Romulan and grape ghash

Those came from farmerjoe, they definitely look different from Big Buddy’s.
Joe is to do a ROM run also ain’t heard from him since the big split.
I believe he has more of these ibls.

Tougher than hell being away from your loved ones.
You found something, yes?

4 Likes

Ok, grew some Rom IBLs and crosses with the IBL from a guy on the defunked old site (TSD) a long time ago but they were not the Romula I remember from back in the day. Just curious if these are different and more like the old ones. Are they super “Indica” or are they somewhat “Sativa”?

Yea I miss the little boy like crazy but I hope to have him and the wife here with me soon… I will send you a private note soon bro and update you a bit…

3 Likes

Very cool and good to hear.
I got pics of both litters in this thread @StocktonT
One is super indydom the other looks to be a bit of both worlds.
Big Buddy’s on the left
Joeys ibls on the right looks almost like strawberry plants

3 Likes

cool, going to be interesting to see what you find in them… do you know the origin of Joe’s?

2 Likes

No i do not but I’m sure they’re goodins

3 Likes

Hey @OleReynard, off topic but I remember you saying you use(d) the large Sun Systems reflectors. How high above the plants would I have to get to use the reflector without the lens on it? Is it feasible or will I need the fan on it from the start? I got the fan to use but don’t have it here.

I’m hoping to use the heat from the light to my advantage. I’m having a hard time maintaining a good temperature with these extreme temps. I plan on using the 600 along with it. The ceiling is 9’ high and I have 15 plants going instead of 8. They’re also getting big as I topped nothing. I’m just now starting to work on that space and just need to get these plants flipped soon while I finish up building it. It’s going to evolve with time. I’m looking to go with raised beds and no till living soil system eventually.

Thank you! peace

2 Likes

No problem, like I said I have lenses on all of mine and I run air.
Them tops can touch the lens and not get burned.
I kid you not.
I also have a small turbo fan in there blowing straight up at the lens.

Without air and lens I’d hate to venture on how far for you cuz I’ve never ran them any other way

Before I moved I ran k’s but that was in an open area, there again it was the same hood as what I’m running now just different ballast.
I’m also using smaller tents with a 600 and have no problems.

2’ square tempered glass $15
Inline 4" fan from Menards $15
4- 4" elbows and a 4’ piece of alum ducting $10
Priceless

Wintertime I use heat mats on the pups, bigger plants seem to be handle a bit cooler.
Just keep their tootsies warm, you’re good.
I’m at a constant 72

Ceiling fan to get that heat off the ceiling

6 Likes

And pics been taken down

7 Likes

Yehme too…lol
He got 130.00 and qiit and went to jail.
That is the memory 4 me…

2 Likes

Thanks. I still need more gear for sure. It’ll come slowly and quick if I get back to work some. This unit has 8" ducting vents and can get the fan. I figure I can just direct the heat back into the space to keep it warm. I still beed to get my panda film hung, too. I may be able to close a space off to help with the heat.

I like the idea of being able to get the light that close without burn. I’ll get it eventually.

2 Likes

11/7
These are 6 days into preflower and notta yet
Big Buddy’s work Grape Romulan

These are a hybrid I made that I’m quite proud of medman x grape 88g13hp. One of a kind here folks and they’ll mooey fuck you up

These are Romulan ibls from Joey

13 Likes

Awesome - this is just what I was looking for…

That leaf shape is similar to a pheno I have in both a male and female Purple Romulan I’m running… will have to follow that route.

I’m looking for that black pepper!

4 Likes

Black pepper seems to be more associated with Black Domina

3 Likes

I’ve got some seeds that will produce a lot of black pepper smell. Like @OleReynard said, some phenos of Black Domina have some pretty strong black pepper smell. Mine are Black Dom x Dakini Kush, and most phenos seem to represent the black pepper from the Black Domina mother.

I’ll send you some if you want to try. They’re fems btw.

@OleReynard nice looking plants. What is the grape strain in that cross?

7 Likes

I recall buying Black Dom from a dispensary once and I didn’t smell black pepper but it made me sneeze like a MFer. :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ve gotten Sour D from a dispensary that didn’t smell like anything at all. How they managed to do that… I’ll never know.

I’ve also had berry phenos of Black Domina, so I there’s variation in the line for sure.

3 Likes

Wow! Sounds amazing - would love a shot to try them. I’ll shoot you a PM.

3 Likes

Just a really rare recessive trait of the ghash
You can find lemon orange and grapefruit in the ghash also.

7 Likes

11/9
Still no sexing being done.
Actually a good sign they seem to all be good solid plants except for a nitro defeciency on the biggest one.
We should see some mid next week

5 Likes

11/10
I see testes on a good bunch today nothing girlish thou yet.
Boys normally come out to play before the girls anyway.

6 Likes