Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

do you think the kitchen is too cold/hot? no sun in the arctic? :confused:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Whelp, we are currently getting ~5 1/2 hrs of overcast daylight and because I am a light lover, I had sad lights installed in each room of my house, have the alarm clocks that slowly light up and every fall, I replace all the bulbs with a mix of 50% daylight and 50% cool white to fight winter depressionā€¦I am a light lover so my kitchen and living room stays lit up from ~9am to ~8pm then they are just dimmed until ~10pm so lighting isnā€™t the issue.

Heat and humidity are my battlesā€¦heat because I prefer 60-65F while my boys prefer 70-80F so we try to keep the in floor heat between ~65F then itā€™ll spike up to ~80F when I cook dinner or if the boys want to hang out in their underwear under a blanket, theyā€™ll turn on my electric fireplace for additional short term heatā€¦constantly baking me so I am mostly in shorts and tshirt unless I have to go out. It seems right when I can get it stable, it warms up or cools down outside which also effects the inside temps

Ofc, this also effects my already low humidity so to combat that, I mist all my vining plants 3 days a week with plain water and invested into the 55 gallon turtle tank which is kept 1/4-1/2 full and vacuum daily with my Rainbow water filled vacuum

As you can imagine, heat and humidity is in constant fluctuationā€¦I can keep them more stable in my room and cabinets enough to be successful - its the rest of the house that is the challenge. A challenge I must periodically investigate so one day, I can have a few mothers as houseplants freeing up some more space in my more controlled environments

7 Likes

Give the savages a sweat-lodge outside while you maintain civilized comfort in the home :joy: :sweat_drops:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Iā€™m a 68 degrees kinda girl. Absolute perfection! :wink:

2 Likes

I have threatened to send them to the equator to fend for themselves a time or 3 lol

Right on! My son will be 18 in Marchā€¦just sayinā€™ :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Now that the big girl is moving into her 3rd week of flower, its time to top dress with insect frass. This is to help stimulate trichome production as it signals an auto immune response due to the chittin that becomes available as it breaks down. Now if I listened to the directions I would have added 4 cupsā€¦instead I added 1 cup and watered it in with the mineral drench

I need to get in there and remove all those leaves hanging low so her bottom half can be cleaner and just as happy as her top half

Meanwhile, Boy #1 is having a hard time adjusting

The boys seem to be more sensitive to moving and light changes than the girlsā€¦her clones are really taking off

Yes, I have Shaman in the middle for my marker to set boy #2 when the time comesā€¦the solo cups are for the challenge at GC: Red is feminized skunk #1 an Blue is Dr Mendo. The taller one is another girl cloneā€¦cut at the same time as these bigger ones. Getting her ready for feminizing so received the same treatment as the bonsai clones which are settling in real nice

The new cuttings from the girl look about ready to set roots

Boy #2 is starting to be a pain in my side wanting more water, more frequently definitely missing the blumats and needs another defoliation

Least boy #7 in the back is happy

I think that covers everyone in this update

14 Likes

What kind of minerals in that drench with the insect grass? Frass damn auto correct

5 Likes

The mineral drench has been the sameā€¦ every Monday: 2Tb mineral mix (Calcium Carbonate limestone, soft rock phosphate and gypsum), 1Tb barley sprouts, 1Tb liquid fish and 1 Tb potato starch water into 1 gallon of waterā€¦ next week she will receive her flowering cationic drench (diluted roasted eggshells in vinegar) on Monday and Friday then resume alternating Zhume + cal mag plus alternating with inferno until week 8 of flower

9 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! Iā€™ve gotten so much useful information from you that I canā€™t remember it all. Sure wish I had the sponge memory of my younger days. Alas, this middle-aged stoner has CRS.

4 Likes

No problem! This is getting so long that I need to recap from time to time :wink:

Yeah lol I wouldnā€™t remember if it werenā€™t for repeated grows and my notes for reminders

4 Likes

Why is you women like the fridged coldness

Nvm just pretend I didnā€™t say anything while a walk away swiftly

LoL

2 Likes

Its a legit question :wink: I can only speak for myself thoughā€¦my body is acclimated to the colder temps having lived here for the majority of my life so naturally produce more body heat and I have an auto immune disease that makes me more sensitiveā€¦when I get past the clammy stage, I get really confused unable to stay on task then iā€™ll start dry heaving just before I lose my hearing and start seeing black spots and pass out unless I can get my core temp down. It really sucks especially if/when the heat is combined with high humidityā€¦I literally cannot breath while my body tries to avoid going into shock though ya know, its not all that badā€¦lots of cuddle time with heat lovers helping to warm them up while I cool down :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Guess its the male vs female isusses wife has a hard time when warm or humid while my disks fibro arthritis and nerve problems need it even my neurologist said I need to stay around a stable 75-80 deg environment why Iā€™ve said I just need to live w the plants lol

4 Likes

Could beā€¦yeah if I had those issues I would live with the plants too

2 Likes

Whats your technique for doing root drench when using blumats?
Do you just try to catch em when theyre dry, do the drench, and the blumats will keep going as usual?
Thanks

3 Likes

I start by calibrating them to keep the soil just damp then turn them down 2-3 more notches so the soil dries out a bit more before releasing water again then its just about timingā€¦on average, the 1st drench is ~3-4 days after they are turned down then I keep it on the same day every week. If I forget drench day then I have to moisten the soil a bit 1st and if they are forgotten for more than a day, the carrots more often than not need to be recalibrated and start over as the soil will drain the carrots if it stays too dry

3 Likes

Ok thank you, I get most of that lol
You leave the carrots turned down if all goes well and your just root drenching once per week til the end of flower then?
Im fairly new to both amended soil and blumats so all help is appreciatedšŸ˜

3 Likes

You got it! For me, the only exception is the 2nd drench I do in the 4th week of flowerā€¦when I do this, I just give half a gallon instead of a full gallon :wink:

Some donā€™t use drenches going with water only with topdresses which works great too and others will run nutrients in the reservoir though I havenā€™t had any luck doing it that way as they clog up in my environment every time I try

5 Likes

Boy #1 decided to come out of his funk and shoot out some pollen sacks wanting to be as tall as Miss D :stuck_out_tongue:

The lovebirds are well on their way to baby making

Looking at the clones next door, I have decided to go ahead and flip them tomorrow instead of trimming then hold off a week which I can still do. I just wanted these ones to grow natural. donā€™t need any more clones at this time and they have reached my clear thumbtackā€¦this tells me I need to flip to allow 3xā€™s the stretch and since I donā€™t yet know what to expect, its best to be on the safe side and let them do their thing

The solo cup girls will stay in here until its time to put boy #2 inā€¦December 28th. At that time, Anesthesia and Peyote should be done in the little 2x3x4 qb120 (LED) cabinet so they can continue their flowering there. Though this girl here

Is getting topped then moved over to hang out with the boys and DBHP clones for a bit while waiting for the Jelly Pie girl in the micro-cabinet to be done. I hope the new girl clones will have set root in the next few days so I can use 1 to turn for feminized seeds starting the 23rd. If not, I have the one I have been setting up for a bonsai mom that I can useā€¦time will tell :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Looking good! Ooh fem seeds! Yes please! lol

3 Likes