Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

That hedge pic reminds me of this shot of Charles Wilber with his world record tomato plants. I’m hoping to try some of his techniques this year to get some monsters!

14 Likes

Whelp, I think Big Momma is as good as done :stuck_out_tongue:

From upper bud on left, lower bud on right

Some nice looking seeds…well 12 of 17 of them are ((pats self on back)) :stuck_out_tongue:

27 Likes

From someone who never made seeds before. What happens if they just fall out by themselves? Will they do that when they are all ready like some other plants do? Or would they be ruined?

7 Likes

@meesh Some would eventually, but most stay intact and many on the inside of the bud. If they fell on the ground, they would open in spring… or in the belly of a bird, lol.

Looking very good MOTR!! You are on your way! The buds look great too and reminds me of the one time I ran SSDD. So tasty.

peace

6 Likes

Great work @MomOnTheRun :+1::seedling:

Meesh, The cylax will contain the majority of them. Though I’ve had one or two volunteers pop up next round.

6 Likes

Oh, I’m so excited to grow these seeds!

16 Likes

Shit dude wear the goggles around that plant! What plant is that BTW?

7 Likes

Squirting cucumbers (or spitting cucumbers)

Ecballium elaterium, also called the squirting cucumber or exploding cucumber (but not to be confused with Cyclanthera brachystachya). It gets its unusual name from the fact that, when ripe, it squirts a stream of mucilaginous liquid containing its seeds, which can be seen with the naked eye.

15 Likes

That reminded my the first time I saw seed pods back in Nebraska on my impatience flowers I went to go touch them and they snapped open on me like a small rubber band startled me at first spreading seeds everywhere I thought WTF at first then realized that’s quite the cool seed dispersal system!

11 Likes

Thank you everyone! Its been a journey with some prep made that wasn’t needed and changing tactics midway through…tonight I will remove her and get those pods drying :stuck_out_tongue:

Meesh, I am expecting a volunteer or 3 as I think a couple have dropped though I need to rework the soil for the next round so may not even come to fruition if they did :wink:

Sebring, that is one wicked plant…would hate to collect seeds from those :fearful:

8 Likes

it sure reminded me of unrelated things :joy:

:evergreen_tree: well sorta related kinda

8 Likes

@cannabissequoia, rhymes with hockey.

6 Likes

There’s a plant here in Canada called a touch me not that does something similar, but in a way less drastic fashion.

Seeds look nice and plump, good job! I’d say it must be a relief to be done, but I know you have 800 other projects going so no rest for the wicked lol

8 Likes

It is though not quite done…1 Big girl down with boy #1, 4 clones at the halfway mark with boy #2 with boy #7 waiting his turn :stuck_out_tongue:

Rofl! Sure though its fun and a bit challenging which makes all the difference :wink:

6 Likes

Alright Big Momma is officially down going from this

To this

To this

Then this

and now chilling in a under the bed storage container sandwiched in between 2 sheets of newspaper so she doesn’t dry out too fast…every 4-6 hrs they get flipped with new sheets of newspaper for ~ a week

Now many wouldn’t bother with trimming seeded bud though I personally like it…I get into a zen like mode as I contemplate what I am going to use it for after a solvent transfer to try out the high/stone before the rest is ready to smoke. Hardly anything goes to waste around here :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

Even Papa gnome got in on the action! Last seen giving momma a bouquet all her own :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

i would double like this if i could
waste not, want not

6 Likes

Well done, thanks for all those great pictures and info, all makes a lot more sense when you have some pictures to relate the info to

4 Likes

No problem! I find many are visual and I am much better with pictures than explanations :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

When you smoke a seeded mother do you find it to be pretty much the same as an unseeded clone would be?

3 Likes