Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I feel you Dale…
Well lets see, Seed banks that we can trust?

ahahahah NONE

Lets define first the meaning of trust…

As today, buying from a seed bank is like grabbing a very , veeeeeeery expensive lottery ticket that it eventually , if you are lucky, give you the phenotype that they advertise.
And that’s totally cool…do I wanna pay 10 to 15 bucks a seed to play this game??? hell no!!!
I think that, shitty works like that should be priced a buck for each seed…

But that’s not all, those jackals fucked up also the feminized seeds…Thers no convenience anymore in buying fem seeds because you still have to pull out all the retarded sprouts, the males, the herms, the mutant etc… why da hell don buy just reg seeds then?

Almost all of the advertised Seed bank are just pollinating or selfing some elite clone , create some F1…with the result to have millions of phenotype, herms , mutants…

Everyday are popping around thousand of new invented genetics, that infest the social media like facebook and tweeter…

Everyone now in Europe advertise this stars and stripe new genetics…ive lived in California for 8 years and im telling you this guys are rippin u off with their gorilla bullshit and cookie and cream ice creams and sorbets…

Recently I tried Dinafem, and I got from 2 strains, Chemdawg and Remo chemo… 12 different phenotypes some were ok some were just fuckin fiber hemp!!!..bummer…but again, that ok if im payng a seed 1 dollar…is not ok…wastin 500 $ thinking’s that you are goin to save some time…nah…

So, I don’t trust anymore ANY of this jackals, and im lookin forward to keep connecting with REAL breeders that are keeping up the good works, that keep studying and improving the genetic pool of the cannabis for the greater good of our community…as a hint…this guys are around forums and real life, you won’t find em on High Times or at the Spannabis…

I have no sympathy for this Neo capitalists that ruined this world, with their overpriced snake oil nutrients and additives, fake genetics etc…they are worst than the cops hahahahah

Let them barricade in their meaningless cannabis fairs , with their fancy colorful stands , with their stupid gadgets, t shirts stickers and hot chicks that vape dubs…hahahaha and leave the cannabis for the real lovers, the growers and the patience of the world!!!

Sorry for my rant but I have no respect for them,
Said that, there are prolly some seed bank that gives you more chances to get what your lookin for but…whatever…Cali Connection (even if they have a pretty bad rep online gave me some legit genetics with no bullshit)

I think the solution is keep connecting with people, study and share knowledge…:mushroom:

Last run I got accidentally 5 seeds from an headband that hermed…well I GUESS IM A BREEDER NOW!!! I just need a name now!!! Keep follow me on instagram!!!:joy:

Peace!

5 Likes

Uhh if talking to me love letter came through customs seeds did not, most lazy thing ever would have been better to have only been stolen from instead of sending heat to my address.

@Grapefruittroop meh every stoner gets misty eyed and nostalgic about the old scene but it was same bs back then. People getting decades for possession in usa and canada. Marc Emery running the biggest seed site on earth from canada uses his exposure to blow illegal blunt smoke in canada politicians face while claiming to be self imposed leader and spokesman of pro pot freedom movement.

Lol HS and sister sites OG etc rolled on by the mounties right after that. There have always been shitheads it just seems they are the majority now.

I always tried to start with seeds because clones if it dies you are out more money up front and have to start all over. But now starting to rethink this.

4 Likes

Hey bud I found the peak bc website and I’m thinking of grabbing a pack of the NL, NB, and the BB. He emailed me right back. Said he has less variation or mixed packs 20 seeds for $40. Thanks for putting me down brother. I’m stocking seeds for now. :blush:

Clearing my tent within the week then I’m getting everything ready for the BB run. If you’ve grown it before and you have any tidbits of advice, I love to learn. All is on track bro. My NL turned out great. I can’t speak good enough about 1 bean being that good. Have a good one bud. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

