Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I only ordered small amounts directly from EU breeders so far.

Sensi Seeds just because I remembered them from when I was young, they have been around forever and it was the first name I found in the back of my head when I considered collecting seeds. lol. Delivery was fast (within EU). Germination rate was not great but I only needed one so I never complained. I told them much later, got a full replacement pack free of charge without aking for it. They seem to have a bit of an email backlog recently. They ship from NL.

Dutch Passion I came across because of their CBD auto I think. Very affordable shipping if untracked works for you, and fast delivery (EU). Got a nice deal each time I ordered (3 plus 3, actually got 7; 30% off plus a freebie), was good timing on my end though. They ship from NL.

Sweet Seeds I learned about on OG. Got a CBD strain and something extra. Had a bit of a delay because something I ordered was not available, in the end they sent a pack of 3 instead of 1 for that with no additional charge, plus a freebie. They ship from ES.

So, good experiences all around, I can recommend all of them if you are looking for their strains. However I think none of them ships seeds outside of the EU and only Sweet Seeds carries seeds of other breeders.

Apart from that ā€¦

freespore.com I found on OG. They donā€™t sell seeds but offer to send seeds (and spores) for free or donation. Seeds are donated by volunteers. Availability and strains vary, no commercial stuff. Email contact was fast and friendly, shipment was fast. They ship from ES, I think worldwide.

The Vault I know from OG too. I have not ordered there yet, but I was lucky enough to win a promo. Had a bit of a communication delay because of a staff change, got a lot of extra seeds as compensation. They ship worldwide, including the EU breeders I mentioned above which donā€™t. They are the only ones from my list active on OG as you can see in this thread.

So, all good experiences here too, can recommend all of them.

Sorry I have no bad experiences to offer. :joy:

6 Likes

Hey everyone,

A quick heads up since last time we stoppedā€¦

Over 12,000 members now trust Strainly as their reliable source of clones, seeds, pollenā€¦ (3,000+ varietals listed).
Weā€™ve added a Growing supplies section if you need to let go of some equipment.

We verify every member before allowing to post. We approve each post on the platform to ensure accuracy and reliability.

A major upgrade is underway.

www.strainly.io

4 Likes

I recently ordered 3 times from Speakeasy Seedbank. Highly recommended.

Where is this? When I go to the main page, the only links I see are for Clones, Pollen, Seeds and Tissue Cultures.

1 Like

Yeaā€¦ Itā€™s a multiuser biy, sell, trade platform for canna seeds, clones, pollens and tissue cultures

No, they said that they added ā€œgrowing suppliesā€ but there is no link to take you to the ā€œgrowing suppliesā€ area.

1 Like

Go to the search and change the category typeā€¦ The equipment options are on the drop down

https://www.strainly.io/allstrains?category=equipment

2 Likes

Thanks, @toastyjakes. I even looked at the I looked all over the main page and found nothing that would lead me to equipment. They need to add a link to either the body of the page, just as they do for the 4 others, or at least in the top menu.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they will, like they said, changes to the site are coming lol

But glad I could help a bit

You cannot beat Dragboatjeffy with GLG seeds.
Have done a few things with BOG, I seem him very reliable also
Sensi Seeds
Serious seeds

Anybody know anything about midweek song?
Are they selling orgin related beans or knockoffs from Spain?

3 Likes

Shout to the guys at the Vaultā€¦thank you for your kind words everyone else of course toā€¦i sent this Email to Simon this morning and Iā€™ll wait to see how he respondsā€¦

Simon as a customer in a saturated market that is not how i would handle this issue. A time is coming where a guy is not gonna be able to give seeds away. Canada is only a year into legalization give it 5 years and see whats going on thenā€¦same with the USA. How I would have handled itā€¦I would have shipped out the product immediately based on the evidence. I learned along time ago operating a business you must be willing to do what your competition is unwilling to do if you plan on repeat business. Ozā€™s of quality bud are beginning to sell in Canada for 100.00ā€¦thats Canadian dollars.This issue was not my fault at all and i understand you get complaints all the time. Yes i over reacted and could have handled the situation better it was not my highest self. In conclusion I have no plans on sending back the worthless seeds you sent me (worthless to me) and hope you plan on making this right by sending out the product i requested in the first place. I understand also mistakes happen and as a customer no fault of mine. Iā€™ll leave this with you and you make the decision based on the facts on how you plan on handling thisā€¦also i will accept whatever decision you decide to make.

