Rooted clone transition to 6 inch Grodan(volume and early steering)?

Running 6 inch cubes for the first time ever! Can’t for the life of me find the total water holding capacity for the 6 inch cube! Trying to determine shot sizes and Percentages. Normally in coco I just start feeding a new clone moved to veg, with small 50 ml shots so dryback is achieved quickly! The cubes are soaked to start, so it seems waiting 5 days for them to dry back in a room with optimal conditions is not beneficial. Do you start feeding these things right away? It seems root development would never happen! So My actual question is what’s the transition? How do I go from freshly transplanted clone, to having daily dry backs in week one of flower, with a 3 week veg? I watch all the industries biggest most mainstream facilities achieve this all the time… What’s the process?

3 Likes

have you downloaded this?

1 Like

Yes I have all of their technical data… Im looking more for some experience in the transition. Thank you though.

Yes I will buffer the rock wool with nutrients pH adjusted to 5.5…they should hit the ground running!

@TerpTurtle This may help
https://www.netafimusa.com/bynder/5BAF57C4-FB25-4D40-886C8F55A1375FE8-ghn-cultivation-rockwool-handout-120817

1 Like

I do the same thing I do with coco: let the media dry for at least 3 days before watering, for a few watering cycles, so that the roots can extend in to the media. Once the roots fill the media the watering schedule can be adjusted so that they are watered every day…or even multiple times per day.