Second grow .....or..... Will the Clones Survive

Took a few clones when I flipped the first grow and I believe they are going to live. I didn’t have a humidity dome over them the first couple of days and thought I’d lost them, but here they are today. Looking pretty shabby but alive. I’m not sure what to do on timing or if they need nutes yet. They were started in rockwool with ph adjusted tap water with no nutes. When the roots started to pop out of the rockwool, I placed them in 16 oz. cups filled with coco.

They were taken about 17 days ago and have been in the coco about a week. Looking for any advice I can get on how to take care of them. Any and all ideas welcome.

Cheers,
Sky

10 Likes

did start showing roots ? :ghost:

2 Likes

They def need nutes.

4 Likes

Here’s what they looked like when i put them into the coco.

Sky

6 Likes

Will mix up some half strength and feed them. Thanks.

5 Likes

They have rooted. They are starving indeed.

Check the pH of the medium and correct. Add food and LITFA.

10 Likes

99 percent of the time you beat me to it. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

pH of the coco was at 7. Water and nutes just below 6. I hope this works.

1 Like

Good luck boss, we’re pulling for ya.

1 Like

Checked on the clones tonight and they are looking better. The nutes are working. Roots coming along nicely.

SkyDog

5 Likes

These root shots also suggest that they will want a transplant pretty soon.

Ninety Nine

6 Likes

I’m ready to pull that off anytime. It amazes me how much goes on underground compared to above ground at this phase. I really wasn’t expecting that much root growth. Learning something new everyday. I guess it is true when they say the only source of knowledge is experience.

As always, thanks for the feedback! Grow on!

SkyDog

3 Likes

Clones after transplant.

The last one looks kinda strange to me. Anyone seen anything like this before or know what it might be? The lack of serration is weird.

9 Likes

As the roots form, the serration should return to the leaves. Looks like it is still working some issues out. Might have lost some roots in this process.

Loss of serration is typical after root pruning I think.

Little time.

6 Likes

Haven’t reported much on these lately with the big girls going into end of life. Here’s a shot from this morning. Will try to concentrate more on these soon.

7 Likes

The girls went into the tent yesterday under a 600W MH bulb for a week or so of 18/6 before the flip. Ready to see how they do.

7 Likes

Hey @SkyDog

Looking good.

These are really busy about 3 inches off of the soil and might benefit from some pruning. Try to end up with about 4-6 major branches.

Good luck.

Any word on the drying buds. Hoping most came out untouched.

I lost a couple of the big nugs to the mold problem I had. All the buds on the lower branches are going to be just fine.

2 Likes

I’ll prune them up some in the morning. Fortunately for me, while I was emergency harvesting my other crop, these little ones just grew like weeds…

2 Likes

Well, my six day trip ended up becoming 7 due to missing my flight home. I walked into the house hoping that everything went well. When I opened the tent, my two bigger plants were weeping badly. The two smaller ones looked good though.

I got them watered immediately and by the time I went to bed, the weeping plants were erect again, so I guess I caught them before any real damage occurred. Next trip will have to be planned out just a little better. Will be nursing them the next few days then off on another adventure. This time I will add blumats.

3 Likes