Secret Santa 2020 - USA - CLOSED

I just checked right now and I have not yet received them. The mail has been VERY slow recently so my speed expectations are low.

6 Likes

copy, thanks for the update!

6 Likes

Cool idea, count me in. :christmas_tree:

5 Likes

I think there’s a canadian one too

7 Likes

Nice! I’ll be participating in that one too, hopefully

7 Likes

I have received numerous bubble packs and regular envelops of seeds from the U.S to Canada with no issues.

@Grease_Monkey we started talking about a Canadian one in our message board for the fall seed box 2wks ago.I started one today.

@CoastalMarySeeds there is a Canadian one started now.

8 Likes

I’d be down to join this. Have quite a few things in the vault I’d be happy to give out for a secret santa seed gift.

Edit: didn’t mean to reply to you directly :confused:

6 Likes

I send seeds to Canada alot and have had no issues so far its more paper work with filling out the customes form and can take several weeks i usually check gift and under description i put souvenir

Edit have recently shipped to Australia as well made it faster then i expected still took 2 weeks

5 Likes

I’m in! Are there any rules to be followed?

4 Likes

Not really sure what rules there would be.

Just add your name to the list, and probably around the 18th (to give folks a chance to sign up etc), then I’ll generate the random list and pm the addresses for shipping purposes.

4 Likes

I like this idea. Count me in to play secret seed Santa.

5 Likes

So, amazingly I discovered the ‘self service’ kiosk at the post office (yeah, hahahah, slow observer). I weighed the letter, posted the postage and tossed it in the bin for mailing.

I’m thinking that from now on, my international deliveries to Canada will be completed in this manner as well.

No questions, no issues!!!

7 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea! I’ll have to look into that over here as I have like 30+ envelopes to mail out soon :thinking:

6 Likes

Rules wasn’t the right wording. Limits is what I was thinking about. Just thinking about how secret Santa’s I have been in have worked. Usually there are some sort of limitations so that everyone gifts within the same range. I’m not worried about it myself but I would kinda feel bad if someone sent me something real nice and I sent out something way less desirable. Just thinking out loud

7 Likes

Ah yeah there’s usually a $ value limit in place or something. Bit hard to do with seeds tho :thinking: maybe limit the amount of seeds that can be sent? Like everyone has to send a half pack(6?), or full pack(10?12?) only. Can’t be less. Maybe could be more if you’re generous? Just some thoughts…

6 Likes

I am in. I love this type of stuff. I just hope I dont send someone stuff they already have or dont want.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to stalk whoever I get to figure it out. Also, we need a way to get an address without asking for it

6 Likes

Everyone that signs up will send me their address and I’ll rendom generate the list and distribute to the participants. Hopefully that’ll work?

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

That works for me. Let me know when you’re ready

4 Likes