Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Introducing #'s 4,5 & 6

Altogether

…4 more to go :wink:

13 Likes

Absolutely love this! I bookmarked it. Thank you!

5 Likes

I reckon @MomOnTheRun is an excellent choice for breeder/grower/chucker etc , she knows what she’s talking about and i think she’ll kick ass, also if a “bleeder” phen/geno can be found she’ll find it…

Good luck and well done for volunteering your grow room for the “team”.! (so to spk lol…)

I’ll be watching this one, also great :+1:prep and a great start on the germ front .!!

Happy growing/smoking ,

Gaz

11 Likes

Glad ya’ll are enjoying the journal so far…I just spend the last 24 hrs fighting a flu little man brought home from school - wish he wouldn’t share so much lol Ah well, fevers broke so I feel somewhat human again. Anyhow, it doesn’t seem that there will be anymore seeds coming up so I will be doing a little excavating today to try and see what happened.

Numbers 1-6 at 2 days old

14 Likes

It’s no secret that i am gonna wanna get some seeds off this run, like everyone else.

But i promise the captain, breeder and donor of this initiative a sewn patch of the logo for the project. My gift for your time and effort, will also make a giveaway or raffle to give out the rest to the overgrow community! Will make like ten or so.

I love overgrow, and thanks for this gang!

Sci :robot:

15 Likes

Awesome idea! I think we should do it for all the threads! I’ll see what I can do on that (because I want them too hehe)
Edit- the mad man is already on it

7 Likes

:astonished: :clap: :thumbsup: :scissors:

Sew cool… :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

That is really cool and very generous of you @MadScientist :heart_eyes: Thank you!

4 Likes

Do not despair @Hoodini, as the architech of this endeavour you will get all four patches, OFC!

Sci :robot:

8 Likes

Today, I harvested the “powerhouse” 3…

Horsetail: Silica

Hemp Nettles: immune function and natural insect repellent: B1, magnesium, copper, nitrogen

Comfrey: Magnesium, phosphorus and potassium

Many weeds can be used with their own special benefits giving free nutrients especially dynamic accumulators

Because I use the leaves from these plants for foliars, the best way to harvest the nutrients is to make them into a tea…

1. Cut up the leaves into small pieces measuring 1c per 1 gallon distilled water

2. Boil for 20-30 minutes

3. Let cool and put leaves and all into a container that holds 1 gallon

4. Shake daily for 1 week then strain

These pre made tea’s last ~6 months so I collect more to hang dry to make up again in February. They are very potent so need further dilution before using when the time comes: 1:500 for soil drenches and 1:1000 for foliars

20 Likes

Sweet just got chopping down some comfrey myself just threw my in a bucket and put an air stone to it ! Would it benefit more from a boil ? Comfrey breaks down so easy thoughts?

6 Likes

Boiling does 2 things… release nutrients faster then decomposing and kills unwanted spores, bugs and potential spreading especially for the horsetail :wink:

10 Likes

I thank you good sir :slight_smile: but even architect is more of a title than I deserve, but those patches will definitely be flown proudly on my riding leathers! I feel so special and super excited

6 Likes

So you mean to say i could boil the stuff and make teas, as opposed to fermenting them and waiting?

Teas are ready super fast…

7 Likes

Yup. The only difference is how fast the comfrey decomposes which is pretty quick anyway…boiling it makes it break down within a week vs 4-6 wks with a cold steep :wink:

10 Likes

So did a little digging in the remaining 4 pots and found the top of 1 seed (bottom left) and 1 seedling (top left) trying to come up

So total count is 7 possibly 8 DBHP…we’ll see in the next day or two

11 Likes

Not for nothin @MomOnTheRun your garden is on point

6 Likes

Two quick questions about these three. What, and how?

3 Likes

These 3 tea’s are very specific to help with transitions, increase sugar content and reduce stress

Veg - Bacterial: increased growth energy - Anions (negative charge): nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and chlorine

Anionic Phosphorus Acid tea - this is the start of boosting sugar content so is ONLY given at 21 days old as a foliar
For every gallon of water, mix 3Tb molasses, 4oz flat cola, 1 tsp quick lime, 2.5 Tb Fish hydrolysate (liquid fish), 1 tb kelp, 2oz Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 tsp Sea salt

Anionic Calcium Phosphate Tea…given ONLY at light flip for a quick calcium boost as the soil transitions from bacterial to fungal
Equal parts baked/crushed eggshells and apple cider vinegar…let eggshells dissolve (~2wks) then add 20 parts of water to dilute

Flower - Fungal: Middle and late flowering - Cations (positive charge): calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium

Potassium Silicate Tea…given at 2 wks and 5 wks of flower. Foliar followed with a root drench the next day
For every 1 gallons of water add 2c horsetail ash and 2 Tb Boric Acid (Borax)…simmer for 30 minutes then cool, strain and filter then add 3/4 tsp clay like soft rock phosphate and shake well for ~3min. To use: Mix 1c of this solution to every 4 cups compost tea then dilute 1:1 with water…makes just over 1/2 gallon.

So it’ll go something like…
Day 7 horsetail tea, liquid fish foliar
Day 10 Nettle Tea, yarrow tea, sunflower seed sprout foliar
Day 14 horsetail tea, liquid fish foliar - Feed soil with veg ferment
Day 17 Nettle Tea, sunflower seed sprout foliar
Day 18 Transplant into final container
Day 21 (Anionic) Phosphorus tea foliar
Day 24 Horsetail Tea, dandelion and/or yarrow tea foliar
Day 28 OR* a week before light flip: Topdress with earthworm castings, alfalfa, neem, bat guano (high P), langbeinite, kelp, fishmeal…watered in with LAB
Day 31 Horsetail Tea foliar
Day 35 At light flip (Anionic) Calcium Phosphate tea foliar
Day 38 horsetail tea and rosehip tea foliar
Day 42 Chamomile and/or chickweed tea foliar
Day 45 horsetail tea and rosehip tea foliar
Day 49 (Cationic) Potassium Silicate tea foliar
Day 50 (Cationic) Potassium Silicate tea soil drench
Day 52 Chamomile and/or chickweed tea foliar - Feed soil with fruit ferment
Day 56 Topdress Micro Organisms on dry oats and Insect Frass watered in with LAB
Day 91 OR last 2 wks flowering topdress, peat, perlite, earthwork castings, kelp, neem and fishmeal covered in fall leaves and/or comfrey watered in with Lab and horsetail tea

Repeat - Every 3 grows will need to remineralise and “rest” soil with a cover crop

Now some of these foliars are simply not needed or are used instead ie dandelion tea OR Nettle Tea. They are highly dependent upon what the soil test tells me is on the low side and/or what the plant wants more of and there are other foliars in the arsenal depending upon environmental issues:
Basil - rodents
Chives, cilantro and sage - aphids, spidermites and beetles
Chrysanthemum - root nematodes
Ginger and Garlic - fungicide etc.

Hope this helps

14 Likes

Now that I successfully inundated ya’ll, lets slow it back down with a group shot of the babies today…

7 is taking its time opening up though making progress unlike potential #8 which will be tossed tomorrow if there is still no action :wink:

10 Likes