I finally got around to removing the boy and tending to the girls....... I have been dreading it as its both messier and heartbreaking.....
After boy #2 is removed
Appears decent enough until we look below
It was like this on all the girls though this one (back left) was the worst. Individually, after removing all the dead/dying leaves.......
Altogether after their spray down of 1/2Tb peroxide and 1 Tb liquid fish on 4c water
Told ya it is heartbreaking though had to be done! Now they can concentrate on seed making instead of shedding what they cannot sustain Time to deal with the pollen collected......
Using an old appt reminder card, everything gets swept into a pile
Well as much as possible with the bumps and grooves on this saucer....don't be like e and use a cake tin or glass plate if you choose to try this Anyhow, as gently as I can, I brushed the tops of the pods away from the pollen and scooped it out
Doesn't look like much does it?
We'll see about that! Out comes the brushes! Starting with an old art brush....
Ending with an old paint brush......
Now that is taken care of, lets double it with cornstarch
Divide it into 1/3rd's....1 for each packet
Scooped up with the appt reminder card
Inserted into their own little baggies with a few pebbles of dessicant
and into the far back of the fridge to join his brothers collected pollen with a few more dessicant packs
Once I got cleaned up, I figured that I may as well tackle the plants in the veg area. Starting with boy #7
Lookin great with lots of new growth inside his canopy
So that's where I trimmed him down to and removed all lower growth as well as, the branches that crossed over other branches
Lookin sexy!!!! Lets see about the bonsai boys.....
I knew they were getting bushy though man! I really underestimated them while in the cabinet...should have done this sooner. Ah well, lets see how they look individually.....
Since the newly turned girl wilted due to root issues (non growth/dieback), I took an extra step and checked their roots to ensure all is well
Not bad! Not bad at all!
And here he is after his trim
boy #2's turn.....
Last but not least, Boy #7
I did the same to the girls though since I was making a selection of which clone to replace the wilted one with, I updated their progress in my micro thread
I even took the opportunity to clean up their area before putting them back in
What a night and day difference! damn! It feels good to look at them now