Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

:blush: Er… umm… I have 2+ yards stored in my garage because it burns everything I tried it on except a medium sized landscaping tree.

I think a labratory test is what I need, because I’d like to use it. :rolling_eyes: The plan had been to make my soil mix with peat, perlite & that, but it’s “toxic”.

Even as a thin top-dressing it causes foliage to go pale on anything so far.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Thats a lot of soil.

I think your right… I would take 1 gallon of it and mix it to 5 gallons peat, 2 gallons perlite and 3 gallons garden soil then do a basic test to see what the numbers are and go from there

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure this one out with the pine in it I’d think it would over time bring it down the PH but that doesn’t seem to be the case here! I’m wondering if it’s something the horses have been ingesting that’s doing it? Is it fully composted did it ever give off heat?

1 Like

Run some tomato seeds in there when mixed and see how they do! With ph that high I’m wondering what gets locked out on that end of the spectrum might have to look up some charts!

3 Likes

It was 1-2 years old hot-composted. I’m gonna take some pics & think I need to stop hogging the thread here…already hijacked it. :smile:

1 Like

That is always a great idea when in doubt…at a ph of 9 I am sure everything is locked out

Your fine as we are discussing soil…my 20 gallons ain’t shit compared to your 2 yds lol It would be interesting to find out why the ph is so high and “toxic”. The only thing I can think of is maybe urea from the horse stall shavings combined with all the scraps so when microbes broke down the nitrogen sources your left with more ammonia as nitrates break down to nitrites then anions combine with weak acids, the ph increases… an anionic free for all with no or very little cations (minerals) to balance it out though that is just a guess

2 Likes

Getting a good stretch going on…should know the sexes in the next 3-4 days as they are starting to form now

The cuttings aren’t looking so hot so should have roots here pretty soon

Imho, all but #5 looks like they’ll make it though #4 looks pretty rough - time will tell as its only been 6 days since they were taken

12 Likes

I hope your clones start to recover soon, but I’m glad they’ll temper :hammer: people’s expectations for when they see my SSDD clones at day 6, later this week. They’re going to be a

:blush:

5 Likes

Your clones look really nice and healthy - idk about tempering expectations as some are easier to clone than others :stuck_out_tongue: I really don’t like to clone the main top as they are hit/miss for me though they are a great indicator of the difficulty in rooting so after sexing I know whether to take 2 or 6 per plant from my preferred area (lower growth)

3 Likes

Taking their sweet time in the gender reveal…

Number’s 1, 4 & 6 are rooted, #5 rotted out so removed it …#'s 2, 3 & 7 look to have nice root buds forming though could go either way at this point. All in all not bad especially seeing how they had a rough start for their 1st 2 days from being cut

7 Likes

Its been awhile since I posted individual pictures of the plants and also got clearer pictures of sex organs on #'s 1, 2 and 5 - all of which I am confident that are all boys…

Day 37 for #'s 1 - 3

Day 36 for #'s 4 - 6

Day 29 for # 7

All the plants just received a foliar of 1/2Tb copper sulfate pentahydrate to 8c (1/2 gallon) water per soil test as is so I expect their coloration to change to more of a blue-green (turquoise) color in the next few days as they absorb the copper - how much? idk though I sprayed heavily as copper is pretty much immobile and largely responsible for holding up sexing

When lights come back on at midnight, I am going to move the confirmed known males (1, 2 & 5) into the other 3x3x8 cabinet to get them back to veg and give me more room to work with them… I ran out of funds replacing my van’s starter, the household washer, dryer and helping my daughter get winter tires - thankfully we get a check for mineral rights (Ak PFD) in the next week so it’ll be a couple weeks before the 400w hid gets converted to a 315w cmh with a conversion kit and now with plants going in there, painting will have to wait til maybe next summer - not ideal though will have to do

8 Likes

They loved the copper tea! just what they needed…

Number’s 1, 2 and 5 are officially moved over to the hid cabinet…

Leaving the unconfirmed 3, 4, 6 and 7…

Just before lights out, I will wash the excess copper off of their leaves and let them settle for a day or 2

6 Likes

Soooo I couldn’t get all the copper spray off and tore a few leaves in the process before I said screw it…

Boys: 1, 2 & 5

Undecided’s: 3, 4, 6 & 7

Still waiting for pistils to confirm girls though getting closer…

8 Likes

Those numbers 3 and 7 are looking fairly female. And with number 1 already confirmed male it would seem luck is on our side.

1 Like

4 looks like it’s giving us the middle finger :laughing:

4 Likes

Yup! So we could do 3 & 7 with 1 in one cabinet and 3 & 7 with 2 in the other for this 1st round. I have to get the soil remixed and sent off to IAG which I will start tomorrow with #'s 1, 2 & 5 adding 18 gallons of soil to these for a 1:3 dilution

ROFL! Kinda is huh? lol

2 Likes

Very interesting journal. Unfortunately haven’t read through fully as I found it on my way into work. However I will be reading through it tonight when I get home. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you! There is a lot of info doing this from scratch with some things being changed along the way…feel free to ask any questions and i’ll do my best to answer them or someone else can chime in :wink:

On a holding pattern at the moment…remixing soil today, send off another test tomorrow for results in ~2 wks, return plants to veg once pistils seen on girls, convert hid to cmh, restart weekly foliars (soft rock phosphate, limestone chalk and gypsum) to build sap again, take brix readings while we wait for the soil test and get serious with taking clones from only the keepers which looks like 1,2,3,7 and possibly 4.

4 Likes

:smile: …it’s like the opposite of humans. :joy:

those early females all turned out to be boys for me this year.

1 Like

Lol…least with humans sex can be seen from day 1 though what they do with it comes later :stuck_out_tongue:

I have had a few I swore were girls based on shape… got rid of all but 1 then kicked myself finding it was a boy so from then on, I have to see at least a pistil emerging otherwise I mind fuck myself and that is never a good sign in all my planning and prep lol

5 Likes