Rhai88's Ongoing Grow

Hello OG guys and gals…

Been a while in the making but I decided its time to post and to be a part of this community that has been very inviting and informative!

Long backstory short I started growing on Jan 1st of 2021 after AZ went legal. Kind of my New years resolution to cultivate my own and ditch the dispos. I originally started like I know quite a few of us have, on youtube, trying to figure out what looked the most accomplishable. I ended up going with dry amendments in coco and it worked fairly well. I stuck with it for a full year with the same strain from @greenpointseeds “periwinkle pie”. Loved it so much it made me learn to clone and experiment. I honestly didn’t know what passion was until I found growing. Even with the trial and error I just fell in love with it though I didn’t deviate to far from the path. By the end of that first year I decided it was time to take it to another level and covert the ol’ garage I hardly used into a space to cultivate. The space has come a long way since the beginning of the year but is still not complete and under construction and caused me to stop growing for the last few months.

Which brings me to the now. Decided to jump back into the game in a small setup just to pass the time and keep me growing. Currently in a 2x4 and 2x2. Also, decided I would up the ante and jump into SOIL. I’ve done some research and asked more than my fair share of question to more experienced growers than I… @DefNSmokn @other_barry @vaportrail and @Oheeeoh who are great dudes! With all that said I guess I’ll just get into it.

The the video I’m linking was shot by me having fun with editing and the soil was made by my lady who graciously set it up for me! She enjoys getting down in the garden with me and I love it that we can share this. This soil batch we made was a bit of an experiment testing what we can get locally and had laying around as well as adding a few things we had to source elsewhere. Bit of a coots/build a soil/Mr. Canucks grow idea coming all together as one. Check it out and watch in 1080p!

Once that soil was setup it sat for a few weeks. I was given a cut by @DefNSmokn of @greenpointseeds PebblePusher which I was super thankful for as well as started up a seed that was gifted to me by my lady of my favorite Strain Maui Wowie by Pacific Seed bank which I don’t know much about but again thankful for :seedling:

Currently the plants seem happy and are on the up and come

Thats all for now folks! Thanks for building an awesome community around such an amazing plant!

29 Likes

Glad to see you made a post. I will be watching, but feel free to ping if you have any questions :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice mix up!! Should have some great success with it!!

1 Like

I’ll pull up a chair if that’s cool… anxious to see the garage!
Glad you made the switch to soil, careful though, there are a plethora of rabbit holes to fall down! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lookin good! If you wanna post about the construction, I’m always interested to see people turn spaces into gardens

2 Likes

I will absolutely do it once its finished… I have pictures for days on the progress but I would like it to be one solid post for later on down the road!

4 Likes

So what was the soil recipe? How much soil did it make and how much was everything to make it?

3 Likes

I’m honored anyone will pull up a chair! The rabbit hole goes deep and many different opinions and beliefs. I’m afraid I’ve already fallen in though! :wink:

4 Likes

I used a base of a local mix I can get by Dr. Q’s “organic soil” which I was wary of but options were low and tried to get a list of what they use specifically for their “compost” but of course I got a run around but shipping soil gets expensive so i gave it a whirl. The base soil is a bag mix (2CF) of CSPM, Coir, compost, and composted softwood bark. I Added another 7 gallons for aeration… split between par boiled rice hulls and 3/8 pumice. I also low dosed some 4-4-4 by Down to earths at 1 TBS per gallon of soil and same with the Oyster Shell. I also added 10% volume of the 21 gallons of worm castings and then watered in all with the kelp help and let it sit for a couple of weeks. total batch added up to roughly 23 gallons total. Cost wise I couldn’t tell you because I had quite a bit of it sitting at home and only a few things I had to purchase. hope this helps.

8 Likes

Yeah!! Looking good so far my dude! You should find plenty of wonderful folks here! :v::v:

2 Likes

From What I am reading and seeing I am looking forward to your grow!

Got my :chair: and somepopcorn

Good Vibes all around :call_me_hand:

Oh, and if … I was not out of likes… I would have liked all that good stuff in your post up there

4 Likes

Looking good mate. Soil is easy until around week 2-4 of flower.

Plants look nice and happy.

2 Likes

Much thanks and the words are :heart: enough!

2 Likes

Do tell… I have seen if you’re not ahead of the game you can run into problems since it takes the Microbes some time to breakdown those amendments. May have to get my Tea game strong but I have a solid team in my discord group. The ways are strong with them! :wink:

5 Likes

JMS is my new best friend for a good microbe boost. :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe mix in a bucket of kitchenscraps?
Feed those fungi, they like their carbohydrates!
Welcome here, glad you’re joining and choosing soil!
It is also whispered that covercrops are pretty cool around these parts. :herb: :green_heart:

We’ll be watching you… :smile:

2 Likes

Jadam Microbial Solution? I’ve heard… Never looked into it. Will do! Thank you! Appreciate it!

2 Likes

I actually want to start up a worm bin but I never though about that in my pots? What kind of scraps are preferable. I’ve seen most of what can be added to a worm bin does the same apply to your pots? Also much love to the covercrops I have a 10g right now that is setup with some red crimsom clover and its doing well and decided to add another plant that @DefNSmokn gifted. Its in a bit of recovery from derps on my part but its coming along! Thanks for all the imput! glad to be here!

5 Likes

Any fruit, veg and mushroom bits!
I just throw them on top of the soil.
But not everyone is ready for that. :smile:
Check out my grow journal if you wanna have a peek at what that looks like.
I do all kinds of experiments, it’s great fun keeping it as simple as I am lazy!

2 Likes

Always down for experiments. I actually have a bad habbit with experimenting! its gotten me in trouble a few times :wink: … I will check out those journals! going there now! All the knowledge I can absorb will be welcomed by my freshies!

4 Likes