Second ever grow, First Octopot grow!

Enjoy your harvest

Keep it green
Paps

1 Like

Definitely Papalag! Its starting to finally stabilize, I think. Im so proud of it, I used some Electrify to tip the car detailer yesterday (in addition to cash :grinning:).

1 Like

Hey there, RainToday!

Its a decent App, but more importantly… Its really all there is out there. :vulcan_salute:
I subscribed for one year.

The photos are an easy work-around. When you add a photo or group of photos it asks toward the end what date in a drop down box.It would be awesome if they could take data from the photo time stamp. I will address that to them on the web site. I doubt thats anythng they will move on, but we’ll see if there’s any interest. Are there other apps utilizing that feature?

Voice input would be cool, but I’m not sure which direction youre going with that. The app allows for google voice when in the note section. I just press on my virtual keyboard. Are you talking a direct to todays notes “voice note” button?

For sure, there’s room for development. But in its current form its useable. Hopefully, they do keep up with it. Growers with more time in service would have more to say, Im sure. Im only into this stuff for less than a year.

There is a decent video thats on Youtube. Does a nice rundown of the App. Here’s link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uvsj_0PO2U&list=PLyQfRQziSghC3viwhrffQAhilt0RGvJFP&index=1&t=23s

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks! I work in tech, so I always think of grabbing data :wink::rofl: like the photo dates and importing it. Based on past experience, the answer will probably be either, “oh yeah, great idea that’ll take us about 20 minutes” or "cool thought, but would take about 200 hours to implement so that’s never gonna happen. "

We do full voice interface. I’d like to be able to have the app open and say

Me: hey Jane, add a note to plant Diesel #53
Jane: adding a note to Diesel #53
Me: topping and it looks yellow on the lower leaves, so adding a scoop of rabbit poo
Jane: (repeats text to speech result) okay?
Me: yes
Me: Hey Jane, set Bubblegum 3 to flower stage
Jane: Bubblegum 3 set to flower stage.
Me: Hey Jane, what was the germination date for Bubblegum 4?
Jane: April 20th germination for bubblegum 4.

Our software is open source. Our team is small, so we wouldn’t do the build, but we’d be delighted to coach them, and I know it’s not even a big reach. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That sounds like it would be pretty cool and actually helpful.
Just the kind of update Jane needs to justify jumping to the next pricing tier! :rofl:

2 Likes

Well…

Electrify is as good as she’s gonna be at this point. Solid month of cure.
Been going through a bit of material as the 10+ oz cured in Grove bags. She now closer to 8oz, lol. Been partaking a bit myself, and giving to friends, etc…
A bit lighter bodied than I’d normally go for, but many prefer that. That sure hasnt slowed me wanting it all the time. Amazing taste… Fruity, gassy, and yep… still has the taste of Grape Dum-Dum at the end. Super Terpy.
Dont know what the THC level is, but its gotta be at least 20-25ish. Maybe more. Hits very well.

Nice close to this grow.

If you liked this grow and would like to see my current two-plant Octo-grow, its right here on OG…

3 Likes

Finding out about octopots is like when you found out about the Konami code for Contra back in the day. Game over.

3 Likes

Or finding the “Invisible Chain” in Colecovision Donkey Kong Jr! Game changer! :100:
Always love an easter egg!
Although, I only played the Growing weed game once prior to the Octopot.

2 Likes

Over the past 18 years I’ve grown in just about every form of media. Mainly in plastic pots or in fabric bags, I’ve done everything from super soil , making compost teas and full organic

Never did I achieve the quality and quantity till I switched over to Octopots

It took @Gardenartus years to convince me to switch over
Now once there there’s no turning back !!!

It’s like 6 years maybe more that I’m using Octopots it’s the easiest and most efficient way to grow indoors

9 Likes

Preaching to the choir, my frend!

Im glad I found the Octopot early in my growing career. Im trying to tell others about it, but some are just so set in their ways. Plus, most dont want to take advice from a guy who just started growing.

Although one of the local “independent grower/sellers” contacted me and is curious what I’m doing, and wants to meet up and check things out. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

which bags do you use?

2 Likes

Grove Bags 1/4 pounders :100:

Just occured to me you may be asking about grow bags?
If thats the case. Im doing RainScience Grow Bags from now on. Loving how its performing so far…
Here’s link!

2 Likes

hell yeah, thanks! was talking about grow bags and am connecting the dots with your thread.

I also use grove bags instead of mason jars, love em. The QP bags with “velvet touch” are super luxury I feel like a rapper!

2 Likes

I use the bag that came with the Octopots

But with the mini Octopots I use a tall 3 gallon bag from amazon

3 Likes

I’m using the bags from oftopot also, the ones with the straps. ugly lookin at this point tho hard to clean them all the way.

1 Like

Try the RainScience bag. I can honestly say I cant see myself ever going back to the Rocket Sleeves. Never used the OG Octopot sleeves, but from what Ive seen theyre similar to the rocket in construction. Flimsy, tear too easily, handles are useless (just look at the way theyre sewed in place).

You see its working awesome for my LSD grow so far. I dont mind being the tester… One day you may convert.

I feel growers who use Octopots are already a bit more open-minded than some others out there. Thankfully Im so new to this hobby, I didnt have a chance to get set in my ways, lol.

3 Likes

I just never needed to replace them
I purchased 1 extra set when I ordered them originally
And clean them after each grow and rinse with water and bleach

3 grows a year and still haven’t replaced them as of yet
But it’s about time by the looks of some

I know @Syn makes his own

3 Likes

I never bleached mine, good call

3 Likes

I rinse Octopots and all fabric bags in bleach once clean
It kills any possibility of a problem

3 Likes

Im sure they were great for you. Worked just fine in my grow(s) as well.

I just got kinda PO’d when I used the Rocket Sleeve for a single grow (Electrify) and it tears upon lifting out of the reservoir.

Chris’s attitude when I mentioned it to him sealed it for me. “well, you cant manhandle them…” Seriously!?

Clear difference in material quality and fitment between the two brands.

2 Likes