Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Well folks, I’m gonna be leaving these plants to their own devices for a week. If you’re the prayin’ type, squeeze in a word for the 'spice and also that my basement doesn’t flood. :sweat_smile:

They’ve rebounded enough from the transplant, roots at the bottom of the pots on most, so I’ve set them to hourly feeds during lights on, and with any luck we won’t blow through 20 gallons of nutes while I’m gone. Flowah time! :tulip::rose::sunflower::bouquet::hibiscus:

Day 1 is technically tomorrow (14 hours today). I can never remember so here’s my note to the world.

18 Likes

Back in town and the plants all survived. The auto feed was a little bit too wet for some of the smaller plants, so I’m going to play nurse and hand feed them for a few days. Most of the bigger plants look good and are filling in quite nicely. One has some bizarre yellowing on a leaf, but looks like it may also be a bit waterlogged. Will spend this week getting them fixed up a bit, but all in all not too bad.

Today marks the beginning of the 2nd week of flower.

15 Likes

Is the early flower to keep it from growing too tall?

I think this could be the Bodhi run I am most excited about besides SSDD.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

:peace: :herb: :crab:

6 Likes

Yep exactly my plan. I’m only doing this run for seed, and I want to open pollenate and squeeze as many plants as I can into this space. I know I can fit 6 sizeable plants, and I’m hoping to be able to keep about 8 of these if I can keep them a bit smaller. I’ll just throw away the least desirable looking ones and propagate the winners. Should be plenty of seeds for all.

11 Likes

I can confirm 2 JS males so far. No confirmed wimmenz yet. Can’t yet determine sex of the Black Domina plants yet either. All BD males are headed for the trash!

6 Likes

@lefthandseeds where did the Black Domina come from?

That could be great luck to have those males. Don’t toss them just yet!

1 Like

They came from “new420guy”. I just bought a few seeds to test, and this is the first time I’m trying them.

I’d like to keep the males around, but unfortunately I don’t have the space to grow them out without pollinating the JS or something else.

Easy come easy go!

4 Likes

A couple males have busted out their nuts already. I haven’t yet seen any pistils, but I think we will have at least 3-4 to work with. No sign of sex on any of the Black Dominas yet.

I’m still trying to get all of the plants to appreciate the same feeding schedule. It’s definitely a lot better than a few days ago when I got back. At this point, I think it’ll work itself out in a few more days.

13 Likes

Got bored and took a few close ups. Bet those stems are hollow.

12 Likes

A few things going on here. It looks like we’re going to be male heavy, but I’ll take an official count in a few days and update here.

Also, I’ve slightly altered my nutrient recipe. Things are going pretty well but my hate for potassium silicate has gotten the best of me, and I’ve re-imitated the V+B recipe using soluble kelp instead. The new formula is:

(Approx per 10 gallons)
30g Peters 5-11-26
24g Calcinit
9g Epsom
8g Maxicrop Soluble Seaweed
2g Ammonium Sulfate

This keeps me from having to deal with extreme alkaline pH caused by the potassium silicate… and also I think it’s a lung irritant. Gross. The seaweed should be a nice addition… not providing Si, but for other reasons.

7 Likes

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

1 Like

LOL well it’s a good thing I sprouted a lot of seeds. I think we might have 6 males – though one is still too close to call. I can only guarantee 1 female so far. I’ll take give it a few more days and take a count. Sometime on Saturday, I’ll get some glam shots of all the plants. The Black Domina’s are looking good. I think we’re going to get 2 fems out of 3.

In other news/tents, I am running 3x deep chunk F12’s. They’re in early maturity right now, but I’ve seen pistils on all 3. What that means for everybody here is that I will likely be moving one of the female chunks over to the JS tent, and will be making DC x JS hybrids as well.

If you’re interested in checking those out, see my grow diary called “Afghaniganza”.

10 Likes

Major update:

Trimmed, sexed and took pictures of all the plants. For Jungle Spice, we have 4 fems and 5 males. Black Domina, I could only definitively sex 1 of the plants as a female so far. A little slower to show.

Right now, my favorite male is JS#5. Vigorous growth, but an early shower.

I’m considering culling JS#3. It’s super finicky about watering. I might also cull BD#2 for weird growth and leaf mutations. I might also try to keep it and swap it into my Afghani tent…

15 Likes

Keeping more than one male is infinitely better than picking just one. Hard to tell what they’re going to pass on based on the traits they showed

7 Likes

I agree with @Worcestershire_Farms.
I also agree that it’s not a bad idea to toss the mutant and the super finicky one. Survival of the fittest.

7 Likes

Looking good lefty! Excited for you and to see what you find

2 Likes

Watching this one with interest, can’t wait to see what you do.

2 Likes

Yeah we’re male heavy here, so I’m not worried about tossing 1-2. Even if I get rid of 2 males, there would still be 3 males and 4 females. The way things are looking, I’m keeping no less than 3 males here. I’ll grow all of the females, and distribute seeds from all, unless there is some reason to get rid of a female

12 Likes

I’m certainly looking forward to the end results of this seed run and would love to be put onto the list as well if possible @lefthandseeds . Keep up the great work in preserving this line.
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

I’ll have plenty of seeds to give out. Get with @Sebring to make sure you’re included. He’s keeping the master list.

8 Likes