Saltwater Hash

Possibly, but the salt allows water temperatures to exist lower than 32. Unsalted water almost always freezes right at 32F (possible to supercool but you wouldn’t be able to agitate it or put anything in it).
Adding dry ice to water just makes ice, the water can’t get any cooler than 32.

Ocean level saltwater (5% salt) freezes at 28F. A completely saturated salt solution (20% salt) freezes at 2F. I don’t know if I want fully saturated but maybe a little saltier than ocean water is in order.

3 Likes

Ah yes, very good, very good. I’ll just save the dry ice for halloween…or hash…probably the hash…

2 Likes

Well, I need to make dry ice hash one of these days, grocery store by me carries it now. I don’t have a large sheet of glass though lol.

2 Likes

Dafuq you need a large sheet of glass for? Shake that shit into a bucket.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds

How do scrape? Dry methods are alien to me, but I also love efficiency. Teach me your ways.

3 Likes

You can just bang the corner of the bucket on the ground a few times and pour it. It’s usually dry enough that it doesn’t stick much. But a sonicare toothbrush works wonders too. I use an old one for pollen collection and also for hash collection. Just turn it on and hold it against the bucket. A little ultrasonic vibration shakes it loose.

5 Likes

You can still use the salt rocks but maybe not put it into the water thats washing the hash. Maybe have a small bucket that you wash the hash in and a larger bucket that the small bucket fits in with enough room in between to where you can stir around the small bucket in a circle, the water with the salt. That should bring the temps down in the small bucket.

I fucking hate salt water taffy…anyone else? lol

An ice cream mixer?

You’d need salt dissolved in the water to lower the freezing temperature of ice, to allow water to get colder than 32. Otherwise it’ll just freeze.

2 Likes

that was meant for keeping the temperatures low while out of the freezer