RIP to the great MF DOOM - DOOM Appreciation Thread

Rest In Peace to the Mad Villain… sad news for a new years morning. Listened to Doom since the KMD days … one of my favourite artists of all time.
Was blessed to have seen him live in London and will never forget that show!!

16 Likes

Cant find the words to express. May he Rest In Piece.

3 Likes

I’ve litterly no idea who the Mad Villain is or what he’s about… I’m sure he was great…

Its terribly sad when anyone passes away :cry: May he rest & find peace!

Remembering & talking about the ones who are gone keeps them alive in our hearts & minds.

5 Likes

So Sad :frowning:

a great lose

Dequilo

4 Likes

Ag no man. Thought this year was suppose to be better…Big loss man

3 Likes

Gonna spark up a doobie and listen to dangerdoom. He was my nerdy asses introduce to underground hip-hop. RIP

3 Likes
5 Likes

No fucking way! Sad day

1 Like

Sparking an evening spliff and bumping the MadVillain … this album had a big impact on me in a time of life when things were kinda off. Doom!

7 Likes

Just remember all caps when you spell the man name…RIP MF DOOM.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I thought I saw him once at Rock the Bells in CA when Rage Against the Machine reunited for the first time. Turns out he had a show in FL at the same time, so it may not have actually been him lol. Also the show ended with the beat for Benzi Box, then it turned off, and he walked off the stage D:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah the DOOM-posters hahaha… that was an actual thing, and people were never sure if it was actually going to be him at the show. Same happened when i was in London… Word had obviously spread and the guys i was with had said that it was a bit risky spending all those pounds to see a potential imposter lol, well we went to the show and sure as hell a little skinny dude in a DOOM mask comes out and the crowd lost their shit hahaha… missiles of beers and whatever else went flying on to the stage… little guy ran off and DOOM came out… luckily hahaha … those were some pissed off brits hahaha

2 Likes

In my case, if it was not actually him, it wasn’t blatantly obvious, so maybe it was actually him

1 Like

Disappointed in how few people here know MF DOOM (all caps when you spell the man name)

… wonder if those hours of unreleased work with Madlib will ever be released?

Rocking the MM Food album this afternoon.

RIP MF DOOM

3 Likes

Stonesthrow were given permission to release Madvilainy 2

3 Likes

I’ve been so busy I haven’t had a chance to say RIP MF DOOM!!! I bought Operation: Doomsday on vinyl in the old Tower Records in Tempe, AZ (also RIP Tower Records) I was forever hooked. We’ll never forget the man in the mask!!!

From the top of the key, the 3 Villain
Been on in the game as long as you can wheelie your Schwinn
Turn the corner spinnin, bust that ass and get up
Dust off the mask, whoever laugh give him a head up
He got jumped, it pumped his adrenaline
He said it made him tougher than a bump of raw medicine
To write all night long, the hourglass is still slow
Flow from Hellborn to Free Power like Wilco
And still owe bills, pay dues forever
Slay huge when it comes to who’s more cleverer
Use to wore a leather goose ski with a fur collar
Hand charged a fee for loose leaf words for dollar
Ya heard? Holla - broad or dude, we leave food
Eat your team for sure, the streets sure seem rude
For fam like the Partridges, pardon me for the mix-up
Battle for your Atari cartridges or put your kicks up
It’s a stick up!
5 Likes
4 Likes

MF DOOM was the best lyricist in the rap game. MM FOOD and MADVILLAIN were masterpieces. As well as pretty much any verse DOOM put on wax.

2 Likes