Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

I finally got around to mixing the Sodium Thiosulphate (STS) stock solutions with a 1:9 dilution for the 1st spray down and will keep progress noted in my micro cabinet journal

The big girl is busy making seeds filling up her seed pods

Also took the opportunity to check her brix readings

Not great though not bad either. The girls next door’s brix is just a bit higher

Boy #2’s readings are surprisingly the lowest as he transitions to flower

Can you see him?

8 Likes

You named him Waldo, right?

3 Likes

Now it is well til he grows up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Boy #2 is starting to come out of hiding getting more pronounced nestled in between the beauties

The girls are just about ready for pollination

Now I find myself wondering wtf happened to the trich production on these girls…their mom had lots of visible ones by this age :thinking: tempted to throw some insect frass at them though shouldn’t for a fair comparison of the doc buds kit just not used to seeing bare leaves at this point I suppose.

Meanwhile, momma is working hard at filling them pods starting to show a bit of a phosphorus deficiency

I’ll have to go through my amendments though I do believe I have some high P bat guano or maybe some bone meal…either will work though applied at different rates and probably won’t be available in time to do much before harvest unless I resort to a foliar which they’d probably love sitting at 15% humidity. On the other hand its not bad yet so she’ll probably be fine with a bit less water flowing through the blumat as that could do it as well so i’ll do that 1st then if it gets worse, i’ll resort to a quick foliar

12 Likes

Damn @MomOnTheRun! Is that brain heavy to carry around?

Love and Respect. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Sure until I try to remember something important then its all hot air Rofl!

3 Likes

@oleskool830 @MomOnTheRun lol that picture is epic because i was thinking the same thing mom is definitely the brains to the grow game i am not sure if you have a thread out there on being a master grower or what but i definitely need my self a copy of it and nutrients you use ! lolol

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, lots of reading with trial and error and not afraid to experiment if/when something isn’t quite right. Imho, the most important aspects are:

Great genetics - many are just poor producers no matter what one does
Decent medium - balanced nutrients given at the right times
20w/sq ft for veg, 40 w/sq ft for flower or close to it
60-70F lights off, 70-80F lights on - no more than a 12F difference between the 2
Exhale bags are awesome for 80-85F temps
Foliars for immediate change
Only aim to impress yourself
Don’t sweat the small stuff - remember by the time a problem is spotted, its been going on for awhile so it will take awhile (~4 days on average) before the correction is seen
Journals are awesome research tools: bush or tree, heavy or light feeder, minimal or triple stretch, training techniques etc
Learn plant communication - slightly droopy leaves at same time every day vs asking for water (stem and leaf droop) vs overwatered (just leaf droop); leaves curve (ph issue) vs leaf turn (too much light/not enough humidity) etc.
Mother Nature is the best teacher - watch how she tends to an area giving drought years vs lush years and how it changes the dynamics favoring one type of plant over another…slow and steady :wink:

Each environment has its own challenges so try to shoot for the basics then experiment from there to find what works for you…what works for me could be mildew hell for another

17 Likes

Ahhh the mentor. This lady knows her stuff. I will comment on my own experiences. Try to grow a single strain. It’s a nightmare catering and mixing nutrients multiple times when you could just do one feed

2 Likes

Bam! You just wrote the forward for oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge! Redux.

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

This is my fear when I think about organics on my potted mj. How long does this stuff take to work? I believe when I get the new outdoor beds installed it won’t be a problem as regular outdoor plants grow for like 6 months, but for my autos they would probably starve wouldn’t they?

1 Like

New soil almost always sucks…30 days is usually good for most amendments to break down in ~65-70f weather then its just tweaks here/there as the microbe life takes over. Like a fine wine, it takes time :wink:

6 Likes

That’s one reason soil mixes will have 6 million different ‘sources’ for nutrients is because of break down time

1 Like

Today is the day for the clones cationic drench

I gave 10 drops in 1 gallon water and will do so again on Thursday. Hopefully this’ll be enough to keep the p deficiency in check

Also looks like i’ll have to clean up their lowers again

I’ll wait though so I don’t have to disturb boy #2’s progress as he sets his flowers

8 Likes

@MomOnTheRun just copied the LITFA label instructions! :laughing: :point_down:

And basically eliminated 1/2 the grower’s guides out there… :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Boy #2 continuing to get his stretch on to tower over the girls becoming a manly man :stuck_out_tongue:

Stacking up nicely

Giving the girls an opportunity to really set their flowers before the pollen starts flying

17 Likes

Its been awhile since I showed the clones so here ya go…

The red bowl girl is for the microcabinet and just about ready to be cut back for a few more clones so when Big Momma is done, i’ll have 4 instead of 3 for that cabinet. Speaking of, Here is Big Momma:

I couldn’t resist plucking a couple pods to check the seeds progress

Top is from a lower bud and bottom is from an upper bud…getting there! I’ll check again in 2 wks :wink:

Last but not least, Boy #7 is still hanging in there

Getting bushy though still surviving :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

id like to add myself to the list for these if possible

2 Likes

It’s getting done, in two weeks you will have beautiful mature seeds
Congratulations!

2 Likes

Added! Just make sure either Sebring or myself gets your address so we can get you on the correct distributor list :wink:

Thank you!! I don’t know if I am more excited about Big Momma finally being done or the clones getting ready to be pollinated next door or the progress of feminizing in my micro cab…its all coming together :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes