Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

awesome excited for this run!! please make enough seeds for me to have some :pray:

7 Likes

There will be plenty as I am dedicating one of my 3x3x8 cabinets and 1/2 of my new “ghetto” veg/auto area with the capability of moving to a 6x3 area if needed to just this strain for the next 6 or so yrs for regular and fem seeds as well as, working to stabilize just the “bleeders” …I have a feeling it depends upon sugar content so going on my gut instinct, this is a ummmm a ah true living soil meets high brix grow with fewer and fewer inputs as we get to know the soil through testing and the strain through brix readings with visuals as they mature allowing “us” to get on a rhythm and steady routine

8 Likes

apparently the ‘dragons blood’ was about 70% occurrence, and f1 hybrids with the line were 50% occurrence… since this is dragon blood f2 x 88g13hp i’m going to guess 50%?

• Dragon’s Blood (Hawaiian Sativa × '88 G13/HP)

i have been working on a secret project for a few years, not trying to be sneaky, just wanted to make sure i could pull it off before i spilled the beans. I’m about 75% done and things are going very well. its a new male, a male that brings with it a unique genetic marker. the male and its progeny bleed a dark red/violet high brix sap that resembles blood, along with a very different terpene signature and a beautiful uplifting high. originaly i called it just blood, but to not confuse people with the old Hawaiian sativa of the same name, i renamed the line dragons blood after the dark aromatic tree sap used by magians to ward of negative energies and infuse the work space with positive vibes. the line is based off a unique individual from the pipeline hashplant seeds, i sprouted all 23, and one plant had the red trait, I’m thinking it has hawiian blood ancestry deep in its genetics or it was crossed pollinated by the blood. the line dates from the mid nineties, and was bred by a kind soul with deep roots in islands cannabis heritage, he’s no longer with us but will live on through the seeds. in order to isolate the traits in blood specimen i took a pipeline male and crossed it to the blood, then grew out 33 of those looking for the blood trait, about 30% had the trait. i then took those plants and open pollinated them. the next wave had 50% blood traits. repeat the process, now were up to 70%. f1 hybrids with the line are showing a 50% blood traits. blood expressing hybrids of hybrids are showing 0% blood traits with a limited experiment of only 6 seeds. i think one more ix of the line and it will be pretty dominate, I’m hoping not so dominate that it takes over, the deadly g inbreeding taught me that further is not always better, its about balance and synergy. I’ve grown out the dragons blood hashplant (dragons blood f2 x 88g13hp) twice, she’s a beautiful frosty beauty, with that refreshing effect on the mind, body, and soul. testers with the f3 males are ready, and f4s will be popped soon. I’m not sure if i want the trait to stay within the f1’s and initial hybrid outcrosses or be dominate enough to move more freely into the greater gene pool.
the applications are novel and vast. put a hundred og’s in the room, not an easy task to tell them apart, but if one bleeds red you know which that one is. you can also link the trait to other traits making breeding easier by selecting for colored sap individuals. starting family lines and lineages from this royal blood pool will offer up endless possibilities. with deep gratitude and love, Its my pleasure to offer up this this true breeding scarlet cannabis treasure line for the community and the future…

15 Likes

Perhaps. Though that is what I am guessing based on what is known in mendelian genetics which is very little when it comes to actual genotype and of course, how epigenetics play turning on/off cells with mutations here/there as needed to survive in different environments with the inputs received as all we glean is phenotype and reactions in varying environments and inputs.

Reactions I know for the most part and can spot mutations though how it all works can be a mindfuck as even clones from the same mother with all inputs the same, will not behave the same under different lights (HPS- CMH-LED) in the same room at recommended watts per square foot though was recently told that is now outdated…my summer experiment with ~3 wks left to go over on Grasscity

5 Likes

Day 5 for #'s 1-3… ready for their 1st watering

Day 4 for #'s 4-6

Day 2 for #7

Sadly #8 didn’t do a single thing and I dropped the seed before I could take a pic of it

12 Likes

Numbers 1-3 Day 7…will receive a covering of dried, chopped leaves and 1st foliar of diluted horsetail tea (1/8 tsp per 2 3/4c water) when lights go out this evening

Numbers 4-6 Day 6…1st watering was last night

Number 7 Day 4…1st watering today

12 Likes

:thinking:

i can’t be the only dude here supressing “who’s your daddy?” humor with momontherun here…

:wink:

:evergreen_tree: :confounded:

5 Likes

Those little stems are already looking nice and sturdy @MomOnTheRun !

6 Likes

It would be sweet if you found a male and female bleeder pair to use as a select f2 project later :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Absolutely and exactly what I am hoping for

3 Likes

Lets back track for a minute as the LAB is finally done enough that we can use it to rewet the top of the soil…

Cook 1c rice in 3cup water for ~10 minutes. The idea is to get the rice to release more starch then just a simple rinse will provide. Separate the rice and starch water… the water is used for the LAB and the partially cooked rice is used for micro organism collection

As you see, the rice soaked up a cup of the water so make sure you account for this. Now the starchy water is put into its own container with a small colander on top to keep debris out. This gets put into a semi dark warm space…the warmer it is, the faster the process - 70-75F is ideal

The rice gets set into a flat long container with a piece of paper towel taped down to it

The rice containers get to hang out outside partially buried with dead leaves and/ or straw on top so the microorganisms can flock to it…choose various sites especially where the plant life is flourishing.

