Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Last night, I potted up clones from boys 1 and 2

Boy 7 clone is rooted though has yet to fully show his roots so he was placed in a bowl with a clear cup over hum for humidity and set on a plate with the other clones to get them out of the way

And now the boys are officially squeezed into the cabinet with them

To get them to fit, I had to thin them out some more which gave the perfect opportunity to dry out their sap onto a butter knife and a piece of paper

Now there is no room for Shaman to go back into that cabinet so she joined the girl clones and will be moving Shaman into the other cabinet with the big girl after she has been pollinated allowing these girls to grow unimpeded…

Last but not least, the big girl…looking better and better each day

7 Likes

While getting ready to transplant the girl clones, I noticed the little baggy of Roots! looked familiar so I went through some of my amendments and found my container of Transplant Formula by Mineralized Gardens

If it is the same stuff, then DocBuds is $35.00 vs Mineralized Gardens $23.00 for 3 lbs. Now a little bit of this stuff goes a long way so 3 lbs is a bit overkill and will last a very long time. Luckily, Docbuds also sells a 1 lb container/baggie for $15.92. Anyhow, the directions say:

Selected 4 of the 5 clones and figured out their placement

Sprinkled 1/4 tsp Roots! into each hole

Checked their roots

Sprinkled another 1/4 tsp Roots! on top of each girls root ball and back filled setting them into place

Then watered them in with the Transplant formula (1 1/2 tsp in 8cups water)…each received 2c

Now looking at the recommended schedule, I noticed the foliar and drench routine is very similar to my normal practice just with slightly different stuff

So following the listed schedule, tomorrow will be a De-Stress foliar with what else? Kelp tea :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Update time!

The big girl received a heavy defoliation on Monday to eliminate the funky leaves and make room for the healthier leaves now we are back up to 3 fingers…last one until she is ready to finish up

Before

After

Today

This is also the 1st day of 13 hrs light so I am calling it day 1 for flowering to compensate for the overlap (her day is my night)

Meanwhile, the girl clones are settling in getting ready to take off

The little clones (1 from each) are hanging in there behind the big boys…hidden but not forgotten

The big boys in front are handling their small space well

10 Likes

Is the funky leaf curl typical of this strain ya think?

2 Likes

I don’t think it is as those leaves are typical of root/ph issues. In her case, its partially due to reveg then it went extreme when I let her dry out to transplant her then because many of her feeder roots were ripped out I prolonged it by giving just enough water to barely hydrate her so the hormones can slowly switch while the roots rebuilt themselves. Once, I saw the new growth start to come in, I removed some of her pom pom leaves so I can ensure it wasn’t my imagination and that the new growth was healthy, it became time to hydrate her completely and resume her foliars. Now that she is back on track and gaining a new node every 3 days, it became time to remove all/most the funky leaves…they kept her alive and I am grateful for that but man I am glad they are gone - horrible to look at

5 Likes

So it looks like we have a hitchhiker in the big girls’ soil

I’ll have to keep an eye on it though guessing its probably lambsquarter and i’ll have to toss in some more clover as its really concentrated in some parts yet bare in others

The big girl is rockin right along

And so are her clones next door though i’ll have to up their water by turning the blumat carrot up a notch

I hate hand watering and the boys are showing it though all in all not bad

i’ll have to start removing boy #2 (front left) so I can get better pictures of the soon to be bonsai clones though you can see they are hanging in there as well

The 4 girl clones will receive their Docbuds Brix foliar this evening and the big momma will receive her mineral growth foliar tomorrow then Sunday i’ll get brix readings from all of them to see where that stands at the moment

11 Likes

any way that stray sprout could be a :hot_pepper: pepper? it sure looks like one.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I don’t think so unless my new neighbors threw some seeds over the fence into the woods which I doubt as they don’t seem to be the gardening type. Now I wouldn’t put it passed the old ones though its a pretty unlikely spot. I have been more scared of the bird vetch coming indoors than anything and that is definitely not it…whatever it is, i’ll let it grow just to id it

4 Likes

your bird vetch made me think your neighbors could be irrelevant-- :bird: :poop: :rainbow:

:smile:

2 Likes

oh its nasty stuff! It was brought up here for the roadways…the viney purple flowers look pretty enough so yrs ago my mom dug up some and thought she could control it not knowing just an 1/8" of plant infests the whole area. every year I rip it up as soon as I see it well the summer before last i was hung up for the season recuperating from surgery so just let it go…the boys decided to take up that duty so left everything that looked pretty so mom would be happy then my youngest freaked out on his dad for mowing a patch of it…I hobbbled over to figure out what he was talking about and laughed my ass off before I could compose myself enough to tell him its ok… it looks pretty but it will strangle and choke out everything around so I am glad its gone. Unfortunately, they left the patch cut up in place so naturally it spread again…least they tried lol

4 Likes

I thought vetch was used as a cover crop?

