Revegging pain in the ass

Any one here ever have a clone that’s being an asshole that won’t go back to veg.I have this cut that’s almost a month old that started to flower with the other cut I took.This one has tricomes popping up and hairs that won’t go back down.How long does it take to get them back into reveg am I being to impatient or do I just have to wait?Ive had them on 24 hour light for 5 days now.

8 Likes

The plant I took them off was a clone I put outside that got huge I took two cuts off the bottom.The plant went into flower almost 2 weeks after I got the cut put in a solo cup

1 Like

I’ve had them take weeks, be patient it all depends how far down the rabbit hole they ventured first. It will happen I find it tends to stall them for at least a week before they even begin to change, except for a few super clone varieties I’ve had most take a considerable amount longer. Hope that helps

7 Likes

No that’s awesome I don’t feel as skittish now.I’m starting to find out now that 20% of this growing gig is just plain waiting.The other clone has hairs on it some baby trics here and there but didn’t go as far as this one I figured they would have been at the same rate of flower if they were trying to flip.My gut is telling me that the one that is flowering as less is a better back up plan contingency as to which one will take a reveg better.

2 Likes

Do u guys have any experience taking a cutting from a flowering plant that is about to be harvested. If so any tips

1 Like

I’ve had plants take a damn month.

It all depends how far into flower you pull them.

1 Like

Best bet is not to take a cutting, but to try and re-veg the stump. Make sure to leave some nodes behind on the stump when you harvest.

3 Likes

Thanks, that was not on my mind, maybe I will take both an be very patient.

The only reason why I took the cut was because I listened to a DJ short grow seminar and he talks about putting your mothers out as early as you can and digging a hole and putting them back into the ground.Let them get big in veg and take cuttings and start your mother all over again.He says that the cutting reconnects back to the earth and remains more vigorous to put out better cuts to stray away from pathogenic virus problems and any type of genetic drift.That’s why he disbelieves that taking a cut of a cut of a cut if done right causes genetic drifts he has a cut of his Flo he smokes every morning that’s been going 30 plus years.This makes more sense to me.Kevin Jodrey also talks about how artificial light caused the clones to fail and I think reintroduce them to real sunlight makes a big difference.Those two outdoor cuttings are growing twice the rate of my other cuts done from my indoor mothers and look more vibrant and healthy too.Just some food for thought

4 Likes

The stump bottom branch has a bud I seeded I don’t think this will work out for me

Prolly more like 90%. We have a phrase - LITFA - Leave It The Fuck Alone. It’s good advice.

:peace_symbol: :sun_with_face:
:rainbow: :seedling:

7 Likes

Yes, it happens sometimes but in the end it’s well worth it…I’m revegging Vietnam Thunder Fuck right now.

Why not take cuts before flower?

I did I just didn’t catch it in time.I now know shit flowers the third week of august in my zone.Cut was taken on the 16th of august and she was getting ready for flower just didn’t show yet.

Can you get Alaskan thunder fuck in seed or is that a clone only strain?The one I got now is a clone only and I wish I had my Texada in seed form.They said jordan of the islands made a version of it but it’s not the same as the one I have it’s a local cut from Texada island

I just took cuts from my flowering plants, they were at about 2weeks into flower, am still waiting for them to root it’s been 2weeks since taking the cuts, they are still standing, I’ve read
It can take longer for cuts taken in flower, of course it all depends on environment, and the health of the plant. Hoping they root n reveg just patiently playing the waiting game

I have good roots on the cuts they were rooted for almost two weeks the bam hairs and tricomes popping up

Yeah I’ve had some reveg really fast and then there’s one that took over 70 days. She just did not want to do it but after 60+ days she started to grow new leaves from calyxes.

Low light levels will help, I use t8s a foot away
24hrs cycle
Once rooted, do not overwater
A light kelp foliar to up N slightly is good

There’s more but I can’t remember right now :floppy_disk:

1 Like

24 hrs light, you’re stressing the fuck out of it.
If you want a baby to grow, be gentle.
18 hrs max. I’d even reduce it to 13.
Great growth also happens in darkness.
It’s a matter of balance.

2 Likes

Alaskan Thunder Fuck comes in seed form…its not the same as Matanuska Thunder Fuck…

1 Like