In conclusion thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and i hope you see that Iā€™m being reasonable about this issue.

Done i got other things to worry about like getting something worth growing (in my opinion)ā€¦not how i would run a business and its none of my business how he conducts himself and his business! I am a proud Canadian and we can keep up with the best of them in Europe and I prefer now to give my cash to a Canadian business. I apologize to my brothers and sisters in Canada that have worked hard through prohibitionā€¦Iā€™m sorry i ever doubted you!

RESPECT

Youā€™ll probably be hearing back from John, heā€™s the business manager.
When ever I deal with Serious itā€™s thru him.

Iā€™d rather not hear anything from any of themā€¦Iā€™d rather see action talk is cheap! If i was the manager of Vault i would have said hey whats your address Iā€™ll send you 5 free seeds of your choosingā€¦we want your business please take this gift as a sign of our respect and our commitment to make things right! Now thatā€™s how you run a business and steal customers. People think if heā€™s willing to do that for free imagine how he will treat me if i give him my cash. Greed does weird things to peopleā€¦if i ran a business thatā€™s how Iā€™d roll. And when you do that for people they feel bad going somewhere else after everything youā€™ve done for them. Old Chinese proverb

ā€œThe greedy pig gets fat and the fat hog gets slaughteredā€

Crack dealers do it all the timeā€¦first ones free!:slight_smile:

What do i know Iā€™m just a dude on some websiteā€¦with a grade 8 education
Bog had a chance to steal my business too and was asleep at the wheel and lefthand guyā€¦Ledseeds missed it tooā€¦shame these guys are missing out leaving money on the table. Their attitude is i aint doing nothing for nobody for free all these moochesā€¦right till they go belly upā€¦times are a changing and growers need to become business menā€¦they aint the only game in town like the old daysā€¦i digress I see dudes bitching on this site all the time about people looking foā€¦Iā€™ve said too much and should charge money for this info!

1 Like

Iā€™m confused, who did you order from?

What does this have to do with The Vault?

3 Likes

Read above in this thread and it was seed supremeā€¦thanks for the reply. When you are used to be treated like your not important or valuable thats how you are treatedā€¦thatā€™s not my model of reality Iā€™m used to being treated with respectā€¦Im not telling anyone what to do a grown man or women do not need to be told what to do.

I understand that you are upset. Get a hold of Seeds Supreme and let them know that the order got screwed up. Letā€™s see what their response is. Give them a chance to make it right.

If they respond poorly, let us know that they arenā€™t trustworthy.

4 Likes

So they should give you free seeds? Iā€™m not comprehending any of this

And asking people who make their money selling seeds for free seeds is how you pay them respect or for that matter then saying no means they donā€™t respect you?

Business is business and those guys give away more than there fair share of free genetics when you order from them as a sign of appreciationā€¦

4 Likes

This was there first responseā€¦

I am very sorry to see that our packer has made a mistake with your order.

We are happy to replace the seeds if you can return them to us?

Kind Regards,
Philip - The SeedSupreme Team

No Im not returning themā€¦not my fault i was very specific in what i wanted also i bought the insurance in case of mix upsā€¦either your running a company or not? How bad do you want repeat action? IMHO thats not how to run a business

1 Like

no be greedy dont do nothin for free!:slight_smile: When you screw up you make it right or kiss the business good byeā€¦seeds cost nothing you ever seed a crop bro??

1 Like

As I understand this you got something of Seriousā€™s from a seed merchant, is that correct?
You mentioned sending Simon your thoughts, I assume it is Simone from Serious Seed?
Is the seed merchant not taking care of you and your getting on Simone about it?

1 Like