What about five seed breed I got what ya need? Totally agree with you brother, I’ve navigated the European seedbanks for years and came to the conclusion that most of the stuff from Dutch seedbanks are reworks of or f2 from Neville shoemakers work. Ben dronkers and his brother Allan I have respect for but as they grow into retirement the work is being lost, maybe the handing down of a guardian of these plants can not be handed down heritabley.
These plants are more important than human beings on this planet, although we have worked hand in hand with these plants and have complimented each other.
If there is a god I’m not convinced but there is something we don’t understand. If one day my doubts were met with this force presenting itself to me and saying this is hard for me funk, but I need your advice it’s not working bro I gotta get rid of the humans or the plants I’ve done my best.
But one is gonna be weakest link, I would reply cull the human race!! Every bloody time.
Back to topic though I’ve shifted to bodhi as his ethics correspond to my beliefs more.
Although I’m not totally religious my spiritual beliefs would be more akin with Hinduism or Buddhism although I see links to western spirituality just see human fallibility.
I’ve got a lot of time for shanti babba but he is not as capable as Neville. But that’s just a hard act to follow!
I’m ready to expore samwells stuff at baked beans.
Ugorg are a company that in the uk are pursuing correct breeding procedures.
Virgil was pulled up a while ago about how many fathers he went through for the father for his blues a seed version of the legendary blues clone. The antagonist actually showed respect after he learned that the choice was after testing 500 males for progeny. I felt sorry for dude as he showed respect after he learned this. but by that time damage was done.
Ugorg have a ledgendary member oldtimer#1, if I am right this guy was in USA in the 80’s working with your boys and his smelly berry is dj shorts original offering of blueberrie, I’ve met a few underground growers that have experience with the 80’s blue berry. One who used to do greenhouse grows in Portugal then ship up to the coffee shops in holland. They fight pit bulls over there and he used to use the proceeds of grows to fund a dog rescue home and buy bedding and food for the dogs.
The ugorg collective are straight up people I would trust these, ace seeds are another collective that there sole believe is preservation! They believe in preserving land races and do crossings that have been worked so indoor enthusiasts can have access. But these guys are true the make sure they try to also offer to you the same opportunitys they had. And will have offerings so of blank canvass so so you can start the work from a different perspective. These guys are preservationists and hold land races that they encourage you to work! If as with most people not enough hours in day they say hey I’ve got something I’ve worked for the modern problems

7 Likes

Mike seems to be a stand-up guy, I got plans to use 2-3 banks. Joti, Peak and @BogSeeds

Even though they’re econo priced, i believe to be outstanding varietals.

8 Likes

Unfortunately :pensive: veryone is on the breeding of the so called “elites” which are not elites by a long shot.
EVERYONE is hunting males for a tinge of originality.
That’s the only difference of all this watered down shit.
Unless your a holder of seeds that was made before 2010 or before, this is the bullshit in your collections.
AND it will get worse

8 Likes

Regarding seed bank I still have sensible seeds already used several and really seed bank I get sensible as a company that sells seeds from other companies which is what I consider the term seedbank personally I separate them into categories breeders and seed bank great lake and james bean and a few others sell breeders things since the vast majority sells god knows what seldom finds good things are just names but who sells it is not their fault as they only resell a product the question is the price / shipping / service.
It is not from today that I hear that there is a big company in morocco that pack all the seeds for the brands just changes the packaging just look at companies like tiger one anyone can be seedbank and resell or do as barney’s farm does that is buy cuts champions and make feminized, can repair seed bank only has feminized and self, already breeders work with regulars and generally the things they sell rarely disappoint as an example @BogSeeds, bodhi, ace, karma these are just the ones i know i know there are many others even here in the forum, there are also some breeders who have their own site but these are not seed bank either the own ACE that owns your site, but the owner that dubi is breeder and the good he always responds in the forum ICmag and describes very well his crosses and if you post the picture he tells you which phenotype is your plant, karma also sometimes appears in ic mag so there are companies we can trust is kinda relative already and most of them only resell it is not their fault either they do not even know what is inside the package so you have to evaluate service / price / shipping / form of payment.
Personally I prefer to buy direct with breeder when possible or where breeder indicates as official dealer to ensure that it is what I intend with my next purchases that is ACE and @BogSeeds that do not ship to Brazil.

1 Like

PeakSeedsBC is great! I’ve grown almost every strain he has to offer except pure blueberry and Texada Timewarp x NL. Still got a bunch of his stuff in my stash waiting for the future and that’s where the C99 I used for my C99 hybrids came from.

The Skunkberry is one of my favorite alltime smokes. Best high from that strain. It’s quite nitrogen sensitive which comes from the Blueberry side so take caution for clawing on the Blueberry, I’d expect the same thing from the pure line.

:100: MikeJ knows his shit.

6 Likes

Dronkers deserves some credit and thanks for all the kind words. We also have a bulk seed rate for larger growers. Bog

11 Likes

I agree, at least for breeders in the US. However, Spanish breeders have done some really great stuff in recent years. Bodhi also has some interesting stuff from more uncommon sources… and I think his market shows how hungry people are getting for something different.

There’s pockets of breeders out there doing interesting stuff, but anything in dispensary circles and more commercial enterprises in the US is fairly played out. I think the time is pretty ripe to go back to the well and start working stuff from landrace distributors like RSC and the Landrace Team.

11 Likes

Most of the breeders are using Spain as an assembly line. Ahh no Thanks and it’s a very big percentage.

