RookieBuds' Stash Cache

Hey guys, new here! I’ve been a smoker and consumer for a long time, but became a COVID-grower in July 2020. My wife and i picked up some dispensary clones (never again) and started our----well, my----venture. So far, so good! I’ve been pleased with my results, minimal issues or failures and haven’t even purchased herb in well over a year. I’m officially self-sustaining my habit now, FINALLY!

Very first grow was two Purple Punch clones and a Fruit Tree clone; the Fruit Tree was a bug magnet & also revegged. Kind of a mess, but typical first grow, and the Purp Punch although pulled early, was good smoke.

Second run was an attempt at an autoflower (Seedsman Kush freebie) and it was AWESOME. Best overall effect I’ve had from flower in a long time.

With this, I also tried new genetics from seed; Native Sun Genetics. …tried their Fuji Apple Cookie and also Grape Stomper OG.

This is the Grape Stomper OG. Amazing smoke.

Fuji Apple Cookie was “good” but not like the GS OG

After that, dad and i got our hands on a pack of ThugPug PBB! Took the whole pack to get 2 females, one we kept because she showed OGKB-leaning traits, flowered a bit faster and is SUUUPER frosty. Low yield but whatever.

Dad and i have kept the PBB as a mom and we’re running it again now.

Most recently, some of the best smelling weed I’ve ever seen smelled or even heard of, was my Archive Flavour Pack:

I tried to reveg a nug but it didn’t work out for me. This stuff was soapy with a floral/potpourri smell when grinding a bud, the exhale was pure Kush. Nighttime smoke only, LOL!

Anyways, that’s the jist of what I had going, looking forward to throwing more updates in here!

37 Likes

Congratulations, being able to provide for yourself is always a rewarding feeling.

6 Likes

Great work!
You have the green thumb for sure!

Glorious cannabis flowers.

Lookn forward to reading AND seeing your future post

4 Likes

Wow! Congratulations on your successes! Looks like you are getting the hang of it! Excited to see what is to come.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :wink: admittedly I didn’t go into this full blind or brand new, I’ve helped several friends with “trim parties” or cleanings of tables and drip systems, etc., so luckily I’ve been in on some grow conversations that I was able to fall back on, when getting started. I’ve had a buddy bug me for YEARS to get into clone sales with him; that fell to the wayside but it was still good knowledge for me at the time.

4 Likes

Welcome to overgrow. You did a good job. This is just the beginning. Buckle up. Most stuff that comes from dispensaries/ street just doesn’t compare to your own. And you now know the history. No possible additives just clean homegrown fire. Enjoy. And again welcome to overgrow.

1 Like

Looking good :+1: I’ve been smoking on some Grape Stomper OG live resin the past few days, great strain. Never had it before that. Welcome to OG :v::seedling::green_heart:

2 Likes

Current status: two HSC Jelly Ranchers snd my dad’s overgrown PBB mom in the back. We call her 093, it’s just her testing digits.

The Jelly Ranchers are very “red” and “blue”, the taller one smells like blue razz candy, the short one was kind cherry coughdrop but is more like Red Vines now.

12 Likes

Also decided to run an autoflower in my 2x2. I was sitting on just one seed; Pineapple AK from Master Sensei Genetics.

The three seedlings in the back are testers I received from Budderton.

He also sent me Sherb Breath x Meat Breath (OGKB) which my dad and I are saving, to make a fem seed cross with our PBB/093.

Im really excited to see what comes out of these “Carl’s Shoeniors” :rofl::heart:

8 Likes

The OGKB leaning PBB is frickin HUGE! Neither Dad nor I have ever let one get this big. Should be a good yield even though this pheno is a low yielder.

Also enrolled the topped autoflower into training today.

9 Likes

She bounced back super nicely already!

5 Likes

Then I hit her with some more training :slightly_smiling_face: one, maybe 2 more rounds of this then I’ll just let her reach.

The short Jelly Rancher is looking like a potential early ripener! Smells like Red Vines, so awesome.

The taller pheno smells great and very similar, but still has a typical weed funk, the short one is all red licorice, zero funk.

6 Likes

My Budderton testers are growing VERY nicely. Hoping for sex test results today because these babies need to be transplanted or culled!

3 Likes

YES! Two females!!

4 Likes

Damn, I’ve yet to have a plant look so “ready” right at week 6!

This must be the “true 45 day” pheno. Might pull at week 7, the other taller one is still gona go 8 maybe 9 weeks.

4 Likes

The PBB mom is getting frosty at week 3. Smells “peanutty” already.

2 Likes

Tall Jelly is developing NICELY, probably gonna take 60-70 days whereas honestly I could probably pull the short one now at day 46, but gonna go at least 7 weeks and see how things look. The orange color in the pistils on this one is really pretty, very bright almost caution orange.

4 Likes

Yours has a lot nicer bud structure than mine had. Mine was just a bunch of tiny nugs, moderately stacked. Not sure if I missed something along the way but I really felt like she needed more food around weeks 2-4.
See how the next one goes.

1 Like

My shorter “45 day pheno” is like that, just golfball-ish nugs all spaced out on the stems. But nose-wise it’s “the one”.

1 Like

Chopped down the shorter Jelly at day 51! Her trichomes are cloud city. I think the taller one has like 2 more weeks, then like mid April for the ugly-duckling PBB.

4 Likes