super-cropping so please rename if possible. I used to re-vege my plant as my mother plant two times but in both cases the grow pattern and leaf deformities shown. And the clones from this plants was weak and with little vigor. The yield from them was never impressive. I think that some hormonal situation started with the blooming is not fully reversible…I´m sure the spice of life profs. know more:sunglasses:

1 Like

The Toplc is about Monster Cropping. I guess someone named it this because of the crazy looking reveg it makes. I too believed it meant Supper Cropping at first.

1 Like

I’ve also got some experience with flowering cuts in aero-cloner and it takes reeeally long time to get them rooted.

###Flowering Clones / Monster Cropping :book:
Uses heavy branching that is produced by turning flowering clone into vegetation phase through revegging process (by putting it into 18/6 or 24/0 light scheme) to increase yield. It is one of Low Stress Training (LST) techniques.

It can be also used as a means to create clones repeatedly without need for keeping a mother plant.

I still wonder if anybody really uses this technique to increase yields… I’ve always considered it as a way to “resurrect” genetics in case of backup. It takes so much time, results are far from 100% success and there is so much stress for the plant I still wonder if the technique is really good…

Of course we can discuss that stress makes the plant use all available resources and sometimes heat stress were reported to increase resin production, but my strategy always was “everything best for the plant”.

I think the title of the topic is correct. This Monster Cropping technique is also known as Flowering Clones (aka Revegging). Not to be confused with Super Cropping (bending branches) which is whole another story.

Due to better timing, it is also IMHO much easier to take clones just before switching plants into flower because they have enough time to grow in size and by the time flowering plants are harvested, new clones are ready as grown up bushes ready for straight 12/12 switch.

6 Likes

I am sorry! I use to call it revegging.

Very nice photo of Monster Cropping was provided to me by friend (thx - karlos120 :thumbsup: )

Cut was taken 30 days into flower. He’ll update me once it grows up little…

8 Likes

would you recommend cloning from a flowering plant or trying to reveg the harvested plant??

i guess i’ll take cuts right now and if they don’t root and revert by harvest i’ll reveg the plant. going to read thru this thread to see if there’s tips for improving success. thanks!

1 Like

I’ve done that only few times so I don’t infer anything. It seems that reveging harvested plant is little bit faster and IMHO it can be because it is less stress and work for it than for the clone to make new roots + switch back to veg.

3 Likes

Is there any loss of vigor to the clone? My clones are revegging after being in flower for a few weeks. I’m worried about loss of vigor though.

What has been everyone’s experience with this?

2 Likes

I never had loss in vigor in clones n took em in fliwer. Ive taken clones last minute to save a plant 6-7 weeks in flower. I rooted em under 24hr light n they revegged while rooting. 2-3 weeks theyll start new growth.

5 Likes

This is a reveg project i have going. I want clones but her clones wont root. So far. Ill get em rooted. She was fully flowered out n harvested. Then brought back.
Monstercropping is more training tech not cloning. Monstercrop is basically what i did by chopping all the cola branches n stripping the plant. Forcing ridiculous branching.
Now the question will the ten million little branches support anything. Time will tell.

That was before chopping her.
Here she is revegged fully and in twice the soil. Im gonna clean up scrog out n reflower her n see how it plays out.

20 Likes