Round 2–Variety Is 🗝

Starting a new journal for my 2nd grow after a long hiatus. For those that tracked my most recently concluded efforts, you’ll know that I hit some bumps along the way, but finished pretty strongly. Looking to improve further with this run. Most everything is staying the same except for the lineup…

Seeds were soaked last Sunday evening and went into Promix Monday evening. The breakdown is:
5 Bodhi Lazy Lightning
2 Baked Beanz Port Wine Cheese
1 We Toke Chronic Lavender Do-Si-Do
1 Dominion Seeds DominionG
1 Mastodon Kush

All are reg photos, with the exception of the Mastodon Kush; a fem photo. Was looking for some variety and even if some of the singles I dropped are male, it gives me an opportunity to see how the strain grows, as I have more beans of all. If you’ve grown any of these, please give me any input you have. @HaRdRoC thanks again for doing the lotto a while back, bro.

By Weds, 3 Lazy Lightning were above ground, as was 1 Port Wine Cheese. By Thursday, the Lavender Do-si and other PWC was up, and the Mastadon was emerging. As of today, everything has breached the medium, except 1 Lazy Lightning. If we don’t get some action there by Sunday, I’ll drop another.

I picked up a seedling mat from AC Infinity and it’s done a very good job of helping keep my tent in the low 80s. Humidity is low 40s. No dome or anything fancy. Just seeds in Solos. I’ll be updating again when there’s more to see and share. :v:t2:

39 Likes

Will be an exciting grow to watch @TreeTops!

2 Likes

Nice line up. :smiley:

2 Likes

Woot - pulling up a chair

2 Likes

Best of luck, really cool sounding line up. Gonna grab a chair in the corner.

1 Like

I’ll be tagging along enjoyed your last grow. Some interesting suspects your running nothing that I’ve grown sorry .

2 Likes

This looks interesting nice selection of genetics. Ill be happy to follow this grow.

2 Likes

Good luck buddy :+1:

I expect good things from the port wine cheese, and I grew a Platinum Dosidos that I wish I still had…

I will be following and rooting you on!
:robot:

3 Likes

@TreeTops round 2!
thnx for the show! nice mix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got some real possible fire on that line up! Hoping you find incredible plants; I’ll be watching along! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Nice line up you got there cuz… If ya don’t mind, I’ll just put my seat over here on the side to watch! :wink: :+1:
Good growing vibes in the air for ya!

3 Likes

Gonna pull up a chair and watch the action. Good luck.

1 Like

Was away for the past week and had the wife watering the seedlings. The most important factor—she didn’t kill anything. However, she was a bit generous with the watering and a few are a little droopy, but nothing to cause concern. Started giving nutes almost a week back @ ~100ppm Maxigro and 1.5ml/gal Fishshit. Cotyledons on most are yellow or very faded and will therefore gradually bump feed as roots stretch in the Solos. Moved all cups off the heating mat, but it remains on to keep a constant temp in the tent in the low 80’s. The 5th Lazy Lightning never showed up so dropped another one and it popped up within 2 days of being in Promix. Front row is all LL.

The Mastodon Kush looks funky. Could be a mutant, or just starting out weird. I’ll let it keep going and see what it becomes. Not much more worth documenting.

7 Likes

That’s really early for the cotyledons to yellow, was that an old seed?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I’d say over watering ! As mentioned in post

2 Likes

I can’t say G. It was a pack I won from a lotto a member held on here. Could be old, or could just be from an overzealous gardener (aka my old lady :laughing:) watering way too often.

2 Likes

Over-watering makes sense too…
If the root development is stunted (over-watering) the plant should pull energy out of the cotyledons quicker.

In old seed, the cotyledons are somewhat depleted so they tend to yellow faster than fresh.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I gave a buddy a few of these same seeds and his either didn’t pop, or stalled very early after poking heads above ground.

I’d put my money on a combo of both factors you mentioned. Can’t say the one I have is going to make it, but I’m not rolling it into the ICU quite yet.

2 Likes

One thing I found that seems to help is a little dry myco around the base and water it in, but with an over-watering situation, probably best to let it dry first.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Not much to show lately. Plants needed a chance to dry out some after the heavy-handed watering they were receiving. Once that happened, we started seeing some good growth. Watered most last evening, and kicked feed up to 250ppm (~450ppm w/ tap). I’m going to juice that more next feed as they’re reacting well. I’m always cautious with seedlings, though I’m not sure I should be this cautious. The Bodhis are proving to be most vigorous (front row).

If you’re looking at this pic and wondering, “why is there one little plant in a plastic pot?” Well, that’s because my carelessness caused me to kick over the Lavender Do-si and the entire plant came out of the Solo. It was easier to transplant than to get it back into the beer cup, but certainly a “DOH!” moment for me. Surprisingly, it bounced back pretty well overnight!

Speaking of plastic pots, that is a “3 gallon” Vivosun fabric pot with a 1.7 gallon plastic pot inside it. I had to work to get the plastic pot in there. 3 gallon my ass! That’s a misnomer if I ever saw one! I’m only posting this as I found it amusing and explains why the plants in my last run had roots growing through the top of the soil because they literally had no where to go. This fabric pot is a 2.2 gallon, at best. I’d put it closer to 2 gallons. Rant over and I’ll post more as things change :v:t2:

6 Likes