Scenes from the Shitkicker Shed

Quite right. The whole thing is like a dumpster fire in Clusterfuckistan!

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Have not run across that before. That’s strange.

3 Likes

Well I bought some sta green coir from Lowes it somewhat had the distinct spray chemical smell you talking about. @oleskool830

4 Likes

What brand was it? Maybe we can find out what it is. I bought a brick of it to use for seed starting when I run out of what came with the starter kit. I haven’t opened it yet and don’t have much experience with Coco. I remember reading somewhere about sort of the same thing but it’s been a while.

3 Likes

Yep I had that with one of those cheap compressed blocks of coco. I thought I had rinsed it well enough when I expanded it but it almost killed a batch of seedlings I used it for…too much salt. I had to flush the hell out of them and they bounced back. It’s a shame because it’s so much cheaper, but I’ll be sticking with only fancy bagged coco from now on.

7 Likes

Too late

Mooooore characters

3 Likes

Me catching up on 6 days of @oleskool830:

:evergreen_tree:

16 Likes

Well shit! This wasn’t that cheap. I ran water through it repeatedly till it ran clear run off. I still have the smell on my hands!

7 Likes

Ya it’s a ton of work. If that stuffs not cheap anyways look for a good bagged brand. It’s fluffy, clean and buffered right from the sack. Worth every penny!

4 Likes

I agree. I could only find the bricks locally. I can drive about 50 miles and get some. I worked my ass off on that stuff and my hands still smell like some kind of bug spray! The last brick I bought was perfect. Same brand. WTF?

5 Likes

That’s what I have is a small brick.not sure of the brand. maybe I should open it and let it air out if needed.

1 Like

I have noticed that you seem to be yearning for Colombian flowers from the 1970s.
May I suggest that you try some Far Out from Mandala Seeds. The taller more lanky pheno might provide the type of flavor sensation and sativa high you are seeking. Far out is Colombian/Haze female pollinated by a sativa leaning Blueberry. The flowers take about 11 to 12 weeks to ripen.

FWIW, the strains I have tried (so far) which are most evocative of the 1970s flowers, are Far Out, Yumbolt from Sagarmatha and Flo from DJ Short and Oldtimers Haze.
All of these blast me back to that long ago reality.

I hope you and your gals are enjoying the cooler weather!

11 Likes

And I have some OldTimers haze for sale
And @oleskool830 I have SSSH x Pablo’s gold I can get rid of theres 5 PC’s. $40

Snowhigh seeds

4 Likes

Thank you kindly sir. I hope you’re well. Are you back in Florida yet? I’m researching said seeds as we speak. Thanks again Amigo…

3 Likes

Yessiree bro. I’ll take those. PM me a PayPal or something and I’ll shoot you an addy. What do you estimate for a flower time on those? Thanks my man!

2 Likes

Anybody know what’s up with these twisty curly leaves? I tried looking it up and the closest thing I could find was boron deficiency. Boron deficiency ??
I need some OG love here. Thanks in advance! Peace…
:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

9 Likes

Up potted it today. Maybe just root bound? I dunno. Otherwise healthy.

1 Like

Good genetics? heh… It’s genetic as far as I know. I always heard Afghan strains brought that trait. (I’m a rookie when it comes to real knowledge). Maybe it’s from the aggressive cross breeding going on these days.

I have some of the Snow Lotus bx v1 x unknown mom from @Growhard going and one is a freak with the curled and gnarled leaves. I take it as a badge of specialness myself, ha.

I also kept three males from a cross by a friend of MOB x Cocoon (Bodhi) and two of the three had it with the largest leaves.

Check out @GrowHard’s thread on that Snow Lotus project and the pics of that one pheno I posted last night. The leaves are large enough to cover a gallon milk jug.

Who is that twisted freak?

4 Likes

This is a side by side experiment. I was chatting with an OG brother, who exactly I can’t remember. Old and high! He was telling me about his seed popping process that was curious but worth a try. It is as follows.

Dip each seed in hydrogen peroxide. Then into a solution of distilled water, add a “dusting” of recharge and something for Fulvic. So… I took 4 seeds from the same pack. Put 2 in each jar. One with tap water only and the other with the recharge and fulpower mix. My bro said a 24 hr soak, then into paper towel with same mixture. The other jar will go in paper towel moistened with tap water only.
We’ll see what happens. Update this time tomorrow. Peace…

17 Likes

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the results. I’ve heard good things about Recharge. I use Humic Acid in my liquid feedings and it’s in my organic dry mix, too. Humic and Fulvic are powerful trace elements. There was a pretty good article in Maximum Yield mag recently.

So, inquiring minds want to know… MORE. all the time, every day. Carry on, and best vibes on the lab work, doc.

4 Likes