Every few days, check on the rice looking for color change from white to yellow - if any goes black or green, it spent too long outside.

After a week of sitting, our LAB has 3 distinct layers:
Top = Leftover carbs and molds; Middle = Lactic Acid; Bottom = Starches

Use a baster, medicine syringe, pipette etc to extract only the middle layer.

Now we will mix this with 10 parts milk ie 1T serum + 10T milk. Seal the container to create an anaerobic (no air) environment to kill off other spores….pressure will build so it will need to be burped every few days or better yet, use an airlock

Because my temps are dropping outside, the micro organism collection went real slow…10 days to get to this stage

Now the rice gets mixed with equal parts brown sugar, recovered with a paper towel and sit on top of my fridge for plenty of airflow

Remember, LAB is no air whereas, the rice gets unrestricted air flow.

After ~a week, the LAB will form 2 layers:
Top = Curds; Bottom = Whey (yellow “water”)

Because this is a large batch, not all of the milk has curdled in this short time in my home. So what is curdled gets removed leaving nothing but the liquid

The curds do not get tossed, instead I freeze them to give to my dachshunds as a monthly treat or one could toss them into a worm bin as there is a lot of beneficial life hidden within the curds. After a few days, the lactobacillus will again separate as they “eat” the milk

I took a drop of the liquid and focused on it with my microscope and realized I am out of fixative so this is the best shot I could get as the buggers move really fast

It is done enough to mix 1Tb of this liquid with 1gallon of water to rewet the soil

Now to check on the sugary rice…

Its fermenting beautifully and can see spores forming and multiplying within the camera flash…its done enough to dilute and pour onto bran or oats for the next (and last) step though I am going to leave it be for a week longer while I wait for the milk to finish curdling for no rhyme or reason other than because I can :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Day 9 for #'s 1-3

Day 8 for #'s 4-6…received a horsetail tea foliar last night and topdressed with chopped up leaves

Day 6 for #7

8 Likes

Now that the youngest is a week old, lets take a peek at the roots…

Day 10 for #'s 1-3…Will receive Nettle Tea foliar (1/8 tsp per 2 3/4c water) when lights go out

Day 9 for #'s 4-6

Day 7 for #7

Now that the rain has decided to take a break, my humidity plunged down to 30% so time to break out the humidifier

9 Likes

Day 11 for #'s 1 - 3

Day 10 for #'s 4 - 6 …time for a nettle tea foliar at lights out

Day 8 for #7… time for a horsetail tea foliar and a leaf covering

Now lets get the soil off for testing

13 Likes

Looks like the kelp in the seedling mix has run out of steam so I mixed up 1/4 tsp LAB in 8 c water then I took 4c of the LAB water and added 3/4 tsp liquid fish…fed them the LAB & Fish water today with the 4c Lab water ready for tomorrow…

Day 14

Day 13

Day 11

I also sprinkled ~1Tb Catgrass seeds over the soil to check viability while we wait for the results of the soil test

10 Likes

Hey @MomOnTheRun was just wondering are some of your practices coming from KNF/Jadams concepts ? I’d like to get into more of this in future grows!

3 Likes

Many of the concepts are the same…I learned how to garden this way from old books written by Dr Carey Reams…the grandfather of soil re-mineralisation focusing fertilization based on electromagnetism balancing positive and negative charges believing “All Disease is the result of a mineral deficiency” - a man truly ahead of his time and was rejected by most of main stream gardening being called a quack.

Dr William Albrecht challenged Dr Reams’ theory, tweaked it out a bit and demonstrated that it does work with the bonus of insect protection often being quoted as saying, “insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It’s not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim”

Later on, in the early 90’s Rex Harrill, a long time gardener and wine maker took a hold of this mineral gardening then demonstrated how to use a refractometer for fruits and vegetable based off of Dr Reams work from another student of his, Dr Arden Anderson.

The only lab to test for electromagnetivity and CEC’s is IAG…ran by a fellow student of Reams, Dr Dan Skow. So when gardening this way, all tests go through them looking at what is available to the plant and not solely NPK like all other labs which will screw up the soil.

In recent years, Doc Bud over at 420 Mag started working closely with IAG to develop a protocol for his “vegetable garden” and now sells a kit with directions for cannabis based on his test results over the last 6 or so yrs…most inputs are made from and sold by IAG as they are the scientists though it all goes back to the “quack of his time” Dr Reams.

Some great reading:

Half of Reams Desk Reference
How to use Refractometer by Rex Harrill
Thomas Giannou Thoughts on High Brix

Choose Life or Death: The Reams Biological Theory of Ionization By Carey A Reams and Cliff Dudley

12 Likes

Damnit Mom. I thought I knew my 'chit. D’oh.

:hugging:

:evergreen_tree: :nerd:

4 Likes

ROFL! The day one stops learning, is the day one dies :wink:

11 Likes

I read somewhere about like and unlike charges in the soil if I’d have to guess it would be " teaming with nutrients" the second book in the trilogy of Jeff Lowenfels books, hardest one to grasp IMO of the three but still a good one none the less .

2 Likes