Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

After that, I might even eat some of the cake.

4 Likes

Figured I would chime in againā€¦my buddy reminded me of a couple flops we had.
Went to cannabis cup in the dam in 2011. Walking around the expo, we ran into some fellow canadians (many actually), but these guys were the BC Bud Depot crew. After talking grow stuff for a while we went back to their booth. They talked us into buying 2 new strains ā€˜the blackā€™ and ā€˜the purpā€™. It was sweet because the Canadian dollar was shit compared to the euro, so we were happy they would take payment in Canadian dollars.
Got home a week later (yes, smuggled the seeds across international borders (Amsterdam to Denver to Calgary to Winnipegā€¦Fuhkin brutal plane ride home) and we germinated, planted, grew and flowed everything outā€¦shitā€¦it was all shitā€¦no dark colorsā€¦at very best they could call ā€˜the purpsā€™ ā€˜the somewhat dark greenā€™.

Anywayā€¦long story a bit longer, garbage, made me disappointed that these guys were at the cannabis cup pushing their bunk seeds with a Canadian flag hanging at their booth.

-end

10 Likes

I may not have understood the statement but ace strains are usually tested some are less than 20% thc / thca:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/new-strains/greenhondurashazestd.html

5 Likes

Hi Buddy,

just seeing this now as I have been away for a few days.

We recently launched a new version of our site to sort out the slow speeds we had before and it is much quicker but we are having a couple of issues with stock accuracy that we are working on, this will be sorted very soon as well though and we will be bang up to date again (also adding tons more recent breeder stock )additions

for the freebies you can choose your own from some the main breeders when in the cart but drop me an email or give me a call when your ready to order and I am sure we can help out and get you a good order put together :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hi Bud,

as per my previous reply we are just sorting out some stock issues with the live site, making sure the instock / out of stock is correct and removing some strains that are no longer available etc so it will be all correct again soon

2 Likes

So that is a ā€œnoā€, George if you got these let me know. dibbs

3 Likes

following on the previous replies i just posted

yes, we are adding in a lot more of the breeders special offers like buy 1 get 1 free, this will be fully updated over the next few weeks

I am super confident though that we will then have ALL the breeder deals!

2 Likes

hi Bud,

As mentioned in my replies above we are now sorting out the live stock on our site.

as part of this process we are also removing 15 or so breeders from our site following some quality issues. I can assure you that The Vault Cannabis Seeds Store listens to feedback and we will only work with quality breeders, if we get too many reports of bad seeds and issues we are now going to stop working with those breeders

7 Likes

Sensi Seeds. Been going a good old while pretty reliable bank IMHO had multiple strains from them so have my friends they sell mostly below 20% THC so last I grew from them was pure power plant automatic and they claim a 16% THC on it I smoke stardawg most days and I thought it was good shit. Then prior to that I grew some of the purple bud photos again below 20% THC claim and nice weed.

Different banks try to entice people to buy by advertising 25% THC strains this site is a prime example of what scams look like. Do NOT buy from here :rofl:

My advice for finding a trustworthy place is to look around here on this thread. Funny as @George_The_Vault just posted above but Vault do international shipping and theyā€™re a regular on OG. If youā€™re stateside @BogSeeds has been doing his thing for a while so from what I hear his lines are super stable and provide quality marihuana. There are a few others but most here are on instagram as breeders selling seeds.

3 Likes

The Vault offer guaranteed delivery to most places (so long as tracking is available in the target country) this includes USA, Canada etc.

So if its lost in the post, or stopped at customs we will resend your order for free!

We are so confident in our own shipping etc. we take all the risk so our customers dont have to!

4 Likes

honest answer just now is i am not sure, if you check the site in a few days it should be all done or drop me an email to george@cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk and i will either have them or i will see about adding them

apologies that this reply is short of usual clarity on such things but its all a little bit hectic for me just now whilst we work through these updates but once we are done, our site will be so much better :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You are one of the most sensible dudes. I like to experiment, but K believe in the preservation of a wonderful line. I would rather preserve the original, then tweak it if I so choose. Maybe thatā€™s stupid, but when someone is looking for a particular we can pull it out and make more. I need to come check your threads out. I like your straight forwarders. Thanks for the link. Those SBā€™s look awesome. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

The ones Iā€™m after are discontinued lines @George_The_Vault.
If you have those, boy Iā€™d be in pig heaven

2 Likes

Think this BMS run will be next on the list, Anyone have any BMS f1 or 2 to contribute, give ya fist back.

