Sativa or Indica?

so what’s your fave and why?

I know it’s mostly hybrids out there, but if you had to pick a way to lean, what would it be?

personally, I like the sativa stone … nothing better than waking up, baking up and going about your day with energy! also, let’s not forget the amazing smells that come off them…

I dig indica too, don’t get me wrong… but I love the racey genetics alot

6 Likes

Indica. Couch lock and no paranoia/racing thoughts. Any kush is a winner in my eyes bro

13 Likes

I used to smoke mostly indica strains but now i’m getting close to 50 and don’t have much energy i’m getting quite into Sativa leaning hybrids. Keeping then small enough indoors is another matter :laughing:

4 Likes

Quote the man. I love also oldschol Afghany pure line. They kick ass.

4 Likes

Indica, with good hash being my ideal.

I always find the sativa-dominant hybrids to be a much shorter stone than a heavy indica. I do use them as pick-me-ups but when I really want to get down, it will be an indica.

tbd

3 Likes

Both! Seriously I have bipolar disorder. Some days I’m depressed and need that Sativa pick me up. Other days, I’m manic and need the Indica to mellow me out. In general I gravitate more toward the Indica side though.

13 Likes

I feel like I need both to properly medicate :grin:

5 Likes

A really nice haze for me. I don’t like the couch lock of an indicia. I can get a couch lock high on my pain meds and I hate it. Nevilles haze, super silver haze, lemon og haze are all really good up high for me. I do have a couple of indicas I really like. Northern lights, Afghan, granddaddy purp or purple erkle. They all have great breeding genetics but the high is fun to start with then you add a sativa high to them and they become great. I love the up high and the creativness that comes with the sativa high. Take some super silver haze and your paints outside. Take a couple of hits and start painting your land. Or start laying out that Dragon on you motorcycle fuel tank. Nothing like it.

Have a great day and better tomorrow.

1 Like

. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Me too but leaning definitely towards indica stone, but have previously grown/smoked sativa/sat-Dom and i enjoy watching how the fkrs stretch n trying to tame shoots etc, and sometimes i didn’t know that they were sativa dominant til flower lol - but these days being sat dom hybrid can be as short as 50 days and isn’t more than ten weeks flowering and iv learned sat-don doesn’t mean im gonna be tripping etc, lots of tame-able sat dom hybrids have the body effect after an initial pleasant high , it’s the pure 18/24 week sats that i would avoid ( not for me .! )
Soo… yea indica leaning is what i enjoy… (but would smoke :dash:anything if handed to me lol).

Gaz

2 Likes

Just been reading this thread and saw u were bipolar use both satavia n Indica. I myself struggle with depression and anxiety disorders but I lean more to the indica if I’m honest lv the narcotic couchlock effect

4 Likes

CBD has also been huge to treat my anxiety.

3 Likes

My answer would be a big ole Yes. Don’t mind if I do.

3 Likes

Me too. Big time.

Sativas or sativa dominant hybrids with 1:1 THC:CBD ratios are almost perfect for me. Right around 7% of each is really nice.

The Sativa/THC puts a smile on my face and a positive outlook, and the CBD melts my anxiety, tension and stress - without knocking me out and getting me “baked”. So damn easy to get the dosage right and not over-do it.

2 Likes

It as a real calming effect cbd +thc is a winner each time

Hey bro. @ReikoX. I’m assuming you’re vaping the CBD in oil form. I want to set my daughter and wife up with a mod and some oil. Do you make the oil or do you know of an “off the shelf” quality CBD oil for vaping? Thanx! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Exactly @cogitech! Can you recommend a strain with the ratio you speak of? Sounds perfect. Thanx! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The two that I have experience with and come closest are (ironically) from Crop King Seeds - although you might find them elsewhere as well ?

I say “ironically” because CKS get bad-mouthed on nearly every site like this one. I’ve never had an issue with them.

CBDream - basically a high CBD Blue Dream. I grew this recently and it is my favourite smoke. Yes, there is Kush in it, but I certainly can’t taste it or feel it.

CBDutch Treat - Again, it’s in the name. A high CBD version of Dutch Treat. I have not grown this one, but my local dispensary usually has it in stock and it is very, very nice stuff. Closer to 2:1 CBD:THC (I like 1:1 better but this is still nice) and the flavour/smell of this one is great - if you like spicy/incense/floral weed.

One that I have not tried but am very curious about is Supreme CBD Durban. Check out the descriptions and reviews on that one, as well.

1 Like

By the way, I crossed my first CBDream female with a Critical Kush male and I plan to grow out those F1s pretty soon. Fingers crossed that the CBD pokes its head through. If not, I’ll make F2s and search for the recessive high CBD phenos.

I might also take a male F1 cross (CBDream x CK) and mate it to another female CBDream (I have 3 more fem seeds) - which should result in some CBD genes getting through.

I also have some Harlequin BX4 (classic high CBD strain) regular seeds, so I could do a Harlequin x CBDream cross and see what happens.

So many options!

1 Like

The most effective for me is to make a tincture without decarb. So this is a 1:1 THCA:CBDA tincture. No psychoactive effects and acts relatively quickly.

I sometimes press some rosin and use my e-nail but more for recreational purposes.

I picked up some CBD Durban from a local dispensary a couple of months ago. It was quite tasty, labeled at 10% THC: 10%CBD.

2 Likes