Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

I got turned on to them when I worked at a college IT department. I got hired a month before a 3 year laptop trial was completing. I had the privilege of inspecting about 15 of each brand available at the time (7 years ago) and the Lenovo beat all takers by a wide margin.

Of course I wanted one, even though I couldn’t afford a new laptop, but I was surprised that it was half of what I was expecting and I bought my first one that day.

Pad 1 died in year 2 from falling off the top of my fridge during a party. Pad 2 just died, after a HD replacement a year ago. This one, shipping needs to hurry the f**x up :blush: :angel: , should last as long as the first two did since I use it as a stationary computer these days.

Derp, what I logged on to say…
The Dragon Tongue, Earth Lover, Sebring’s Revenge and Zulu Time girls have all been pollinated w\ fem pollen!
The Loco Mota and Purple Heart will get pollinated tomorrow.
The Grape Smash feminized plant died because I missed it for watering during a hot week. I started spraying a second plant, but I’m afraid the girls will be done before the fem pollen is ready.

14 Likes

Nothing beats a nice plant orgy.

1 Like

I just got home from work last night. Up at 4:30am yesterday, worked 6 hours, then drove for 7 and got home about 7:30pm. ugghhh… little jet lag this am.

But, I wanted to thank you for the unexpected mail! I put it to use last night… Next, I’ll want to get a larger size, now that I’m getting a little work. I have to go back down in a couple of weeks or so for a week or two. It’s really messing up my outdoor growing… and indoor… dang. I have a lot of things to pot this week.

Thanks for the laptop tip. I could use one and that price is the only way I’d get one. Talk to you soon. peace

5 Likes

Even the older cheaper Lenovo models are a good buy for most users. (Unless you’re a PC gamer of course.)

2 Likes

I’m no gamer and these days about all you need is a good browser. I have an iMac I got a great deal on through CL, and an iPhone, but I stay frustrated… I like my iMac for photo editing. But, I do a lot of reading and weed research and all I need is a browser and keyboard… I don’t see needing a $2,000 PowerMac for that, lol.

1 Like

Good browser, just get a Chromebook.

2 Likes

I have been using Thinkpads for about a decade now because of the good Linux compatibility. People say the quality degraded after they went from IBM to Lenovo, but I’m still on the second Laptop and compared to the life span of most things these days I’d say that’s not bad.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the videos!

Only having to apply it a few times compared to CS almost got me sold. Then I found out I can’t buy silver nitrate without handing in an ID, an end-user certificate and explain what I’m gonna do with it. :unamused:

Sooo, what are its innocuous use cases? :innocent:

1 Like

Wart removal…

3 Likes

Which Linux are you running? I started running Xubuntu a few years ago, before I found Mint. Would love to switch, but it would be a tremendous hassle.

I actually think the quality got better with Lenovo. Had an IBM Thinkpad a few years ago and after got to use a Lenovo one. No comparison.

2 Likes

I’m running Debian. I started with Ubuntu but it was too much chaos in development for my taste, I had updates break parts or everything more than once. Debian is pretty stable but slower regarding new versions of packages. Works for me. Debian 10 should be out any day now.

I started using Thinkpads post-IBM, I heard a lot of complaints saying everything was better in the old days. :wink:

3 Likes

@allotment I’ve a Samsung I bought in 2014 that I put an SSD in. It is getting long in the beard. I like Lenovo’s but even with them there are occasional issues. I had one with a mouse/trackpad that would quit never could fix and finally traded it. Debian is an excellent choice. You are using Wayland choice at login screen I hope.

@Sebring I am surprised you bought now with the new cpu’s due out in days and the next generation should have hardware fixes for some things running in software/firmware mitigation now. OTOH sometimes you need it NOW.

2 Likes

Lenovo does have a long history or trackpads being total garbage. So long that I usually disconnect the hardware connection to it. :wink:

5 Likes

Comfort Cream, ginormous edition:

17 Likes

@Sebring Maui SS @ 1 week of 12/12. Thank you so much. These leaves have a very soft Sawtooth Edge that is just really pretty when the small leaves are flattening out. I can’t wait to taste some of that Maui Wowie from back in the day. This one definitely going to be a head buster! I had it entered in a cup contest but I had to pull it out. Later bro.
J

Thanks once again bro the next one I put in Spanish to go into the fabric pot. This one looks pretty good for being in half a 2 L.

Edit. Sadly that one was a male. @Sebring im sure of the 3 I popped there a female Amongst them lol. I wanted to ask you about the Maui wowie. Did you run any of the Maui wowies by themself and might you have access to a pure Maui I guess is what I’m asking. Trust me I’m looking for that buttery pheno…:wink:.

Thanks for doing what you do sir. I had some problems in my house. I had to get someone out for safety reasons. I’m back good. Gonna finally make some std. Silver nitrate like you said. Probably last me a bit longer. Silver anything will walk around here lol…

10 Likes

Alright! I love it. That’ll get you all the way through winter maybe. I’m going to get some before long. I use balms from a friend now but no CBD in them. There is THC in one with Emu oil.

I just put some from my sample on an arthritis knot on my hand. That stuff goes a long way.

Mine are growing fast in my solo cups and I have to get them out asap. They all of the sudden started moving. Very vigorous growth compared to three other strains. I’ll have to keep handing them off to people until I finish my out of town work. I’m looking forward to the smoke. It could be full on fire… I hope it’s a terp bomb, and expect it has a good chance! peace

5 Likes

Thats whats up @GMan. I have 2 more Maui’s in the solo comp. I just I’D another female. I have 4 cup females now. I hear ya. I need meds. The next round is big pots more meds!:blush: Later.
J

3 Likes

I love these people. They’re promoting the type of farming I’ve been practicing for a long time!

13 Likes

Absolutely. How do you have the time dude? You deffinitely have so much good stuff going on. My girlfriend and I were watching your sts video and she was wondering if there is a Mrs Sebring, and how she feels about chemistry in the kitchen.:wink:

Thanks for everything. You’re a one man soil genius. I love seeing people promote better/healthier gardening practices. I would love to make some supercharged biochar. I was reading up on the south American black earth pits. It’s amazing how the soil is still so fertile. I need to find a batcave on a volcanic island…Hawaii?? Have a good one bro.
-J

7 Likes

If you have a yard at your place you could make a bat house and they will take up residence there. Check out Google on how to build them. Very simple. Then you will (in a long time) have some of your own bat guano. I saw a bat in my barn recently and decided I’m missing out by not having one built. They really help control insects, too.

10 Likes