2 Likes

K I think the other way round but I spose chicken n egg. As long as we realise what we are referring to donā€™t see a problem? Early eighties a recovering heroin addict in Australia took advantage of his Dutch duel nationality, and a push by the Dutch government to rehabilitate there citizens who where caught up in the seventies epidemic. This individuals name was Neville shoemakers.
Around 1985 an American landed in Amsterdam after a bust in or around Santa Cruz ( my memory is hazy I would have to revise I may be confused with San Diego but donā€™t think so). The bust was against a collective of growers that hail back to the late 1930ā€™s a response to anslingers criminalisation of a medicine known until then in the good ol US of A, as cannabis Americana.
Over night a smear campaign was started by anslinger the fiancƩ of a daughter of the DuPont family.
The DuPont family held extreme investment in the American lumber industry.
It was emerging that hemp was a renewable resource. Where trees can take thirty years to mature and with species like the giant redwood and even oak living for hundreds if not more years.
Hemp can provide up to four crops a year severely damaging these oligarchs monopolies.
It is wise to take note that shortly after the prohibition of cannabis ( now relabelled under the Spanish name of marijuana to take advantage of racial tensions) world war 2 started. Need to revise my history but within a couple of years ( could be pre pearl harbour as America was preparing for confrontation and was gearing up its industrial Goliath) hemp was required to be grown with I think penalties if you donā€™t allocate enough land to production of hemp.
Henry the eighth of England had similar laws requiring that hemp was to be grown mandatory with penalties if this did not happen.
all ships rigging and sails were produced from hemp at these times. And ships from oak Whitch was also was mandatory to allot grow space.
Around the same time as the DuPonts the Rockefellers were courting the arabs for the control of the the twentieth centuryā€™s new resource, a substance that is made from many thousands of years even millions of years of decomposition of life on this planet!
At this point I hear you say whatā€™s the problem.
This is where you need to understand that otmar diesel the German guy who invented the Diesel engine, made his engine to run from ethanol produced from vegetable seed ( hemp seed being the most economical).
Not long after the well known bigot Henry ford designed his model t made from hemp designed to run off ethanol made from hemp in his back yard!!!
In this day and age the greed of a few has poisoned your little ones lungs destroyed the atmosphere, and is pushed on you in tax and guilt that you must pay for the environmental problems itā€™s caused!!!
Wake up world?
Back on topic the American that landed in Amsterdam with thousands of prime American cannabis genetics kept between enthusiasts (even resistance movement?) since prohabition.
Found itā€™s way into the hands of former patrons of this very reputable site.
Then came a period of doubt.
But we will go back to the guy who appeared in holland with lots of seeds from the sacred seeds bust looking to link.
He became friends with Neville and agreed to sell him seeds as he did with a lot of the underground Dutch seen of the time.
Some of these strains consisted of skunk one and haze dating from around 65 maybe 66 to not sure werenā€™t past early seventies? With the Ines labelled 1969 being the the stock where haze a and c where found I believe.
Nev then started a company helped with the support of the Dutch government I believe as rehabilitation, this company was called THE SEEDBANK!!
There were no resellers then except back alley Ones.
This is why to me the guy that works it has more claim as Seedbank than a company set up as a vendor?
An original member of overgrow recently appeared and I asked him for his version of went on never replied, when I asked him about the guy who landed with the suitcase full of beans. And his friend who I actually quite like his information has been a beacon!
I asked about hortipharm the selling of stock to gm pharmaceutical a U.K. Based firm. Gm pharmaceutical suplied Canadian medical marijuana in the form of Sativex!
We have multiple petitions in this country for the home office to allow children who could die from severe epilepsy.
I think our title as the biggest producer and exporter of medical cannabis has now been eclipsed? While desperate mothers in this country fight to stay out of prison for caring for there young!!! This ainā€™t right!!

2 Likes

Yeah go t your back there bro.
And itā€™s half a dozen of this and half six of the other.
Who I call my favourite breeder, says heā€™s not a breeder(I agree) but he has a love!
And good stock.
To breed itā€™s an idea first to start with two established lines. These in general breeding start as land races or heirlooms or in bred lines. In these plants you find one allele ( donā€™t know how to explain this but itā€™s like the genetic code sort of the same way populations in plants or even humans have large populations but are still keeping a common core code) the same difference we see in human races that have formed in segregation i.e. A subject from Han Chinese is a land race when compared to a western African subject who for clarity we explain as another land race?( itā€™s complicated Iā€™m struggling to give a feasible comparison as humans arenā€™t best comparison your probably better comprising dogs!
Iā€™m starting to understand some of the concept but you must realise Iā€™ve not finished research yet.
If you take two totally unrelated in bred lines and combine there is a chance of gaining two alleles which gives what we call hybrid vigour! Iā€™m gonna stop here as Iā€™m gonna get shot down refer to Mendel law which is a little out dated but allows you to focus on desired traits! Iā€™m only the sorcerers apprentice and feel Iā€™m digging myself a hole. Although I get Ab aB and other equations Iā€™m out of my depth here lol

1 Like

What was the chick that renounced emery Michele something? She was cosy but laid him bare like a Weinstein character. She had chrones disease and said about him giving girl 2cb to make em horny?

They were helpful when I rang and a member even called me. I will not commit myself yet as the discount took me to about the same price as competitors, I was offered 3 free seeds instead of one.
Iā€™ve not done my final calculations of how stingy I am yet but believe me Iā€™m anyoneā€™s whore.
Iā€™m on a lock down of a strain that I had put off buying in hope it that I was prioritising.
The finding of strains that I thought I could get put me into panic buy mode I even rung phone company to take block off phone so I could call America to lock this strain down!
I panicked so much I didnā€™t see it was available at another uk vendor.
Iā€™ve since come to senses as have to rob peter to pay Paul.
But if you can offer me freebies from the same breeder? I trust this guys work and if the price is competitive? Iā€™d except any strain as long as long as kept viable.And if itā€™s at around the same price as competitors Iā€™d accept paying slightly more if the freebies are right? I run tight shift small space, our clubs smaller than my garden shed!
You see at my club where we sit altogether and look at Our collection of souvenir seeds under the shared microscope ( we can only afford one at the club we try to focus more on the seeds) but itā€™s like keeping up with the jonesā€™es!
So donā€™t matter if margins Are similar give me what I can use? I will look but Iā€™ve got freebies in fridge Iā€™ll never use, let me know competitor Iā€™m gonna find the money from somewhere. If so Iā€™ll pm you?

2 Likes

I could see that a few years ago when I started using American breeders. You got some boom over there. Cannabis is an outcrossing plant it helps that everyone keeps there little pockets or valleys I would like to think? I used to grow a lot of feminised I try not to now. Horses for courses at the time.
I worry now about the Y chromosome being left out?
Iā€™m not sure if this is unfounded or not?
But if I know a coup will be thwarted my having access to natural genetics in an emergency Iā€™m happier :smirk:

2 Likes

I sent freebiesā€¦ Bog

5 Likes