Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Seedsman but stay away from cali connection

2 Likes

Would only get some of the older more landracy lines from seedsman
Theyā€™re trying to sell dosidos cake like crosses now and from what Iā€™ve seenā€¦ not so great
BOG, Bodhi. StrayFox, DocD, Karma, Red Scare, LED Seeds from here, DJ Short and his son J.B.Old World Genetics, Relentless and Grindhouse (both on seedbay atm), La Plata, and many others.
Donā€™t hesitate to ask bc Iā€™ll give you a rundown on most Iā€™ve seen around. There is a great handful of great breeders out there, but so many that breed with things that arenā€™t 100% what they say they are. Usually stick with people that breed with strains that they would actually have access to (at least in clone only form. I wouldnā€™t get an SFV OG cross from someone in the U.K. if I could get it from a reputable breeder on the west coast just bc theyā€™re more likely to have the original cut. But that isnā€™t always the case either)

9 Likes

Some of the very rare stuff like Chimera gear is worth the risk for me.

The Dolce, C+, Congolese x Sweet Skunk, and many others I really just couldnā€™t pass on. Those are just so flavorful and the effect they carry is really something rarely ever found anymore. I feel like I have the duty to now either F2 or outcross all of them in ways that really highlight the gear, or pass them to folks that can. I mean Dolceā€¦ wow. Itā€™s really one of a kind. One of my favorite smokes of all time. Made some crosses with it way back when I first started pollen chucking and no longer have those. Truly tropical sharp candy sour fruit punch and haze and grapefruit and berriesā€¦ the smell of the smoke is something that always turns peopleā€™s heads when at a concert or something. The incense haze too. And Congoleseā€¦ all of those IMO are the ultimate concert herbs. Happy, creative, up, energetic, and very anti-depressant.

Anywayā€¦ rant over

Hope everyone is well
Swampy

18 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Breeders shipping from within the US

3 posts were split to a new topic: Canadian Seedbanks and sellers

Iā€™m wondering if all seed banks only do bitcoin and money orders. Is there one in the US that I can just use my card?

2 Likes

Some do PayPal

1 Like

Could you recommend a few?

1 Like

Looking for a really easy website that I can get seeds from. Plz if you know of a few let me know thanks!!

2 Likes

Check out the seedbank category:

https://overgrow.com/c/breeders-lab/seedbanks/39

Youā€™ll find what youā€™re seeking in there.

1 Like

Itā€™s very important to be extremely discreet when using PayPal cause once PayPal realises itā€™s for seeds they shut down the account and keep the money itā€™s why so few use PayPal so donā€™t put seeds or anything really in the note section of PayPal

Money orders take more time but are pretty damn reliable as is cash and if your worried have it tracked

I donā€™t do credit cards cause of shady 3rd party processors

And I really have zero interest in crypto but if you know how to do that I would go that route they almost all have discounts or extra freebies for crypto

6 Likes

Jbcseeds will do paypal. Select alternative payment method at checkout. Then email them with your order number stating you want to pay using paypal. They will email you a discreet invoice.

6 Likes

Want to keep it simple AND support a fellow Overgrower? Contact @BogSeeds here on OG. Although he does sell his seeds through a variety of distributors, he also makes them available to acquire directly from him for less than the seed banks charge - AND he will accept PayPal.

Hereā€™s the thing with getting your seeds directly from Bog: Once you contact him, he will send you his contact info and list of available seeds - but you wonā€™t be buying them, you will be making a donation. Donā€™t let this scare you, though - heā€™s as honest as they come. If he screwed anyone over, weā€™d all know about it, but he hasnā€™t, so your safe.

19 Likes

bog a sure bet

8 Likes

Seed cellar uses cash app that you canā€™t use a credit card. Cash app also has bitcoin. They are out of Jackson Michigan

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: DC Seed Exchange

Good day my fellow OG lovers So Iā€™m currently waiting on a rather large seed order/delivery from ā€œMSNLā€ located in the U.K. Also just to be clear; Iā€™m located in North Bay, Ontario Canada. I know, I knowā€¦ wtf am I doing ordering from so far away and out of country during these crazy times. And with a federal sentence on my record Iā€™ve been alil worried with customs! I figured Iā€™d share my story with you all. *So I placed an order back in April 2020. After a couple long homework/research sessions I settled on MSNL. *When first placed my order,
I messed up and ordered from 1 email and than paid through a different email. ** So that really threw a wrench in my time line. Worst part wasā€¦ I didnā€™t even realize it until a week or 2 later. So I emailed the company asking if things were good and whatever else & I have to admit; theyā€™ve been really good on the whole ā€œCUTOMER SERVICEā€ department. Theyā€™ve ALWAYS returned my emails rather promptly and never really left me hanging! Which to me means a lot. I respect that. Now just to be clear, I still have not received my order and itā€™s about a month and a half at this time and i was starting to get worried! So after another email i got a tracking number and today i got confirmation its at least in Canada now!
IF anyone reading this has heard about or know of any information on MSNL seedbank; Iā€™d love to hear about it. Or if you know of any other great seed banks with some killer genetics? Iā€™m all ears. Enjoy guys and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing some responses.

3 Likes

I have seen the website before, professional looking, reasonable selections but havenā€™t ordered from them.
Canada Post seems to be running extra slow on processing international mail these days but it will get there - eventually. At least you have a tracking number! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Iā€™ve ordered from them a couple of times. In my experience 4-6 weeks from Europe isnā€™t uncommon. MSNL has some great sales sometimes, and I agree about their customer service.

I ordered a BOGO of G13 Haze regs and was sent fems. I contacted MSNL, sent them a pic of the seeds, and they sent me out 2 new packs of regs no questions asked.

I donā€™t order a lot from Europe. MSNL and Seedsman are the only two euro-banks Iā€™ve ordered from.

7 Likes

Thatā€™sawesome! Iā€™m superhappy to hear that! Thxs for the input. Much love and respect from Canada.

3 Likes