I decided I need a perpetual grow log for all the parts of my grow that aren’t a part of larger projects like the Bodhi Preservation Project. So, I’ve changed the original title and I plan on treating this thread like a long term investment of knowledge, research and plant porn! (10/25/2018)
Not much to see yet, but here’s a group photo!
The soil is recycled from 2 years ago, mixed with kitchen scraps and aged a year with earth worms. Amended with insect frass, rabbit manure, Build-A-Soil Craft Blend, Grow-Sil rice hull silica, BioAg TM7, Ground Malted Barley and drenched in Compost Tea (brewed in a Tim Wilson bioreactor). Then topped with straw, last crops fan leaves/stems and native clover seeds.
Each cannabis seed is nested in a peat moss plug and rested on top of mycorrhizae inoculant. I also keep a Blumat moisture sensor hovering at around 100mb with hand watering.
This should be a shorter run as I plan on flipping to flower once all 4 plants hit 8-12 inches in height. The veg light is just an old 400w LED panel, and the flower light will be an 800w equivalent LED light.
My goal is just to test strains and determine their usefulness for headstash or commercial production.
My prediction are that the Brothers Grimm genetics will be stable and top shelf, the Rare Dankness genetics will be headstash but bushy and thin stemmed, the Swamp Donkey & Mosca genetics are unfamiliar to me, for now! I’m not planning on taking clones of any of them, unless I luck out on a what might be a vigorous keeper. After a smoke report any clones that aren’t keepers will get given away or maybe just “released into the wild”!
Currently residing in the Washington state, Seattle area, so I’m already expecting to have to combat PM and spider mites as they are everywhere in the outdoors. For PM I maintain a consistent relative humidity around 50% and avoid fluctuations, as that triggers spore formation. For spider mites, or other mites, I release various species of predator mites as needed, sourced from Arbico Organics.