Scarlet Grapes in buckets 🍇

I got a bunch of beans from @Going2fast among them “Scarlet Grape” I’m going to make them their own thread. I’m that exited about it.
These grapes and I are turning over a new leaf. They are auto fems so they should be a nice smooth grow. No culling, no training, no light cycles. We’re going to have a nice smooth grow with beautiful plants that I’ll diligently take pictures of. Summer of projects is behind us. Swampy humidity get behind me!

Anyway, the beans popped!

44 Likes

Count me in! I’ll be following along. :wink:

6 Likes

me too! sounds be fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think I might hang around for this one!

7 Likes

Got my recliner and a drink with an umbrella in it.

3 Likes

You absolutely do not have to train them but I do recommend a little lst. Just pull her top down after she has a few nodes. She will thank you for it.

3 Likes

I’m not opposed to training, how does it take to a topping?

I cannot answer that question since I haven’t tried but I believe @blowdout2269 can better answer that :smirk:

1 Like

If you have a grow journal for Scarlet grapes I’d love to see it. I’ve searched the forum and saw a few different grows!

And these beans are thicccc. They were in water for 24 hours and one was getting wonky. Giving me bad vibes. The one without a tail. I usually let them be in the water until they get some tail going but I got these out and into root cubes. No action yet in the cubes. I’ll put another seed down if I have to.

2 Likes

In the interest of not advertising competitors I will differ. But if you are interested in growing weed easy there is a few said threads… allegedly…

1 Like

:wink: gotcha. I’m seeing where @blowdout2269 is easy and likes weed, I think I found it

2 Likes

I do the wet paper towel method then straight to there final pot within 24 hours tap root or not. They do have thick shells.

1 Like

Y’all talkin bout me? :yum:
I’ve only topped a Scarlet Grapes once. It did excellent. But I must advise, doing such things with autos can be tricky. If not timed correctly, you can easily stunt them.
Rarely do I top autoflowers. I just let em get 6-10" tall and bend em over at 90°. From there I’ll just start spreading branches.

4 Likes

First two seeds aren’t breaking soil. I’m not giving up on them, but I am putting 2 more in water. See what happens

3 Likes

If the seeds haven’t cracked already @stanknugzz77 gave me this tip and I think it might help you as well.

" If any seeds haven’t sprouted for me in 48 hours, I usually take it as a sign that moisture has most likely not reached the embryo. After that, I will manually crack them with my teeth. It might seem/sound tedious, but it is actually incredibly easy."

I haven’t tried yet, but I will try it if my last seed to crack doesn’t today.

4 Likes

I do the same thing with stubborn seeds that dont wanna pop @InTheWoods . A little bit of pressure on the edges of the seed with my teeth gets them to split open just enough to allow the moisture to reach the embryo. With teeth/jaw muscles, it’s really easy to control the pressure and feel when its cracked

3 Likes

I’ll surely give it a go. One popped a tail, but maybe the shell is so hard it can’t get out. These shells are a special kind.

The other Ill crack. I don’t crack them with my teeth tho!

Why, you got one of these fancy thingamajigs from Bobbie? :crazy_face:

9 Likes

I popped the one that didn’t pop in water and it popped too easy. I think it’s a dud. I’ll still let it sit there and think about it. It don’t take up much space.

Two more in water! I usually use the heat mat, but I think it might be plenty warm without it.

1 Like

whats that dohickey, thingamagiggy…i need one, i hate when beans dont pop…

1 Like