3 Likes

Its a great cover crop for erosion control…ditches, hillsides, riverbanks etc not so much for garden/perennial beds…it grows very fast wrapping itself around anything it can, even itself to take light dominance strangling everything in its way. Shade plants don’t mind and do provide some warmth to the soil earlier in the spring as we defrost (1 month break up season) so the powers that be thought it would be awesome to mix it in with natural grasses trying to restore the ground as streets and highways were built thinking that other things in the mix like yarrow, canada thistle, narrowleaf hawksbeard, oxeye daisy etc would plow through only to die a very slow death through light deprivation. The ones that managed to survive like our precious fireweed even got taken over by it which used to be synonymous of our highways seeing fields of it alongside the roadway though not anymore.

In fact, UA (university of Ak) joined with UCM (Usibelli coal mine) to do a restoration seed mix to over plant certain areas releasing 8 tons of seeds over 5,500 acres a yr for like 30 or so yrs to try to choke it out to no avail…it just takes over anywhere its introduced.

Some like my mom agreed it was pretty and erosion control is a must on 1.5 acres with 0.75 acres is sand and backfill surrounded by trees to divide properties so she like many, brought it home. After awhile, seeing our natural plants being destroyed as it takes over, some thought it would be a good idea to burn it only for it to come back with a vengeance acting alot like horsetail which led to deeper burning which of course added to the natural wildfires we have up here except some of our wildfires go really deep underground continuing to burn through the winter in -10-30f only to resurface in the spring hungry for more carbon. Whats the 1st to come up and thrives with torture? vetch.

This went on for a few yrs and needed to stop so some research said the community needed to be educated so restoration seed packs were handed out (still have a couple) for the project to broadcast it in trouble area’s instead of burning it… It helped though not enough so another study said forget the adults and target the elementary kids so various classrooms took trips out to swamps to learn about the eco system with a highlight on vetch…like anything else, it has its place its just not native here and is eliminating native species though that seems to be ok because it adds to the eco system. Fine.

Now those kids are in their early 20’s and can care less like many of us at that age…well among those that actually stay and with an average of 30% yearly population change among ~700,000 at any given time being a “military, at will state” triple the size of Tx being mostly owned by the federal government, people have forgotten over the yrs or never experienced fireweed filled trenches shining bright among daisy’s, siberian irises, napweed and hawksbeard with patches of wild oats and cheatgrass along the roadside as its mostly gone being replaced by the bird vetch except for the odd patch of cheatgrass here and there (((sigh))) Its nature I suppose and it is pretty just not the same…just keep it away from my plants for the 3-4 months of yr the ground isn’t frozen 4’ deep and i’ll be happy

6 Likes

sorry to reply briefly to your essay :wink: but… it seems what’s needed is the right bug or animal to eat it down. historically that can backfire(was it rabbits & australia?)… but when i hear what hogs can do to bermuda-grass(it’s going extinct in Tx) or nutsedge/grass, i want to borrow some piggies. they essentially destroy everything except dust to a depth of 3’ apparently. :pig2: :skull: :herb:

is this it?:

That seems easy to eradicate since there’s no mention of rhizomes like the horror you’re talking about above… hmm. :confused:

4 Likes

I did go off on a tangent didn’t I? I apologize for that though it is a horror and very difficult to eradicate. I have been battling it for 7 yrs…took 1 yr off from pulling and now have to start over with it popping up in other areas spreading by rhizomes…seeds can live for 5 yrs. Wikipedia is a great resource though very generalized lumping it in with friendlier vetches…friendlier is a misnomer though as vicia sativa been reported to emaciate livestock.

Here are some links going over how bad it really is here and how it grows/spreads:
Biology of Canadian Weeds
UA invasive species info: Vicia Cracca
Vicia Craca response to 6 herbicides

6 Likes

Whelp, took a look at the girls brix content…

Not spectacular though not bad either

8 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

She’s looking very good!

3 Likes

looks like a handy meter Motr

Hello I made it over!

im wondering about leaving breadcrumbs so I dont get to lost lol
dont let yer bird eat em :smiley:

5 Likes

You did! and it is! I love my Brixmeter to show the “real” health of the plant as outward appearances don’t give the whole story.

Uhhhh breadcrumbs ummm see that green bar on the right to the postings? At the bottom of it, click on the circle just to the right of the arrow and select the top one with an exclamation point…that will alert you to every posting in that thread…same with using @ plus member name :wink: i’ll take screenshots tomorrow if your having trouble with it

3 Likes

cool thanks yeah sum screen shots and bit of time i can prob wrap my broken head around it before toooo long

1 Like