Rhai88 & Rena93's Cultivation Station

In at 11, thanks @Rhai88 . Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: Good luck all.

7 Likes

Not a problem man… feel free to ask if you have any questions! Lot’s of helpful folks here!

May the odds be in your favor dude… :crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

I will do just that…
download (11)

5 Likes

And we have our winners…

@Rhino_buddy and @BarefootAndBlazed

congrats.
please send me your details.

13 Likes

Congratulations @Rhino_buddy and @BarefootAndBlazed!

4 Likes

Congrats @Rhino_buddy and @BarefootAndBlazed, that is one sweet holo

5 Likes

WooHoo!!! Sweet! I can’t believe I won. Thanks for your generosity. I’ll get my info to you…

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winners. So close :pinching_hand:

6 Likes

Wow!!! 🫶

Thanks for the awesome giveaway @Rhai88 !

I don’t know if I’ll be able to pull the backer off ever. I’ll probably temporarily tape it around until I find the right place.

Keep up the impeccable designs.
:green_heart::seedling:

8 Likes

Mail call…

@NugLifeFarms420 @Hammerheadlake

Everything has landed safely… much obliged gents!

@potpotpot as soon as the project is underway you’ll be the first to know and first to get some seeds from the run. Thanks again man I really appreciate it! Hope your sticker lands soon!

11 Likes

Hooray! Happy they landed! I’ll be keeping an eye out for the action. :+1:

3 Likes

Got my sticker today. It looks better in person. :+1:

8 Likes

Very nice glad it got there safe. Got a good spot for it?

3 Likes

So right now I have the opportunity to help out a friend. He just bought his 1st home and is wanting to set up one of his rooms as a grow room. I want to help him out with this and I already have what I would consider a great build in mind.

That being said I know a many of you have extensive knowledge and experience. I’d like to see how you would setup this room and pick ideas out of yours! please feel free to get as detailed as you’d like. From lights all the way down to medium and ph pens. details are as follows.

1. The room he is working with is 10x12ft(room also has a closet in it.)

2. Budget max is $5000 but I’m sure he’d love to come in cheaper. :money_mouth_face:

3. We will be using tents so no construction.

4. Above are the only real parameters to follow. Otherwise show me your build!

3 Likes

Definitely at least 2 tents- one for veg one for flowering or for 2 full grows to be able to flower one while vegging the other…
Use the closet as a seedling/cloning station by putting in a shelf/table at about waist level with a light of its own… storage for nutes, soil, watering stuff can be tucked under the shelf.
Lights- We use HPS with cool-tube vented hoods-- but also like our tent with LED lights-- matter of preference.
I like clamp fans for air circulation in the tents and closet-- and vortex fans to vent the heat out from the lights… Where to vent TO is the challenge…some vent into their homes ducting… some board-up a window an vent out that way-- others cut into the ceiling and vent into the attic-- IF they have one!
When it comes to soil/nutes/hydro- that is all a matter of preference… I like mixing organics into the soil so al you have to do is water, use occasional supplements, and top-dress in bloom. We use Either ProMix or Sunshine mix #4 for soil, and either Papa’s Perfect Poop or Espoma flower tone mixed into the soil- and ROOT’s organics terpene teas…
If not into organics, I also like Fox farms for nutrients- or Ionics.
Hydro can be done on the cheap with 5-gallon buckets, planter lids, aquarium pumps and air stones…I’ve done 6 buckets for around $80. Again-- so many nutes- all about preferences and availability. And when it comes o Meters…I like Blue Labs… especially their truncheons-- pricy-but last forever if you take care of them.
Others can give you better info on a lot of the nutrients and equipment- but this is a good ‘on the cheap’ starter… :blush:

4 Likes

My suggestion to you(well your friend) is to have it wired probably. An individual breaker or a dedicated breaker for that room alone. Do the math and know your limitations. Remember that most equipment could be running all the time or for most of every day. On a 120 volt system a standard 15 amp breaker can provide 1800 watts. But conticontinuous use should never exceed 80% of that load. Remember, safety first!
I also suggest that using the vent work for the central heating to his advantage in the grow room through the winter months. So plan that also.
I have and old house that is wired extremely weird. So I’ve done circuit tests and mapped everything in my room, aswell as the entire house. Luckily it does have 20 amp breakers, or I would not be able to run my high wattage lights for continuous cycles in the grow room.
Overall, plan for more than you need. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! Right? :smiley:

I’m super jealous btw, lol. I can’t wait to remodel my house.

3 Likes

I would vent out the window, using leds would cut the demand down on the electrical circuit, also a good enviromental control to automate the grow and make things easier… I 5x5 flower tent and a 2x4 veg tent, use the closet for cloning and storage.
I would totally go with the octopts for grow system. Clip vans and vortex fans for air movement.
What kind of flooring is in the room? If carpet you are going to want to remove it or cover with yoga mat type covering.
How high are the ceilings? If he has high ceilings you can go with a gorilla tent with risers…

2 Likes

I think this is the rout we are going to go for him. It makes the most sense in my mind. But the rout to go with tent sizes is what I’m trying to figure out. I know my 5x5 flowering tent seems small when I’m flowering multiple 4-5ft plants lol

I agree with this 100%. This is the reason I made sure I split my garage up into 4- 20 amp circuits. wanted to be able to have options once I’m in there and no longer in the house. I hope that this bedroom he is going into will be on a 20amp breaker because it should be able to house at least a 600w flower light + a veg light and all his normal electrical equipment.

Dude this is a good question… I didn’t even think to ask. My house is completely tile but I know a lot of places do carpet in the bedroom. Not sure on ceiling height either. All good questions I’ll have to get asked. I like the idea of using the closet for cloning. I will probably utilize it for this purpose as well as some storage. good call.

1 Like

Just for reference of weather this is a desert build correct. In a place that doesn’t have harsh winters but brutal summers so heat might be an issue. Just wanted to get a frame of reference for people It might change their suggestions.idk my .02. not enough experience to help much more. Good luck planning a dedicated grow room in a new house is definitely the way to go to get it right the first time. Instead of piece mealing it together like most probably do! Hope you enjoy the build.

1 Like

Good

Gooder

Thanks for the sticker! :+1:

4 Likes