Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

I have been watching Miss DBHP for signs of growing again

Is it just me or that leaf (I am holding back) in the last pic looks like a hand?

Anyway, seeing she is finally throwing out new growth, its time to remove her pom pom leaves so she now has a new look and able to receive more light returning to veg

Her clones have also made themselves at home in their 4" pots

Now to focus on taming back the boys over the next few days

:stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

OMG, Boys Gone Wild!!! LOL, they look like they’re roaring to go.

7 Likes

I know!! Crazy! They seem to be holding true to the stereotype that boys grow bigger and bushier if given the opportunity…wish the girl would hurry up lol :thinking: I am going to have to severely cut the boys back like on the brink of death so I can fit all 3 in the 2x3x4 “veg for now” cabinet so I can get the girls clones into the soil…well after I put the soil into a more fitting 2x3 fabric pot :thinking: giving myself until the 24th to figure it out though looks like I will be having a 6th cabinet after all :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

7 Likes

It’s giving you a high five man! Can’t you see!? LOL

5 Likes

or swatting my finger telling me to back away rofl!

5 Likes

The boys all received different haircuts in varying degrees and not to the brink of death I was threatening…

Before

Boy #7
This boy will be in veg the longest (~March) so his haircut needed to be more severe though have to be careful to not overdo t and shock him too much. In order to do this, no more than 30% of overall growth is to be removed going from 24" to 16"

Clean up his lowers

Trim and clean up his upper spikes

Final

Everything removed

Next up is Boy #1
This boy will be flowered 1st (December) so he received the least amount of trimming…1st removed all leaves with red stems

Cleaned up his lower growth to open him up more

I found 1 leaf that had completely curled in on itself

Now to lightly sculpt

Everything removed

Boy #2
He won’t be flowering for awhile yet (~January) though will be in veg longer than #1 but less than #7 so his haircut was done moderately and will probably need it again in a month to help him branch out more…

Tie him back to get to the lower branches easier removing all inner branches in the bottom 1/3

Released and went through each remaining branch to trim 2" off the top and found a single curled up leaf like on boy #1

Everything removed

I didn’t take note of which plant these pictures came from but here is a couple more “bleeding” shots

Now to reveal the boys’ new look

10 Likes

so what was your process here, you selected the best female and best 3 males to do an open pollination or something? how did you select?? (sorry im sure its up there somewhere but its a long thread lol)

3 Likes

No worries. Out of 7 that sprouted, 6 were males…3 red sap and 3 green sap :stuck_out_tongue: I really liked the growth and structure on #1 and 2 (plus they have red sap) so I was keeping them then did a poll to let members decide which would be the 3rd male to keep and tossed the rest

7 Likes

Oh then I decided to reveg the only girl to let her branch out and take more clones from her…so far I have 6 - 1 will become a bonsai mom… 1 clone from each boy will also be kept in bonsai fashion. So my projected timeline is:

6 Likes

wow taking the time to sit down and actually plan out a timeline … that’s a smart idea, probably efficient too …

5 Likes

I try to pre plan though it only works if its followed and everything goes smoothly… Miss girly girl is regrowing now and looks better after her light defoliation the other day and will receive another one in a few days to get rid of the older red leaves

Unfortunately, she won’t have enough new growth by the 16th to take a few more clones though I have already pushed her back twice now so the 16th it is and we’ll just call it stress testing :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Have you tasted the ‘blood’ yet? :japanese_ogre:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

@cannabissequoia Dude, great question. @MomOnTheRun Would you do me a quick favor if you remember, next time you cut a plant and it bleeds. Would you collect a little drop of the red sap on the side of your knife and let it dry.

Only plant I’ve seen “bleed” before, left a waxy residue that looked like a crayon drawing on the knife I was cutting clones with. I don’t know that there would be a benefit to knowing the result, but it might be an interesting result.

5 Likes

No…I know its just colored sap, just can’t bring myself to taste it - call me chicken though it is what it is lol Perhaps one of these days i’ll get the courage up and say screw it :wink:

Sure…I did have some dry on my hand…looked like a smear of lipstick though washed it off before I thought of taking any kind of picture

4 Likes

I’m trying so hard to not write my actual thoughts… :smile:

:coffin: :high_heel: :syringe:

…so many bad ideas…

…and no vampire or S&M emojis at all…

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Now, now lets keep this informational :wink:

That did it…you implanted all kinds of images my poor mind will now wander to the next time trimming is in order :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: you bad boy, you rofl! :hugging::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

So I received my package from Luke at fix my soil…came Saturday evening and found last night. I received:

Per directions, I should give the plants in my tested soil alternating monthly between Calmag Plus at 2Tb per gallon and Inferno at 2Tb per gallon with Zhume at 1/4 tsp per gallon every month. Instead I will alternate between Calmag Plus at 1Tb per gallon and Inferno at 1Tb per gallon with Zhume at 1/8 tsp per gallon every other week. So today I mixed up 1Tb Calmag Plus and 1/8 tsp Zhume per gallon and put 3 gallons total in the blumat reservoir.

I also moved 5 of the 6 girl clones into the boy cabinet so they can start getting used to the cmh light

Leaving 1 girl clone to start as a bonsai mother…this training will start when I figure out the shape I want her to take though leaning towards “hogidachi” as its really basic

The boys’ clones finally rooted (#1 on left, #2 on right)…I put them in styrofoam cup bottoms (with # marked) and covered their peat pellets with a paper towel. Hopefully this will encourage the roots to grow more before up-potting

The boys haven’t lost their stride since the prune job

The girl is continuing to grow…the zhume and calmag plus should definitely help

Too much of her soil is uncovered so I threw in some cat grass and clover seeds figuring a living mulch would be better to help keep the soil more balanced than leaves or straw would…tomorrow she will receive a kelp foliar to help the new growth along

10 Likes

The straw is actually important in the cover crop. It acts as a carbon source and helps the clover compost when its chopped. :wink:

5 Likes

True though right now it will only keep the soil moist and cool it. I think its its more important to form a living mulch to remove some nutrients, build microbes with more root exudates while helping to aerate the soil, increase biomass below the soil surface and later, above. Now adding straw ~mid way through flowering will be better so it starts to break down when I want to cut the cover crop back which will be ~3wks from harvest to try to avoid lag time in the soil food web’s digestion cycle

7 Likes

Tomorrow is the day to flip her lights though would like to see a bit more growth so instead of immediately flipping, she will be eased into flowering by losing 1 hr a day for the next 6 days

In the meantime, I will continue her mineral (growth) foliar on Saturday’s and kelp foliar on Tuesday’s. Her clones are adjusting well to the cmh light with 1 (not on a barrier) is trying to root herself into the soil

So in the next few days, I will be stuffing the boys into my 2x3x4 cabinet and transplanting the girls into the DocBud soil to follow that regimen… once they get over that shock, I will be doing a brix check again and see where we get with that

12 Likes