3 Likes

Not always – case in point, your own Mazar. I think it depends a lot on the source, and how the landrace is used. Hash drug cultivars are not so low percentage as ones originating from mixed use seed/fiber locations. How many Afghanis are circulating right now from just a couple seeds recovered from the Hippie trail or brought back by soldiers?

It’s work, for sure, but new genetics have to come from somewhere and it sure as hell isn’t going to be the commercial industry. Everyone expects all bud to look like a Kush. Sativas aren’t commercially viable to begin with, so throw that all away. What are you really left with? Money is driving us into monoculture just like our food. If you want to see where weed will end up 10-20 years from now, look at the bananas in the grocery store.

8 Likes

I Love these Guys, and George is the Best, Jack is sunning himself and taking it easy.
I have used The Vault for quite some time now and not once a problem, They are Aces in my Book.
Use George 10 or Stiggy11 for an extra 1 % off his 10% LOL.
I am only a Happy Customer and friend. Thanks Guys you have always done a great job for the Stig.

7 Likes

The trouble is there are no new genetics, what new landrace that has never been seen before has been introduced. Anything made unless it remains pure, are nothing but hybrids.
Hybrids are being made and it all gets bottlenecked down over the years. It’s always going to come down to source and authenticity.
But were talking authentic landrace not an assembly line which over 50% of the professional breeders use and they’re hybrids.
They can’t keep up with supply and demand and have to outsource. It maybe their genetics but not the same breeding standards by no means.

3 Likes

You bring up SB as being nitrogen sensitive…

Could you expand on what exactly you mean by that and while your at it how many weeks of flower you let it run?

Cheers

3 Likes

She will show classic signs of nitrogen toxicity in flower if you don’t go very light right from the beginning of flower. (deep dark green leaves that claw downward) I feed pretty light in general compared to most and I drop my nitrogen by a good bit on day 14F routinely and she still doesn’t like it. I still haven’t dialed her in. I’ll have to try again here in the future.

Every time she gives the most beautiful colorful flowers covered in big juicy resin glands that give a wonderful warm euphoric stress free high that feels like drinking a warm cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows from grandma on a cold canadian winter day after coming inside with frozen toes and nose from tobogganing as a child . LMAO not even exaggerating. :grin: I can’t imagine if I had her dialed in perfectly.

I’ve taken them at 9 weeks every time. They might benefit from 10.

13 Likes

I hope my SB turns out at least half as nice as your description and picture…

4 Likes

Yum yum, that looks so nice, it’s almost like sugared candy.

4 Likes

Yes you’re right. That is also going on – but the Spanish breeders I was thinking of are folks like CBG and Ace, making pure inbred landrace lines. To me, this is the first step in keeping any unique landrace genetics around for years to come. IMO making landrace lines that are stable, acclimatized and attractive to growers is the only way they’ll stick around. And while the breeding process will bottleneck out a lot of the genetic variation, at least we’ll have prime examples of what those plants were like. They also have released to the market the only original un-watered versions of haze that I’m aware of.

There are new genetics (at least new to the West) out there. I have recently acquired Iranian seeds through the landrace team. I also have some from Lesotho, and there are many many Himalayan cultivars that haven’t yet been acclimatized, or have been through a selective breeding process. Some African countries as well.

But what I don’t see being done very often is that kind of acclimatization and selective breeding. How else will anything really “new” be created, if nobody is starting from unworked landrace genetics? More and more, I think the most valuable breeding work that can be done is to acclimatize a landrace. It’s tough to make a living at it, sucks to grow until you bottleneck out a lot of the unwanted stuff, and probably isn’t too much market for it. It has to start with the hobbyists like us.

I agree with most of what you’re talking about. What I think is most unfortunate is that availability of new genetics is higher than it’s ever been, but not many people are doing much with them. I mean, it totally makes sense to me, but it’s crazy to see the landraces just slipping away right in front of us.

10 Likes

Boys your homie Dale here this is jacked. Trying to buy seeds on a laptop fingers crossed on both hands, x-files poster on the wall saying “I WANT TO BELIEVE”.

Seed companies, how did you let it get like this though?

Show me an advert for a seed that claims it has been tested under 20% Thc. Nothing does anymore. Tested 100% germination success! Oh that’s good man great test.

Show me even a strain that has come out in the last five years that has more than one review under 4 stars?

Smoke any weed grown off autoflowering plant next to me as I smoke real weed and tell me you are actually high. I won’t hear you I will be past that already mug deep in an entire wedding cake I designed, got ingredients for, baked, put a bitch in, she jumped out it was great, all just so I can eat it slovenly in front of you and do this bit.

5 Likes