RQS Diesel automatic

Hoping to harvest soon and reclaim the space. Pictured at day 109. The trichomes are mostly cloudy, but pistils are still mostly white. Lost quite a bit of bud to botrytis earlier, under control now.

7 Likes

My computer can’t compute. Firefox says “Error”

1 Like

Working on fixing it now…

Computer now computes.

Beautiful @RickSanchez!

Nice fix!

1 Like

Crikey. Those are some chunky, chunky buds. Impressive and bonkers.

i guess that’s day 109 from planting the seed? i hope my turbo diesel auto is half as chunky. does it have that diesel smell?

109 days from transplant into a solo cup so maybe 115 days or so from seed. It has more of a peppery smell than the diesel smell. It’s pretty big, I think it’ll yield around a lb. if it ever finishes. It seems like it is in suspended animation or something, hasn’t really put on any more weight or gotten frostier for almost a month.

1 Like

That’s the diesel genes kicking in I think.
All of my photo diesels peter out for a week and then ramp up quick. Some simply won’t finish.
I usually cut another hour off the lights on and it helps a bit.
Curious to see that in an auto strain!

This one has been on 12/12 for the last two weeks or so. It was on 20/4 before that, but since it is taking so long to finish I ran out of room and needed to switch everything for over for the next batch of normal photoperiod plants. The breeder suggested it would finish in 60-70 days from seed so I scheduled around that!

1 Like

Well I’m not versed in autos, but I can tell ya that diesels sometimes won’t get amber trichomes at all. I shoot for 85% cloudy, other wise they just keep going. I ran an HSO chem 91 for 4 months in flower before I just decided to chop it.
RQS might have gone a little too lite on the auto genetics.
I’d send em an email and see if this is normal before chopping though.

Interesting, Do the pistils at least turn brown usually? Mine are probably around 10-20% brown/orange. It definitely seems like it’s done growing. The trichomes just started to turn milky in the last week or so though.

They turn brown but are usually replaced with new ones almost within 24 hrs so its hard to tell.
The buds won’t get much bigger but the hairs keep popping out to replace the ones that turn.

?

Each pair of hairs requires a new calex. The buds should continue to swell as long as new hairs are being produced. No?

2 Likes

You’d think so but I never saw much for size increase

They might not be as big, and other factors may keep the buds from swelling, say, as much as others. No way to know. The anatomy shouldn’t change though. They are freaking huge already, what more could I ask for, right?

1 Like

The sativa heavy chems are flat out mutants from what I see, some simply never finish but you’re right each set of pistils should get a calyx.
Maybe they’re immature ones from inside that haven’t pushed out?
I love em anyways lol

1 Like

I think you are onto it here. Sativas flower like forever right. Plant can’t put on too much weight if it is going to go forever. Must be nature’s plan.

Tough going through life with “Itsy Bitsy Calyxes”

1 Like