Rules for making F2 seeds to trade

You’re so right! I have seen packs going for $500 for ten… Who on earth is shelling out $500 for ten seeds?!

6 Likes

You mean, you clone that one and have a pair, so you reverse one of the plants? I thought you could reverse a branch?

That would be so awesome of you man.

3 Likes

That is one of my favorites too…classic!! The blue city diesel I had not too long ago was some of the best bud I’ve smoked in a long time. Check it if you come across it

1 Like

I’m tickled frigging pink to have the huckleberry seeds for next summer. They sound tasty, I will keep that in mind, thanks man.

1 Like

shoot id be down with that!! Let me grab my gun…oh wait it’s a different kind of hunt :joy:

1 Like

yeah it was a cross of blueberry and nycd. Blue city diesel aka I think blue diesel either name. Personally I enjoy pure indicas and pure sativas but these days I mean mostly everything is hybrid. But I have to say definitely one of the most well balanced hybrids I’ve smoked. Nice buzz both mind and body and long lasting. The buzz would last a good 3 hours no bs and I smoke a lot lol

4 Likes

That’s @trowertripper @Badger, havnt had time to absorb his thread. I’ll be dropping 6 of the heirloom Blueberry and see if I can pull a decent male and female to repopulate seeds for trade and pheno hunts on test grows of freebies…my Black Pearl line is based on blue and purple plants and upping potency. Worst case (all male or fem) it will get bred with another likely suspect in the stable. Great thing about perpetual growing besides a monthly harvest of new stash from 2-4 plants. It also allows you to throw strains in batches that you think play well together. This way if you want a limited seed run or multiple strains from one plant you can brush the pollen on the lowers and usually harvest a few dozen seeds of each new strain to test out.

I also pull clones from all the promising plants for a second run and open pollination, really been fun putting together strains like a coach does a players lineup. If I grow a clone for seed I put them in flower just after planting from cloner since I’ve allready grown out and know genetics are good, this one is just a breeding bitch don’t care how big, I do like to see structure vs same plant from seed. Some plants just don’t like being cloned…:metal::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Here is hat I have on it…

4 Likes

Awesome information. Thanks for that!!

1 Like

Not sure how accurate that lineage is. AKBB says it’s not related to DJ short’s blueberry, but DJ Short’s blueberry is listed as a parent.

7 Likes

Good catch khaoohs, it dos seem DJ’s BB fathered their F2 effort. Hmmmmm…:metal::sunglasses:

3 Likes

i personally seek out breeders who work their lines. if possible, i prefer to support them instead of the pollination clash of 2 hype plants cuz they could. nothing wrong w/ this for folks on limited budgets. i was there once.

4 Likes

This was some retired Thug Pug strain. 10 regs. Maybe they do work their lines. I haven’t really looked in to them after seeing their prices. One day I probably will.

1 Like

Cannabis hype beasts lol

1 Like

Yeah I was under the understanding that it is an unrelated line from the 70s

1 Like

Guess I’ll grow and see, my Mr. Nice Black Pearl i used for the line I handed out last week can cure so purple it looks black. Cross with AK purple Pheno put on a color show.

14 Likes

Aside from basic etiquette regarding current breeder strains that are still for sale, I only ask that any plants showing herm traits when making f2’s are not sent out unless the members know about it. Almost seeded my garden with an f2 that had dominant herm genes and was unaware. I would never have risked it had I known

13 Likes

my broke arse would gladly accept any f2’s you guys make with much love.

5 Likes

Alaska native strain huh interesting never herd of one . Unless they are talking about the DELTA BLUEBERRY. It’s was as popular if not more that the mtf

2 Likes

I heard that djs blueberry was prone to herm, speaking of. I wonder if that was so of some of the earlier ones? Any idea?

1 Like