Roux's Hydroponics

Link here would be helpful

just turn the strip on to warm it ?

1 Like

Maybe… I haven’t had a chance yet to see how warm they get… just got done building the SolSheet - but I anticipate getting 5 more strips before flower and would like to build a ladder style array.

@99PerCent Not sure if there is a way to edit a post on here… but here is a link to the video, sorry meant to paste it into that post above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bj7RaU5rN0

1 Like

You got that right.

That is nice and easy all open and available like that. Yours are adhered to a cookie sheet.

I think @Pedro_Bann as a great point. They will only over heat themselves if the are improperly run.

1 Like

True. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I’ll keep you posted!

Great, Let’s move off of @Roux thread for that, eh?

I don’t use the thermal tape…but I used the thermal adhesive. Really you just gotta be patient, use a razor blade, go nice and slow. Alcohol can be used to remove the extra bits…it’s tedious process but it can be done.

2 Likes

Hair dryer isn’t going to be helpful. The tape is made to withstand high heat, much higher than a hair dryer. It’s called “thermal” tape after all. And it’s nothing like the adhesive.

If you can get the strips off the sheet, you might be able to scrape off the tape by laying the strip diode-side down on a soft surface (towel) and scraping with your thin bladed taping or plaster knife. But you could also just leave it on and re-mount them on SolSinks using screws. A bit redundant but wouldn’t hurt the strip any.

The real issue is going to be getting the strips off the sheet without flexing them so much you break the circuits in the PCB. My advice would be to save the sheet for other uses - mother/clone space, kitchen greens garden, reef tank light, etc. and build your rack with new strips. -b420

4 Likes

Just some pics throughout the tents today. I really like the fact I can take pictures in the flower tent with the new LED light array :grin:

White Widow / 43 days

Northern Lights / 43 days

Kalgrae #3 / 3 days

Little Mommas

:v: OGers

18 Likes

Lots of happy plants.

Nice show.

4 Likes

The girls in the flowering tent are loving the new LED light array.

White Widow / 48 days

Northern Lights / 48 days

>

Kalgrae #3 / 8 days

20 Likes

My God Man! Those are some BEAUTIFUL shots of what looks like will be epic herb! Great strains, quality pictures…you’ve got it goin’ on @Roux!
Much Respect my friend…:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Slick build!
Very tidy looking work. :+1:

5 Likes

Its been a hectic week as we are moving…The grow operation is on auto pilot as it finishes the buds. I am building the grow room at the new location, until then. They will remain unattended for a few days at a time until there new rooms are built.

Northern Lights / 54 Days:

White Widow / 54 Days:

Kalgrae #3 / 14 Days:

Hungry Mommas:

12 Likes

They look great bro! Nice work!

2 Likes

Stunning bro @Roux! Congratulations on the move in. These plants are gorgeous man! Much Respect! :cowboy_hat_face: “The Hydroponic Honcho” indeed!

1 Like

Looking forward to your new digs.

Plants look happy on auto pilot.

2 Likes

What’s the haps @Roux? Just shoutin out to say, “what’s the haps?”. Cheers :scorpion:

4 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Roux’s LEDs The Lighting Luminary