Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

:drooling_face: Well you got my attention! I’ll sit back and learn. Sounds like you got it down to a t.

4 Likes

Woo nice I’ll be saving that info, let me know when you have sign ups for classes😁

3 Likes

Whelp, I hope after everything said and done we can at least learn just how DBHP grows, responds and multiplies as this simple approach is done…perhaps it can benefit someone in the long run

6 Likes

Sweet Jesus I think ya got your bases covered! Man you treat them like your babies! Lol

3 Likes

I was just reading your write up, do you actually test sugar content of the plant sap with a refractometer ?

2 Likes

When I garden like this, the soil is my baby so it can nurture and sustain life :wink:

3 Likes

Yup! Even have a lab grade microscope to see microbes to check if they are multiplying or declining :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I didn’t pick it up for this specific purpose as I simply kept it after nursing school many moons ago though it is an invaluable tool for my curious mind :wink:

6 Likes

Sweet another microscope user! Feel free to add to this thread anytime you like!

3 Likes

Or this thread as well need to post more pics in there!

2 Likes

The seeds made it!

The seedling mix I use is a bit different than most as I have to counteract the minerals in my well water…
22.5c Peat, 5c Perlite, 1/4c Kelp, 1/4c Lime

This is enough to make up 10 4" pots to get them through their 1st 3 wks

Well water ph

“soil” slurry ph

Perfect! I also made up a large batch of soil to fill a 20 gallon pot…

Here we have:
Base
5 gal Peat, 5gal Perlite

Minerals
2c Azomite, 3c Gypsum, 1c Greensand, 1/2c Langbeinite, 1c Zeolite

Micro life
2gal leaf mold/forest compost,

Microbe Food
1gal cold composted chicken manure, 2gal Earth Worm castings

Energy
8c Woodchar (collected ashes from burnt wood), 2c Kelp Meal, 1c Clamshell (boiled, baked and crushed), 1c Eggshells (boiled, baked and crushed), 2c Chicken Bones (boiled for 20 minutes and cooked outside on a charcoal grill for an hour then crushed)

Each part is mixed by input…Base, Minerals, Earth worm castings and Micro life with food

Then mixed together

And finally, dampened with 1gallon of water

This will sit partially covered to “simmer” inside until the LAB is done and Beneficial Micro Organisms are collected. Because the temp’s are dropping outside (55f days, 45f nights) local micro life is slowing down so it will probably be ~9-10 days before I have enough collected to add back into the soil after all this mixing

17 Likes

Maybe you’ll motivate me to actually use mine. Bought it and haven’t used it once. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Those totes are invaluable…winter gear, camping gear, mixing batches of soil lol etc. No need to find lids and they stack perfectly as long as you don’t overfill them.

The soil will hang out in it until the LAB is done then will need to go into its final place just before adding more micro life… We need to figure out if the seedlings will go into 1 3x3 bed or 9 3gallon pots over the next 3 wks

4 Likes

4" pots soaked in 1:10 bleach water for 30 minutes, washed, rinsed and dried/drying

All 10 seeds scuffed up

and now taking a 4 hr bath

14 Likes

Those are some good looking seeds, come on 10/10 germ!:+1:

5 Likes

Me and my pronouns :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Maybe I’ll use my refractometer that I bought, but have never used.

5 Likes

They are fun to play with… I don’t use mine as much as I probably should though definitely going to with this run - I wanna see the red sap!

5 Likes

Oh ya, we all do👍 glad you could be the breeder, it seems like the perfect fit😉

5 Likes

Alright! Seeds are done bathing and officially planted :stuck_out_tongue:

Just enough room right next to the almost vegging plants for my winter theme grows… ReikoX’s auto’s will go there once I get these guys underway - in ~2-3 wks. Its ghetto but it works!

19 Likes

Certainly looks like that! @MomOnTheRun you are the shyte! OMG, what kinda of prep, i am amazed.

I made me some FPJ and FFJ out of cannabis in both their respective phase for the nutes, like vegging leaves and branches for veggie juice and sprouts of flower and popcorn with flowering petioles and all for bloom.

LAB is great… I wanna do some organic too u know. Maybe in January will do a side by side this way.

Thanks!

Sci :robot:

7 Likes

I would love to do organic as well but damn if it doesn’t look time consuming and confusing.

@MomOnTheRun I’ll definitely be paying attention and taking lots of notes. :nerd_face:

5 Likes