Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Whelp, I hate to break the news but #6 is now a confirmed male…

Number 7 is starting to look male as well though not quite ready to write it off yet…

And here is their current state

A bit later today I will move #'s 2 & 6 over to the hid (male) cabinet and have a look around to see if can find another pack of seeds just in case #3 decides to be male as well…anyone have any leads?

2 Likes

That’d be super unlucky if they are ALL Males! :anguished:

2 Likes

Come on Number 3! You are a large plant labia, you can do it!

5 Likes

Hey I’ll take it! Even though as a woman, I can tell you, it’s a crock of shit. lol I have no kids and never wanted any, not sure I have ever been the nurturing type. Some people are born with a green thumb, and some of us (like me) have to learn it. Sitting here wishing being a woman was an advantage in growing…but you can keep thinking that, a little mystery never hurt anyone! :wink:

5 Likes

i’m tempted to quote comedian Chris Rock but that could get me in hot water so please take a compliment… :laughing: (compliments and shoes)

:smirk: SMASH!

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Number 7 decided to fully show

Leaving #3 the last chance for a girl from these seeds

Lets look at the texture and stats of the remixed soil

I don’t know which is more depressing lol Good thing I only remixed 3 of the 7 pots just in case it went south as I know there is a lot of sand in all that clay type soil…now to see what the lab says in a couple of weeks while waiting for confirmation on #3

8 Likes

oh boy, oh boy, oh bother. Seeing that the preflower has progressed so far without throwing a style… :pensive:

What’s the plan if she turns out to be a he?

2 Likes

Yeah and I don’t like that extra tip #3 has tacked on…probably a male as well (((sigh)))

Whelp I thought about it and seems to me that the best 3 males need to be kept…clone and be kept as bonsai fathers in 2qt pots while finding another pack of DBHP seeds to look for a girl or 5 lol

5 Likes

Would you be interested in donating some pollen?

3 Likes

Is that 1200ppm runoff and a boat-load of sand? :confused:

I’m just now wondering about how they took your test sample & then recommended mixing it with “untested” native soil. :thinking: Hrmm.

Before I moved to where I am, my dad told me I could “grow anything” here. That sounded great to me after having been in coastal adobe Xeranth soil for my life. But reality is not what he claimed. The dirt is awful & the summers & winters are harsh(-ish…c’mon, i’m a californio :blush:, 50F is cold). I found the USDA soil map tool thingabmabob & determined my dirt is Officially “unsuitable for agriculture” or much else. It’s called “Fine, mixed, thermic Abruptic Durixeralfs”. :laughing:

I miss “Alf”. :alien: :monkey_face:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Omg what a total bummer… That final one looks male too:… that is sooooo unlucky

4 Likes

Keeping fingers crossed but #3 looking like a miniature version of #7

2 Likes

Didn’t I say I could be wrong on sex?

Fuck yeah!!! Phew, what a nail biter! I am so relieved we have a girl! Now to let her get big and beautiful and mass clone her! Had to be the missing micro-nutrients slowing down sexing so I went through all of my gardening supplies and found a bottle of plant starter

To this I can add copper for bimonthly treatments…I don’t like they are EDTA derived though better than transplanting into the remixed very sandy soil though the boys aren’t doing too bad in it

We’ll decide when the new soil test comes in :wink: No, I haven’t moved the other boys over yet as its a pia to move 1 at a time and was looking like they were all males which in that case it would have been pointless though now we know its not all doom and gloom :stuck_out_tongue:

For now lets decide on 3 males to keep and eliminate the rest. This will allow 1 male per 3x3 cabinet with 1 male in the 2x3 veg area to alternate…I know I am going to match her up with #1 and #2 for sure which leaves
Bleeder with its weird growth #7 or Non bleeder #4, 5 or 6 to choose from.

9 Likes

Sure …if its one we don’t keep, I can trim him down to squeeze into the micro cabinet and collect in ~3-4 wks though if its one we do keep, i’ll clone him and let him cycle through after Jelly Pie is done in ~10-12 wks :wink:

3 Likes

Yup which is why I like to mix my own soil though it can’t be all that bad as I had to fight the tree roots to get as much as I did

It does make one wonder though they are the scientists and are damn good at their jobs… the goal was/is to cut back the heavy amount of nutrients and that it did so we’ll see

I hear ya. Many believe Ak has the best soil in the country and it may have in some parts though as we know it can change from area to area …I think its more our long daylight hrs as even master gardeners mix their own soil knowing its hit/miss

7 Likes

Wow she threw that pistil pretty quickly!Betcha you were doing your happy dance when ya scoped that one!

4 Likes

I did! lol :stuck_out_tongue: Had to have seen the very start of it with yesterdays pic so she had a good 24hrs to throw it all the way out…even took a couple other shots to make sure

7 Likes

I think I figured out how to do the polls…

So which will be the 3rd male to keep?

• 4 non bleeder wounded during fan installation
  • 5 non bleeder
  • 6 non bleeder with weird growth
  • 7 bleeder with weird growth

0 voters

Do over for the poll now their weekly growth is recapped and I should have added a none option

5 Likes

But but… I want more pics to vote…

5 Likes

Is the female a bleeder??

Edit: found the post where you showed us. She’s a bleeder!

4 Likes