Seed Harvesting Methods

Hey all. I just recently harvested seeds using a new method and it got me wondering about what everyone else does as far as harvesting seeds goes. Please post your methods and maybe what works/does not work.

Here’s my post showing the tools for my method.

10 Likes

Old school baby, I use a Frisbee

7 Likes

I used a medium hole-stamped sieve set inside of a larger wire basket sieve, and swirled that shit around like a gold panner. I also found that a light jet of air (at first my breath, then a compressed can of air) made quicker work of the sifting by blowing light leaf material out, while leaving behind heavier seed material.

4 Likes

Shoe box lid… :laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I hate my grinders, except to dry my seeds ^^

7 Likes

My best method is, I get a couple friends and give them weed to harvest seeds.

7 Likes

I dry it all up and crumble it then sift it on A tray with a lip. After removing all plant material, it only takes some more sifting. Then you got sorting. Nothing goes to the drying rack if it pops. Has to past a squeeze test. Then 3 week dry and store in a fridge.

3 Likes

IMG_20221122_091437_973

8 Likes

lil shopvac leaf blower action works good seen a friend do it and another guy on IG too, plant material in bucket , stir and blow the air on top towards bottom, it swirls and spits out plant, and get pl;ant material off the top

1 Like

I grow the shit and then give it to one of my older brothers. He breaks it up and rolls it into joints. Then he gives me back half the joints and all the seeds. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

I really love pigeonmans DIY vacuum seperator method. I plan to build one myself soon

5 Likes