Sanddan's Amazing Purple Punch

My current grow is at day 40 and looking good. They are just now starting to show some purple, doesn’t show up great in the pics due to the HPS light. The last food was on day 37 and was a light 25% amount. Light is a 600 watt in a 5x5 with heat, dehumidifier and temp controlled exhaust fan. Temps run 79-81 lights on and 75 lights off and humidity is at 50%. I’ve had PM issues in the past attempts at a grow, only one harvest out of 4 attempts, so this time I really tried to manage the environment better by putting the equipment inside the tent rather than outside. The tent is in a 12x14 room inside my unheated shop. This is for my personal use so I wasn’t trying to maximize the output, just get through it without issues.

17 Likes

Dayum they look stripped dowwwwn, love it man nice an frosty :drooling_face: and welcome to OG :wink:

2 Likes

I just picked up some Purple Punch beans and will be growing them out next run. @sanddan, they look great. Will keep looking in on this grow.
Thanks

1 Like

Beauties! What’s the lineage of the strain?

‘Sticky purple Punch’ was the strain that Pauly Shore tried to get the scientists to grow in biodome so you know its dank lol

1 Like

Yah, I stripped them to get max air flow. Damn PM, it’s a bitch. Anything to keep it at bay.

2 Likes

I got the clones at a local dispensary, only labeled as “Purple Punch”. I was able to smoke some before getting the clones, at least the clones came from the same grower. They haven’t been too smelly until the last week. Now it’s leaking outside the “tent inside a room” to smell up the whole shop. This pic is from 2 days ago before I stripped some of the bigger fan leaves.

7 Likes

Did she smell like blue powerade early on? When I finished mine, they straight up smelled like that Hawaiian punch drink, no joke. I understood why they gave it the name purple punch.

2 Likes

I know a product that works like a hot damn for PM…It also takes out Spidey Mites at the same time. All natural.

I KNOW it works well, as I have been using it for awhile now. It’s made just down the way from me. You can always contact the owner, he is very accommodating.

Very nice plants by the way…And welcome to the OG.

Regards,

K.

1 Like

I think purple punch is Larry og x grand daddy purp… not 100% on that though

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to also mention some other ways to keep it at bey, when it’s in bud.

One : Ph of 8, water…That’s it, spray on effected area’s, it should hold it back, and it does not effect your smoke.

Two : 2% Milk… https://www.growveg.com/guides/using-milk-to-prevent-powdery-mildew/

Another decent link for WP info : https://www.sensigarden.com/powdery-mildew-cannabis/

K.

2 Likes

Here are some Trics pics, maybe someone out there can tell me what I’m looking at. I can’t tell if they are clear or milky. I know I don’t see anything that could be amber but not sure what the other 2 states should look like. It’s still early so at least 2 weeks still to go based on the internet info on this strain. Other than adding to the purple tint starting to show they haven’t changed much in the last couple of days.

6 Likes

The top pic is mostly clear the second pic looks a bit better, You shouldn’t use the leaves for an indicator of trichs, just the buds. They have more time to go for sure atm.

2 Likes

The microscope is hooked up to a laptop and only has a small field of view. The focal plane is also inside a clear shield so the leaf snippet is on a pedestal to fit inside the shield. Any idea how I could get a pic of the top only? I’m using a Celestron Micro Pro. I’m not sure how I could get a pic while holding the micro and the laptop. Really works good when setup on a table, the setup has 2 different adjusting knobs, gross and fine for focus. I guess I can snip off a piece of the bud top. This leaf came from the top of the biggest main bud on that plant. Still would be trimmed off after drying so not the same as the main bud. Any help/ideas would be great. I still have some time to practice.

Are the clear trics the ones where you can see a “circle” in the head?

2 Likes

I have one of those microscopes or something similar. Mine is covered in squished trichs from jamming it over buds lol. I have my microscope attached to my phone, with elastic bands and then I just hold the phone over the bud to look at it.

They should be more cloudy and opaque like this pic.

I know when my trichs are cloudy, from as distance, because they lose their sparkle.

3 Likes

Thanks Shadey, that’s what I was looking for. They look much more white than the clear ones. Do you just “jam” the scope against the bud to get the pic? Do you have some pics showing the amber colored trichs?

1 Like

Pretty much if you want a pic. I don’t bother to take pics unless its a bug of some kind. Once you know what you are looking for, you don’t really have to force the bud into the plastic protector thing, to check the trichomes, but you wont get a good focused pic if you dont.

This is what they will look like when they start to go amber.

7 Likes

^ wow nice shot!

@sanddan ya they’re pretty much all clear there but swollen so 2 weeks is probably a good guess.

2 Likes

Thanks! It really helps to know what to look for.

1 Like

Day 42 and the buds are getting heaver, some are falling over requiring support. I happened to be there right when the light went off so I took some shots without the HPS coloring.

11 Likes

Super Frosty, they look great.

4 Likes